whats the ccw change in may??

Mace1647545504

I heard the main issue is other states cancelling reciprocity due to the supposedly lax course required thus stealing potential revenue from the resident state. Which is unfortunate, as the reason I sought out the Utah permit was for confidentiality reasons. Looks like I may be forced into getting Ohio's permit after all.

for those interested the guy i took mine through is doing it again.

Interested in learning to shoot a handgun? Want to get your concealed carry permit?

NRA BASIC PISTOL COURSE

Basic Pistol Marksmanship

Learn to safely handle and shoot a handgun

Classroom lecture and live fire range time meets Ohio CCW requirements

Classroom schedule

Saturday April 9 12pm- 9pm

Range Time

Sunday April 10 12pm- 3pm

*Must attend both

Course Tuition

$95- You provide your own firearm

and 100 rounds of ammunition

$120- Handgun and ammo provided

(Consult instructor about appropriate handguns)

Due to limited class size

advance registration

with $40 deposit required

Matt Kissel

614-402-5558

mattkissel@sbcglobal.net

Steve Bohnert

614-562-0582

sbohnert1@att.net

I heard the main issue is other states cancelling reciprocity due to the supposedly lax course required thus stealing potential revenue from the resident state. Which is unfortunate, as the reason I sought out the Utah permit was for confidentiality reasons. Looks like I may be forced into getting Ohio's permit after all.

If you want the confidentiality aspect get the FL nonresident one. Our instructor was telling us that a bunch of legislators from Ohio were opting for the FL one for that reason.

I went through these guys http://safeccw.com/. If you take their course and pay an extra 25 bucks they will help you fill out the app, have it notarized, and they bring in a police officer to get your fingerprints for the FL Permit. You send the FL app packet, fngerprint card, a training certificate (same course requirements as OH CHL), and 117 bucks to FL and within three weeks or so you get the license. It expires every seven years and can be renewed by mail.

If you want the confidentiality aspect get the FL nonresident one. Our instructor was telling us that a bunch of legislators from Ohio were opting for the FL one for that reason.

Thanks, I actually already have the Utah permit, but I believe once the 5 years expires, I will not be able to renew it without the Ohio permit as well. Though I'm not totally sure about that.

I went thru armed2defend it's 50$ and a one day course was way worth he has a web site go to it and do it

Not discrediting anything about the people or the class but looking at their site I lol'd at:

Classes are held at Donatos Pizza from 8:15am to 8:15pm

Looks like a good deal though. Liked this par.

You will be given the opportunity to shoot various guns and calibers to get a feel for how they differ. I supply the handguns, ammo, and safety equipment.

I already have a class setup elasewhere the 23rd or I'd look into them more.