Ride 3/17

SJC1000rr

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I hear ya. This year I plan on doing a 3-4hr ride ride down South and West. I drove St. Rt 124 West last year and though...man this would be great for a bike. Something like 23 down to Waverly, (Hometown) and then 220 West to 124 North/West through Hillsboro into 134. Then back on 28 East into Greenfield and 138 Northeast to Circleville,

As for tomorrow, I just want to get away from all the insanity and drinking. Nice back country road. Maybe 33 to 188 down to 159 and back.

Edited by SJC1000rr

I can always do without drunks (unless I am one) but being a Tuesday I am sure we could find a few fun twisty roads sans DUIs.

Amateur hour won't start until later in the eve I don't expect, so we should be able to get in a few hours worth of riding before we have to play Dodge-em with liquored up cagers.... Particularly if we start off somewhat early, like noonish.

I am in for a ride anywhere within, say, a 50-70mi radius of C-bus. Oh, hell, it's gonna be NICE, so if there is a sizable crowd, I might even ride farther to meet up. (I'm laid off, so what the fuck do I care if I kill a whole day at it, right?)

Looks like 3 of us so far. As I am unfamiliar with some Eastern Highways/Roads, I have been looking at google map. It comes down to how long we want to be out on what I can come up with.

Looking at maybe meeting at IP, then 70East to 668 South/13 South to New Lex where we can start back or keep going.

Say 93 to Logan and 664 North coming back to 256.

Bout 140 miles total.

Edited by SJC1000rr

You guys cruise mainly right? Not no crazy racing stuff weaving in and out of lanes? lol reason i ask is i am fairly new at riding and i met up with some guys and they were pretty dangerous i stopped following them lol. Anyways, i am in for tomorrow as like as you guys ride safe. hehe.

I typically cruise, but a little over the speed limit. I try to keep away from doing anthing too brash. Anyways, I can come up with something but need some info on how long we would like to be out and start at 2-2:30ish?

Edited by SJC1000rr

I typically cruise, but a little over the speed limit. I try to keep away from doing anthing too brash. Anyways, I can come up with something but need some info on how long we would like to be out and start at 2-2:30ish?

works for me. my bike is up in worthington so maybe we could meet somewhere around there since its on the way east. im thinking like the east side of the kroger parking lot at the worthington mall (southwest corner of 23-270). im game for longer rides, but i think about 5 hours will be the max we can get before the sun sets and we turn to stone.

I'm available all day tomorrow and would like to ride but would be interested in heading out much earlier.

Considering the holiday I'd prefer to be back home by the end of the normal work day.

Any chance of moving the start time to somewhere around noon????

FYI, I'm Westside Columbus / Hilliard area.

yeah i was hoping earlyer than that say about 10. i have to pic up my son at 3:30.

I can do earlier than noon, earlier the better. I was just tryin to throw something out there earlier then 2:30 :p

cool

Hey Dave, you okay with running a kinda circle around your area? I could meet up with you @ Gender and 33 and here's what I was thinking...

- 674 South outta Canal Winchester to 22

- 22 to Circleville

- 56 outta Circleville to Laurelville

- 180 outta Laurelville to 374

- 374 to 33 and 33 back to Canal Winchester.

I come up with approx 80 miles or so. What you think? Some twisties and some staight roads.

Not looking to do anything to crazy my second time out for the season :p