MORPCA AutoX May 1st

Tripleskate

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i m guessing you didn t see the red miata that turned an 82 second lap (he was on hankook ventus Z214, C71 compound...read: very soft tires)

it s not about power...it s about tires and suspension

btw: your MK4 looks sweet :)

PICS (shot by my buddy...she was the one and her husband driving the GT3)

https://picasaweb.google.com/Simi.Ritch/May12011PorscheMercedesClubAutoX#

No I saw that one hah. I just liked the other one for some reason. And I understand the power doesn't mean much. My dads car is at 420hp at the crank and he only got an 87. Thanks for the compliment btw! I take a lot of pride in that car lol. What were you driving?

No I saw that one hah. I just liked the other one for some reason. And I understand the power doesn't mean much. My dads car is at 420hp at the crank and he only got an 87. Thanks for the compliment btw! I take a lot of pride in that car lol. What were you driving?

solomayone%20716.jpg

Not gonna lie, This turbo miata stole the show for me. Looks like a lot of time went into this car. I'm thinking this is the same guy.

Yep, I was driving the turbo Miata. I must confess I have not put as much time into the car as the previous owner, but I bought it unfinished with less than 5,000 miles on the turbo install and tune so I have had to fix and finish some things on it. I'm hoping to put my new suspension on soon as well as some other little things. I was expecting a wash out, so I left my hardtop and street tires on which proved to be better than I thought they were, but still no where near my normal autocross tires.

The red Miata driver is an amazing driver, he can usually run circles around cars classes ahead of him. He was taking the hard right hand turn before the cross over to the other side of the parking lot much faster than any other car out there.

Imolaveedub - I was really surprised how neutral that MK4 was, I've never seen one driven so well and without any understeer.

Das Borgen - Thanks for the pictures!

Yep, I was driving the turbo Miata. I must confess I have not put as much time into the car as the previous owner, but I bought it unfinished with less than 5,000 miles on the turbo install and tune so I have had to fix and finish some things on it. I'm hoping to put my new suspension on soon as well as some other little things. I was expecting a wash out, so I left my hardtop and street tires on which proved to be better than I thought they were, but still no where near my normal autocross tires.

The red Miata driver is an amazing driver, he can usually run circles around cars classes ahead of him. He was taking the hard right hand turn before the cross over to the other side of the parking lot much faster than any other car out there.

Imolaveedub - I was really surprised how neutral that MK4 was, I've never seen one driven so well and without any understeer.

Das Borgen - Thanks for the pictures!

Thanks man, I try my best haha. And yes the red miata was ridiculous haha.

P.S. Look me up on Facebook for some pictures. It's Connor Henderson. In pickerington