is/has CR ever been for sale?

AWW$HEEET

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, you think you know.

Ben has it wrong. There is very little revenue generated on CR, and not everything is the same across the board. CR has costs as well. Hell, we lost almost $1000 on the car show last year.

Back in the day it was an old school server with no RAID. Disk died. The same server also hosted COFBA and a few other things. I saved CR and COFBA. I also donated the new server which CR ran on for a few years until the move to Chris's work. Anthony bought a couple disks, and we did a software RAID1 which worked great.

As for revenue, count the sponsors and multiply by $150/yr. That's the revenue. There are no costs associated to CR. Chris's work hosts it. The software costs money, but I don't think the license has been renewed in a while (hence being around 2+ years behind in updates).

It was an investment firm that wanted CR based on a number of factors. Haters gonna hate, but whatever you wanna believe.

Some people are jealous, others are useless, most are both. I don't charge members for "perks" or memberships like other boards, so enjoy your free stay.

Oh, and Gabe, back off.

U mad? I'm trying to value the site.

CR would be a whole hell of a lot different it if was about dollars. Look at DSM Tuners, or a few of the Audi sites, or Bimmerfest for that matter. Not having to sift through 50 advertisements through a thread is nice.

Bimmerforums. And that site is legitimately a site I would blow my life savings on. That site is the ls1tech of bmws. Kevlar is set for life. They won't even consider me as a sponsor, not even a response.

I understand that and am not knocking your decision even though I don't understand it. Everyone makes their own choices and it is what it is, I'm just saying that could've been a helluva nice addition to retirement savings.

U mad? I'm trying to value the site.

Bimmerforums. And that site is legitimately a site I would blow my life savings on. That site is the ls1tech of bmws. Kevlar is set for life. They won't even consider me as a sponsor, not even a response.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the tech stuff. Lord knows I need it, but it's annoying. The only other forum I'd ever consider giving money to is Vortex, but I've been on there nearly ten years. Once you sift through all the BS and snobs you see what it really is.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the tech stuff. Lord knows I need it, but it's annoying. The only other forum I'd ever consider giving money to is Vortex, but I've been on there nearly ten years. Once you sift through all the BS and snobs you see what it really is.

Bf.c is the only place one will find solid bimmer advice. Period. There are no manuals, kelly bmw gives bad advice, and rip off prices on parts, etc, etc.

U mad? I'm trying to value the site

who the fuck are you to be " value"ing the site?

Maybe we should be seeing what your worth to members here, I'm guessing right now, nothing.

Seriously, it's really none of your fucking business how much they bring in monetarily here. They maintain a relatively nice environment with lots of events,and other perks to you and everyone else, here at NO CHARGE to the membership, not to mention put up with little annoying bitches like you.

Maybe we should be seeing what your worth to members here, I'm guessing right now, nothing.

Seriously, it's really none of your fucking business how much they bring in monetarily here. They maintain a relatively nice environment with lots of events,and other perks to you and everyone else, here at NO CHARGE to the membership, not to mention put up with little annoying bitches like you.

Ill take my beating from a woman like you.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8463/1284414985021.gif

If one were to sell their website for a significant amount of money, what would stop them from just making a new one? Could you sell this and start a similar website called columbusmotorsports.com? If this were to happen, I'm sure 90% of the members would jump to the new site anyway

I have to say that this site has gone way done since we have all these little bitches running around making it more and more annoying when you log on. Posting on every thread! Giving there shitty little .02 cents about everything!

.02 cents, as in, 1/5000th of a dollar?

/myshittylittle.02cents