Thoughts on Gloss Black Roof for CWP MS3 ?

TTQ B4U

Parked my MS3 next to a really nice C-Class with Pearl Paint. Their color is similar to the Speed, but what really set the car off was it had tinted windows like my Speed but the roof was painted gloss black.

Really looked sharp and flowed well. I know others have done it . What are thoughts on this? Should it be plain gloss black or a metallic flake of some sort to better go with the pearl white?

Has anyone done it as a wrap? Does it work or is that shit? Curious.

Thanks!

I say leave it as is, but if youre gonna do it go a straight gloss black. No metallics or flakes.

As far as wraps i know there was an evo posted on here that used the carbon fiber wrap on the roof and it looked like it turned out well.

Cool. Looks like Wrap is the way to go. I think this summer I'll finally pull the trigger on my wheels too. I'd like to either pick up a nice set of MS6 wheels and sell my stock MS3 wheels. Anyone here on CR do them ?

Parked my MS3 next to a really nice C-Class with Pearl Paint. Their color is similar to the Speed, but what really set the car off was it had tinted windows like my Speed but the roof was painted gloss black.

Thanks!

Was the car equipped with a panoramic roof? MB paints the rest of the roof black to match but most of it is glass. Not that people haven't painted the non panoramic roof cars to look that way but for the most part that roof is all glass.

I'd do the wrap so when it gets old it's easy to un-do.

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/members/tategoi-albums-tategoi-s-w204-picture8319-panaromic-roof.jpg

http://0.tqn.com/d/cars/1/0/i/s/ag_08cclass_panoramicroof.jpg

Was the car equipped with a panoramic roof? MB paints the rest of the roof black to match but most of it is glass. Not that people haven't painted the non panoramic roof cars to look that way but for the most part that roof is all glass.

I'd do the wrap so when it gets old it's easy to un-do.

Good point Andy! You know, I saw a sunroof, but am not sure if it was a single or some type of Pano. roof. I just thought it looked really sharp on the the Pearl White and thought it would in turn look good on the MS3.

I do like the idea of a wrap for the sake of being able to remove it anytime. I called Lizard ?? and they will do it for $325 complete with a 5yr no question warranty through them. He said if it's garaged, as my car is, it will likely last for double that period. He said the only thing is that after 5yrs, it can be removed, but they would likely need solvents to get off any residual glue.

No big deal he said, but it won't likely just peal off as it would in the next 3-5 years. The manufacturer warrants against any damage when removing it if within 5 years. I'm good with all that.

I'm likely going to put this in the project bucket along with the wheels for yet this summer.

No Carbon wrap love? It is only $235 installed.

I'd have to see it. Honestly, I'm not a CF fan. Not unless it's on a supercar. Even then, I think it needs painted. :o

Black roof = roasting hot interior during the summer.

Meh...I have pretty dark tint all around and always vent the windows.

A black roof needs supporting visual mods to be pulled off correctly.

A stock car (even with ms6 wheels) with a black roof will not look good Kim. A good drop and quality aftermarket wheel is needed to support the roof.

A black roof needs supporting visual mods to be pulled off correctly.

A stock car (even with ms6 wheels) with a black roof will not look good Kim. A good drop and quality aftermarket wheel is needed to support the roof.

Interesting and quality feedback. Here she is as of today.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/110434931/original.jpg

Nothing but some minor cosmetics; tint and lids. Not enough to support the roof? Do want more on that subject. Keep it coming. The plan this summer is to do something with the wheels such as a darker color or different look altogether.

Buy something to make it go faster.

I'm not going to do much with her in terms of performance. She was my daily but now is a more-fun casually driven car vs the company limo I daily. When I think go-faster I'm thinking sell MS3 and buy a CTS-V or Vette. Haven't decided for sure and honestly am not ready to pull the trigger yet.

Edited by TTQ B4U