Looking for a change in careers

John Bruh

I've been in car sales/management/finance for 6 years now and hate the hours that I have to put into this line of work. I'm wanting to try to find something in sales just not automotive.

I will make a better post once I sit down and write a resume and decide which line of work I want to go into. Right now this is just a feeler to start.

Maybe like outside roofing sales (chasing hail), as well as auto body claims.

How's your driving record? My company is expanding our Bulk Services route here in Columbus. Vac Truck, and Used Oil pick up.

unless the pay is exceptional probably not something I'm remotely intrested in.

EDIT: Is this in sales getting new customers or driving an actual pick up truck.

You'd be driving a tanker, some sales, depending on how hungry you are 45-55k. Plus bonuses. But it is a true "Dirty Job".

if I'm going to take a pay cut I'm definlty not taking a "dirty job" as I am still currently employed, only looking to better myself. I'm not in any way or shape worried about my position here.

You're in retail now. Next stepping stone would to take your transferable skills and apply them towards and B2B type job where you're interfacing with decision makers. I would avoid roofing sales or the like if possible as you're still retail customer facing. Might have to make that move, but do so where you could grow into B2B and away from the retail side. Money is way better.

Next I would look to move from commodity or products to solutions of some type. From there, either Management or Manufacturer rep, etc......Medical or orthopedic is still a hot market. I moved from Software Solutions after about 15 years to where I'm at now and my income only dropped from it's peak for the first 2-3 years. It's back to the highpoint again and the market is kicking ass.

You might even want to look at working from Inside Sales to Outside sales in this next move. You're going to have to work your way up the ladder in terms of the market. Today it's a much different market than just 5-10 years ago. You can be good in sales but solutions count more now and companies are looking for and can rightfully do so, look for someone who has experience in their industry. Just harder to weed through those that are good vs not is all.

Example of Inside Sales in my world:

When in Technology/Software: Till holds true today, just not as many are (peaking) as once were. Back in the early 2000's our team of 12 had 8 of us making over $150k. Not so today. Perhaps just 2-3 would be doing that.

Inside Sales $32-75k ($90k)

Outside Sales $55-120k ($150-175k)

Middle Management $75-$150k

Executive Management $110-$180k

Medical Devices"

Inside Sales $40-85k ($85-95k)

Outside Sales $65-130k ($120-175k)

Middle Management $85-$140k+

Executive Management $110-$200k+

• 2 weeks later...

Call me if lawn care sales sounds interesting. Im with a smaller company and we work a little different than Scotts/Trugreen. Im not sure what kind of pay you were making as a car salesman, but if you put in the effort you can easily gross $1k a week working with me. Plus only work part time hours!

Sean

614-446-8793.

You can call anytime this evening. I will be in the office till about 9:30pm.

Call me if lawn care sales sounds interesting. Im with a smaller company and we work a little different than Scotts/Trugreen. Im not sure what kind of pay you were making as a car salesman, but if you put in the effort you can easily gross $1k a week working with me. Plus only work part time hours!

Sean

614-446-8793.

You can call anytime this evening. I will be in the office till about 9:30pm.

I'll keep it in mind.

You might be looking for more than I could offer right now. Although if your a good salesman this job should be a cake walk. You would just be a salesman though. We only hire within so if your expecting more then I can't help you.

You might be looking for more than I could offer right now. Although if your a good salesman this job should be a cake walk. You would just be a salesman though. We only hire within so if your expecting more then I can't help you.

just curious what are your hours?

BUT grossing $1k a week should be easy given your sales experience. Then we also offer you a cell phone check or company phone, reimbursement for gas on all sales made and much more. Plus we are not a large corporation, so the small local feeling makes you feel wanted as an employee.

BUT grossing $1k a week should be easy given your sales experience. Then we also offer you a cell phone check or company phone, reimbursement for gas on all sales made and much more. Plus we are not a large corporation, so the small local feeling makes you feel wanted as an employee.

what's your highest paid salesman make a year, what's your typical marketing area?

Hours are Mon-Fri 4-9pm and Sat 10am till whenever. Which is usually until you hit your goal for the day/week. I did auto sales before coming her and barely knew anything about lawn care. I picked on quick and my first week within 4 days I made about $600. Then every week after that I grossed at LEAST $810 a week. Im a little better off now due to being in management, but that goes to show how easy the work is. We are also a newer company that is in its growing stages. So I promise that if you can come in here and hit good numbers this company will take care of you.

Our highest paid salesman are in management as well so they get a hefty base, commision, override on all sales made in the room, company cc for gas, work materials, etc and other perks. As just a salesman off commision only I was in the top 3 for the company. I grossed $998 a week often and never dropped below $810. If you call me I can explain things better.

Marketing area is residential. Door knocking is in season now so it is all about contacts and creating a need for the cnsumer. Unlike car sales you will be pursuing them to make sales. It takes some getting used to, but once you get your feet wet you will be golden.

If I'm knocking doors, I'm going to chase hail and make better money.

Chasing hail is good money. I did it with my dads company. It just wasn't consistent and being under cut by competitors was bad. With lawn care being under cut isn't so bad since the product sells itself. The price for service is also so cheap that you should have no problem selling.