question to homeowners?

gaewsky1

Where do you put your trash cans? I have a two car garage and they are currently in the garage with a bunch of kids stuff (tricycles, bikes, strollers etc).

I just got a shed and most of the kids stuff will be in the shed. So now I can park two cars in the garage.

I was thinking a building a small trash can shed/ container on the side of my house to keep the cans in.

Just wondering what others are doing? (two cars and trash cans won't work in the garage due to an extra fridge and deep freezer)

Too stinky!

I don't have any problem with the smell....i have a friend who leaves it right outside the garage on the side of the house.....only problem is not getting to it that easily in the winter time.....Look at HD or Lowes for skinnier trash cans

I use the big green one that the city gave me. After baby shit diapers, food...Summer heat...no way I can leave that in the garage. I think I am going to make a pavers section just around the corner of house for it to sit.

I have both of mine in the garage right inside the door against the wall. I pull forward enough to where I can fully open my door no problem and there's still plenty of room to walk around them and whatnot. No stank here, maybe it helps that it's just me and my wife, no little shit/puke factories in the house yet. lol

At my parents house they would just sit on the side of the garage near the overhead door.

They'd only stink if there was like chicken in them or something like that, but with good lids it kept it all in just fine....

Id assume raccoons would mess them all up if just sat outside a house.

In my garage.

How big are your trashcans/how small is you garage? Just wondering why this is an issue.

It may not be an issue. Just trying to look at options. It is a normal size two car garage and the trash cans are pretty large. I have tools and stuff too that take up space. Trying to fit a newer Accord and minivan in the garage with the rest of the stuff is a tight fit.

I think I am going to make a pavers section just around the corner of house for it to sit.

Thats what I'm thinking and then putting a frame around them with some sort of lattice to block the view from the street. Although they would blocked by a large shrub.

mine is right infront of my garage door, between the cars. we dont park in the garage, and you cant get into my house from the garage...its connected, but the garage is infront of the split, so you have to go out the side garage door and the front door is right there.

i dont keep it in the garage because then i'd have to go into the garage to drop it off...the way ive got it now, i just drop the trash in when i leave to go somewhere

I catch hell for my opinion on the matter, but I don't believe, unless you like to decorate your home / yard with them, it's polite to the neighbors to leave it out front in plane view. Looks trashy if you ask me. Thankfully the Dublin area is strict about that. Every neighborhood is different though.

I vote build a hide-away on the side of your home or fit it in the garage. IMO, prolly time to clean out the garage or shed. Many of our neighbors who debated the Dublin law need to clear their fucking garages out anyway.

Is it really that hard to put the can in the garage, back yard, or somewhere else out of view? Who the hell wants to stare at your garbage?

Dublin & Powell people care. Good for the two of us. There's a reason we chose the area we are in. I'm assuming you and the wife feel the same.

Is it really that hard to put the can in the garage, back yard, or somewhere else out of view? Who the hell wants to stare at your garbage?

its a green bin and it has a lid. its not like theres heaps of garbage bags everywhere...not everyone lives in a neighborhood like yours and complains about minor shit like a garbage bin being in sight. i dont think any of my neighbors have theirs where i cant see them. i'll check tomorrow when they're all in from the street since today was trash day