Boat racing.

Sam1647545489

Even though I prolly will be the slowest this yr outta us I am still gonna give er hell. I figured drop the built vortec in this year, add blower next, hurt Tommys feelings on the water.

Don't be quite so sure, mine is HEAVY as fuck. Formula has always been on the comfortable/luxury side of performance...so I have alot of ground to make up. That coupled with the fact my power is way beyond an Alphas capability, I have to baby it out of the hole and again...make up ground. Hell, I already killed one alpha.

I should still be a contender though. Just not as much as one might expect. Just took lots of time and money to get it there.

Or, I'm sandbagging everybody. :D

(not really though)

Edited by FormulaMatt

Matt, I prolly will have to do the same outta the hole. I dunno how much hp a alpha can hold. I thought somewhere I read 400hp but I am not 100% on that. I am actually now talking to the guy that built that triple digit boat. He is telling me 70+ mph should no issue on my boat with 375hp. Hopefully the motor will make that which I think it should with no problems.

Mine will be slowest, I cant build up any HP. It really needs fixed this year.

Yes, we really need to get it fixed! Let me know if you want me to come help...or just hang out while you do it.

Matt, I prolly will have to do the same outta the hole. I dunno how much hp a alpha can hold. I thought somewhere I read 400hp but I am not 100% on that. I am actually now talking to the guy that built that triple digit boat. He is telling me 70+ mph should no issue on my boat with 375hp. Hopefully the motor will make that which I think it should with no problems.

I have read 350 in some places 400 in others...but I see 350 the most lol.

It is definitely the hole shot that kills them and the temps from high revs. There was not much left of mine when I tried to launch it hard once to see what it could do. Never even made it on plane before horrible horrible noises. I will baby the new one out of the hole to make it last.

Any idea how much your boat weighs?

Into the 70's will make me happy with mine. If I keep it around I will definitely add a blower and Bravo swap. The Bravo will be this winter if I decide to keep it around a while. If I end up moving to Florida or Arizona, I will sell this and upgrade to a 29'+ I should know by the end of summer.

Sam... racing on water = more fun than racing on land?

Sure fucking is! There are zero topless girls at the track or on the street but, you go to any lake and every girl is half naked with the random topless girl.

There is nothing like flying on the water watching every girl on the boat pull their titties out to flash the world. I will take a nice day at the lake over any day at the track.

I'm sure Sam will tell you that even the day he blew the motor in the boat, it was still better than any track day he had ever been to.

Sam... racing on water = more fun than racing on land?

Linn has it right. We had 4 girls half naked on the boat when it blew. Still had a great night. Although it's not as easy as just jumping in a car and rolling out, it's still fun. Racing is racing no matter what vehicle it is. It's all fun.

I caved in and bought a boat. Its no race boat however, think of it as the floating bar......

The details are overwhelming. But who cares what it is. We need more boats to tie up with on the lake. Honestly we only race prolly 20 mins out of the day of boating. It costs to much to race all day.

The details are overwhelming. But who cares what it is. We need more boats to tie up with on the lake. Honestly we only race prolly 20 mins out of the day of boating. It costs to much to race all day.

:( dammit illmiss all the racing this season

Boat's are fun and there are a few fast boats running around alum creek .

I had a 97 baja 260 with a super charged 502 that would run 87 mph on radar . I could out run about 90% of the boats out there but that last 10% were a lot faster . But the wife made me pick one fast toy ... so i kept the car had it longer

Edited by NHRATA