93 F-150 No reverse after driving.

IVRINGS

Well the truck is a 93 F-150 5.0 that has a rebuilt motor in it, but now at 244,000 miles it only has reverse in the mornings after it has been sitting. So I can leave for work and get to places I need to while my Audi is getting finished up, but how much would I be looking at for a trans to replace this one from a yard. Otherwise how much does a truck trans cost to rebuild. Doesn't seem like it would take much to pull the trans, but don't really have a way to get trans to a place once pulled. Any ideas or know of a cheap trans that works. If I can get better highway gear with a newer trans that will bolt up with no other problems I would be game.

I would never do a tranny flush and filter on something with that high of milage.

I know I didnt answer you questions, but when I had my tranny rebuilt in my truck (7.5l)

it cost 2200

Yeah I wouldn't of done it either, but it has been fine for 6-7 months since I had it, but it is just getting to that time to replace I feel. Since the truck was $450 when I got it I just want it to last a bit longer while I finish up my swap that I've been putting off since work and home stuff have been crazy. Anyone know of a place to get a cheap replacement?

Marshalls Auto Parts, Inc. has this PERFECT AOD TRANS W/WARRANTY $249.95 w/ 125,000 Miles

It listed these, but I don't know what trans it has in it. Is there a place I can check the vin to see what it has or do I just need to get under the truck when I get home.

AOD (5.0L)

E4OD, 8-302 (5.0L)

Marshalls Auto Parts, Inc. has this PERFECT AOD TRANS W/WARRANTY $249.95 w/ 125,000 Miles

It listed these, but I don't know what trans it has in it. Is there a place I can check the vin to see what it has or do I just need to get under the truck when I get home.

AOD (5.0L)

E4OD, 8-302 (5.0L)

how does the shift indicator read (RND321 ) or ? does the shifter have a electric button on the end of it?

if you go to marshall's for that trans get there before they open and plan to wait its first come first serve and they don't pull the part till you come and ask for it with money in your hand.
That is crap. Do you have anything up here since the only thing I have to go get the trans doesn't have rev and don't really want to drive that far.

DO NOT BUY FROM MARSHALLS!!! I got fucked by them twice last summer/fall on motors and a friend did too, they are a bunch of white trash inbreds with the brains of a field rat.

This. I bought an engine from them with their usual "$xxx.xx perfect" bullshit description. After driving for a week the oil looked like metallic paint. Pulled the bearing caps and every bearing was trashed. Fuck those hillbillies.