Hot Lapping Mid-Ohio

racerx78

yea i did have a CSRT4. I got rid of it last fall for something more family friendly since i had the MS3.

Ahhhh I knew it. This is Mike I met you at that gumball 330. I have the black srt4 caliber.

I'm glad to see you are still shredding it up. Im getting rid of my caliber also. Gonna drive around in a jeep until I can get something nice and rwd or awd.

I'll see ya around.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhh I knew it. This is Mike I met you at that gumball 330. I have the black srt4 caliber.

I'm glad to see you are still shredding it up. Im getting rid of my caliber also. Gonna drive around in a jeep until I can get something nice and rwd or awd.

I'll see ya around.

I figured it was you. I keep trying to hit you up on the Cali forums before i left them. Good luck in your search. SeeYa

Yes it is and it is a good start to getting a comp. license. Just need to make sure to drill in the fact that no one 'wins' a HPDE/PDX. There are only losers at these events. The loser is the person who crashes their car by driving over their (or their cars) ability. These events are educational/fun ONLY. You shouldn't be timing yourself at these events - just working on being smooth and learning to drive. Speed comes on its own when you 'get it'.

Glad you had a good time and hopefullly you stick with it to get your comp. license. This is the #1 best way to spend money I've ever found! :)

My second day there i slowed myself down so i could concentrate on my lines and entry speeds since i wanted to level up, and still had a blast. I'll probably be in HPDE 2 for a while theres a lot more you should learn before you move to 3, like driving the wet line and spin recovery/avoidance. I'll need to get a dedicated ride for the track eventually.

I was working in tech all weekend (Friday, Saturday, SUnday)

helped a guy replace a clutch on his ITR saturday night...i was halfway twisted by the time the trans came out

208600_517112769990_28900018_30536226_2642597_n.jpg

I went for a few ridelaongs on Sunday

I was gonna do a hyperdrive but I opted not to since my pads (Axxis Ultimates) would have crumbled up (didn t bring my track pads)

I probably tech'd your car (can t see pics now...blocked at work):)

my buddy's 911 and my car working tech with me (he races GTS2 in a 944)

217166_517100270040_28900018_30535875_3855909_n.jpg

this white ITR took me for a spin and spun out at T11

215257_517120274950_28900018_30536324_5010374_n.jpg

video of the white ITR spinning...jump to 2:40...shot by a Mazda Miata

Edited by das borgen

I was working in tech all weekend (Friday, Saturday, SUnday)

helped a guy replace a clutch on his ITR saturday night...i was halfway twisted by the time the trans came out

208600_517112769990_28900018_30536226_2642597_n.jpg

I went for a few ridelaongs on Sunday

I was gonna do a hyperdrive but I opted not to since my pads (Axxis Ultimates) would have crumbled up (didn t bring my track pads)

I probably tech'd your car (can t see pics now...blocked at work):)

my buddy's 911 and my car working tech with me (he races GTS2 in a 944)

217166_517100270040_28900018_30535875_3855909_n.jpg

this white ITR took me for a spin and spun out at T11

215257_517120274950_28900018_30536324_5010374_n.jpg

video of the white ITR spinning...jump to 2:40...shot by a Mazda Miata

I remember seeing that ITR. There were several people that went off last weekend.

I remember seeing that ITR. There were several people that went off last weekend.

no kidding....Dave (silver '06 mustang in Time Trials) crashed in Thunder Valley on Friday..... and he drove the car here from CHicago....he found a way home.........very nice guy and super good driver too...He instructed me at Putnam last year

Getting held up in the corners by slow drivers with fast cars can be aggravating. Worse than that is qualifying first in your class and having to grid behind a swarm of Spec Miatas in the race and work your way through them.

I haven't uploaded any of my videos yet but I make an appearance in the rear view mirror of this Miata around 4:50 in this one and drive away from there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQLrqmFEGTw&feature=related

Going three wide into turn one because awesomeness allows such things.

E36 m3? What year? I can only imagine how fun my dad's '95 would be on that part of the track.

in my favorite sequence of corners

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss160/das_borgen/Arctic%20Silver%20E36%20M3/m3-6.jpg

diving into Thunder Valley

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss160/das_borgen/Arctic%20Silver%20E36%20M3/m3-3.jpg

What do these events cost to go? I really want to take my car there this summer some time when its done.

depending on the club that is running the event, anywhere between 300 to 405 bucks at mid ohio for 2 days

http://www.midohio.com/Track-Rental/Weekend-Club-Event-Schedule

some places are cheaper.....but MO is actually a very nice facility (SCCA calibrated scales, nice paddock, decent garages, great track surface, etc)

To the OP: Glad you liked it. I love Mid Ohio and NASA. I don't have funds currently to go this year. I have been there probbly 12 times in the past 4 years. Matt and Rich are great resources for that place.

You ran out of brakes? Not good. You should have bleed your brakes while you were there at the track. They sell ATS Blue Fluid for $17 a quart. You can change it all out in under 30 min and the wet boil point is around 420 degrees. Also get some decent high performance pads. The Hawk guy is usually there and he can help hook you up with pads.

I started in HPDE 1 4 years back. Last year I moved up to 3 and a world of difference. You learn so much more in 3 then 1 or 2 BUT the chance for something to go wrong also goes up.

I have Geico and they cover crashes at the track. I have not found another insurance company that does.

Here I am going into the turn before Thunder Valley with my GoPro camera on the car:

http://www.adamdaley.com/max/mr2/MidOhio/smaxturn10bb.jpg

I haven't uploaded any of my videos yet but I make an appearance in the rear view mirror of this Miata around 4:50 in this one and drive away from there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQLrqmFEGTw&feature=related

Going three wide into turn one because awesomeness allows such things.

NICE!... I see the yellow miata at the beginning is Kyle Webb's car....he sold his old green NA for that yellow NB.....quite the funny character he is :D

To the OP: Glad you liked it. I love Mid Ohio and NASA. I don't have funds currently to go this year. I have been there probbly 12 times in the past 4 years. Matt and Rich are great resources for that place.

You ran out of brakes? Not good. You should have bleed your brakes while you were there at the track. They sell ATS Blue Fluid for $17 a quart. You can change it all out in under 30 min and the wet boil point is around 420 degrees. Also get some decent high performance pads. The Hawk guy is usually there and he can help hook you up with pads.

I started in HPDE 1 4 years back. Last year I moved up to 3 and a world of difference. You learn so much more in 3 then 1 or 2 BUT the chance for something to go wrong also goes up.

I have Geico and they cover crashes at the track. I have not found another insurance company that does.

Here I am going into the turn before Thunder Valley with my GoPro camera on the car:

Thank you, I'm trying to see how much a budget to getting to the track this year. I'd like to go a few more times this year. I'll more than likely stay in HPDE 2 so i can get more seat time. I'd like a to have a dedicated track car before i moved to 3 and beyond. My pads were fine it was just the fluid that had air in the lines. I had just swaped it out with a wilwood high temp fluid and had missed getting some of the air out. I fixed that already so next time i should be good. I'm currently running HPS hawk pads but i'm probably going to get HP+ for next time.