Need a new prop

KennyFKINPowerz

So I obviously didnt have it trimmed up high enough when I was loading it back on the trailer at buckeye lake a couple of weeks ago and slightly rolled over the edges on all 3 blades. So I was gonna have shockwave order me one this week but wanted to see if anyone had any. Its for a 4.3 Merc Alpha drive. I would like something that would bring my top end RPM's down a little but I dont wanna lose any MPH. Right now it runs at about 5400 at about 38-40 MPH with it trimmed all the way down. If nobody has one then any suggestions on what to get would be helpful as well.

Right now it runs at about 5400 at about 38-40 MPH with it trimmed all the way down. If nobody has one then any suggestions on what to get would be helpful as well.

Ummm, you do know you START with the trim down then trim up...right?

Have you ever had a boat before? Or used one....regularly? Not a big deal if you haven't, but let us know and we can help you. These types of mistakes can add up.

Anyway, what size prop is on it now? Without trimming properly, it is hard to know what your rpm and speed actually is while under way...

We can start with these questions, then help you from there.

Have you ever had a boat before? Or used one....regularly? Not a big deal if you haven't, but let us know and we can help you. These types of mistakes can add up.

Anyway, what size prop is on it now? Without trimming properly, it is hard to know what your rpm and speed actually is while under way...

My parents had a boat they we spent every weekend on for several years but thats been about 25 years ago so yep I would say this is my first. Well I am pretty sure I am past all the rookie mistakes now. Several hundred dollars poorer and I'm pretty sure I have found most of them.

My parents had a boat they we spent every weekend on for several years but thats been about 25 years ago so yep I would say this is my first. Well I am pretty sure I am past all the rookie mistakes now. Several hundred dollars poorer and I'm pretty sure I have found most of them.

Drain Plug.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for typing all that...

Dude if your trimmed down your just digging the water.