got my downtown parking permit

John

i was the second person to get one lol. this is what you get for 50 dollars.

16h856x.jpg

the spots are free after 5 pm. if you work downtown and ride regularly, its not a terrible deal IMO. shit, i pay 100 a month to park my car downtown. i guess i can live with 50 a year for the bike...

the spots were free last year as a trial to see how it works... they say the 50 is to offset the costs of signage and paint. i guess its also for three brochures and a kickstand coaster :p

yeah i wish the city's price was closer to OSU's...

i remember when the MC permit was 5 bucks at OSU... damn 300% price increases :(

although really, there is lots more MC parking now than there was a few years ago.

Yeah, I would pay 15 bucks a year, no prob. I don't go downtown that much, so I was pissed they set the fee so high, not worth it for me, but if it is free after 5pm then I feel somewhat less like kicking Mayor Coleman's ass.

I figured it probably cost more to park in a garage for a year if they were charging that much, but like I said, I avoid downtown during the day like the plague. As Travis so astutely observed about me during our BW3s stop yesterday, "you don't really like people much, do you...."

i love motorcycle parking privileges on campus. 15 dollars for the whole year gets you closer parking than what they A pass people get when they pay 300+ for parking.

The "A" passes are over $600 a year now. I am glad I work on West campus only $150 a year for a "WA"

i love motorcycle parking privileges on campus. 15 dollars for the whole year gets you closer parking than what they A pass people get when they pay 300+ for parking.

Can't bikes park in car spots after 4 or 5 pm too? It mentions it on the tp.osu.edu site but it's very vague; all it says is something like "after 4[5?] pm, 2-wheeled vehicles can park in 4-wheeled vehicle spaces until 5 am". Does that mean we can park wherever the hell we want on campus in the evenings? That'd be convenient; not a huge perk but a nice convenience nonetheless.

You get the permit at the impound lot/violation bureau. 400 east whittier street. If you ever had a car impounded by the city its the same place. They are open 9-5 i think.

The sticker goes on your front fork or it can be laminated and attached to the bars. It must be visible to the meter maids.

Capt.

Where do you go to get the permit?

And where do you have to put the sticker?

Yes I can. Ill post it when I get home

ok here is the sign. this is one of the older ones... doesnt say anything about a permit. the permits just went on sale today so they havent gotten around to changing them yet.

they said they are not going to start ticketing until april, just handing out warnings until ppl realize they need a permit.

2cfqhd4.jpg

the pamphlet they gave me has these on it (scanned directly from the pamphlet)

2m4yb9e.jpg

here is a link that has a list and map of all the spots.

http://pubserv.ci.columbus.oh.us/transportation/Two-wheeled_info.htm

its not for everyone, but if you live or work downtown or in the short north, it may be helpful for you. i work downtown so its a definite plus for me :)

yeah i was kind of miffed at the price too... but like i said, i pay 25 a week to park a car, so its a lot cheaper than that. although i could ride my bicycle and park for free lol.

Yeah' date=' I would pay 15 bucks a year, no prob. I don't go downtown that much, so I was pissed they set the fee so high, not worth it for me, but if it is free after 5pm then I feel somewhat less like kicking Mayor Coleman's ass.

I figured it probably cost more to park in a garage for a year if they were charging that much, but like I said, I avoid downtown during the day like the plague. As Travis so astutely observed about me during our BW3s stop yesterday, "you don't really like people much, do you...."[/quote']

Can't bikes park in car spots after 4 or 5 pm too? It mentions it on the tp.osu.edu site but it's very vague; all it says is something like "after 4[5?] pm, 2-wheeled vehicles can park in 4-wheeled vehicle spaces until 5 am". Does that mean we can park wherever the hell we want on campus in the evenings? That'd be convenient; not a huge perk but a nice convenience nonetheless.

It is my understanding that you can park in 4 wheeled spaces after 4 IF you have a mc permit.

I have seen tickets being given twice in two years. If you don't have a pass it is a 50$ fine.

i saw a guy parked in the garage thats out behind rpac... i forget the name, neil ave garage i think? its right behind like jennings hall and the psychology building...

anyway, they taped a note to his windshield that said said "you must have a permit to park in here, next time i will have to ticket you"

i was surprised. it was really nice of the ticket guy, considering that to get the job you have to be a real cocksucker. he must be a rider :)

You get the permit at the impound lot/violation bureau. 400 east whittier street. If you ever had a car impounded by the city its the same place. They are open 9-5 i think.

The sticker goes on your front fork or it can be laminated and attached to the bars. It must be visible to the meter maids.

Thanks bro. i just wonder if i could use 1 pass on multiple bikes?

Thanks bro. i just wonder if i could use 1 pass on multiple bikes?

the permit has your plate number on it... so maybe if you laminated it and hung it from the bars, and switched your plate you could probably get away with it lol...

not exactly the most legal though ;)

the permit has your plate number on it... so maybe if you laminated it and hung it from the bars, and switched your plate you could probably get away with it lol...

not exactly the most legal though ;)

Yeah prolly not worth it.