New use for white out

BrianZ06

My 3 dot sights were brown from age so I decided to try something new. You could hardly see the dot before this. With my old camera it's hard to get a good picture. Some of you guys that were at the sunday funday meet might remember what they looked like.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/1fstws6/000_1487.jpg

If you check eBay you can find glow-in-the-dark paint in a jar for use with a toothpick to do the same thing. Although new sights aren't really that expensive either. I just had new Novak's put on my 1911...they have white circles for day and Trijicon dots for low-light...

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5012/5546514211_4de6480c09.jpg

1911 3 by harmonda, on Flickr

My gun would have to be custom milled to fit those type and most likely require a refinish afterwards $$$ . Im use to these types. I have owned probably half a dozen 1911 types and all have had the 3 dot basic except for the gold cups which had adjustable target sights which Im not a fan of. Nice gun you have their.

Actually I dont see a big need for glow in the dark or night sights on a pistol, if I need to use my gun in the pitch dark say a bedroom invasion for an example I would not be taking a lot of time to line up sights, it would be more of a point and shoot situation. Im not going to have the time to take looking at the sites aim and fire. This is where practicing your point and shooting close quarters will pay off. Where talking about just a few feet when this would occur. Just my 2 cents worth about night sights.