Best and Worst Recovering Cities

JaronsToy

Columbus made the list as 24

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/gallery/sacramento-ca/?icid=main%7Cwelcome%7Cdl9%7Csec1_lnk3%7C206881

Columbus, OH

Price Peak: $ 103.92 (July 2005)

End of Year Price: $ 82.19

Difference: - 20.9%

With its worst price recorded at the end of December, it’s very likely that Columbus will continue to fall in home values in 2011. While it may have lost less of its market value than larger cities on the list, its peak price of just over $103 does not leave much room for the kind of drastic declines seen in spots like Las Vegas and Phoenix.

Edited by JaronsToy

Meh, only if you want/need to sell. I personally plan on being in my home the next 12-15 years...so it has no affect on me.

+1...at the VERY minimum, i'll be in my house through next summer, because i dont want to have to repay my homebuyers credit, but realistically, i'll be here 5-6 more years, and then hopefully i can buy something a bit nicer...lucky for me i bought it pretty low, HUD house, and got it for $37k below what it appraised for <2 years earlier. i could probably sell now and make at least 10-15k with the new kitchen, patio, and a few other things ive done