Help me pick a hamburger

Mr. Jones

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+ for thurmans

but then again, thats the only burger place i have eaten at in cbus.

'thread jack'

btw, anyone have any good tips on grilling up a badass burger? i want to grill restaurant quality burgers at home but have no success. any inputs?

Thinner patties, add Worcestershire sauce, coat the shit out of it in salt, If you have a 4 burner grill, turn the 2 outside bruners on medium-medium high and the middle burners on low and cook over the middle burners.

'thread jack'

btw, anyone have any good tips on grilling up a badass burger? i want to grill restaurant quality burgers at home but have no success. any inputs?

Key is freshly ground meat. Seriously, go to a quality butcher and have them grind you up some 80% lean stuff. Don't get too lean of a cut or it will not be juicy on the grill. Fresh ground is the best shit.

Cook up some bacon but don't overcook it. Chop it up, add freshly chopped onion or onion soup mix, shredded cheese, ketchup if you like it slightly sweet and salt/pepper to taste. Sometimes I'll substitute Mesquit flavoring or steak sauce.

My kids eat these up, thus I add in the onion soup mix more often than real onions as they tend to reject anything they can see :o

Add a couple nice slices of tomato, cheese slices and enjoy!

Thanks for making me hungry!

wow...i didnt mean to start a shit storm with that post, but i can't say im not laughing at all of this. lol

i wish i could +rep myself. :gabe::lolguy:

Hey, got a yard trimmer I bought on here for $100. I'll sell it to ya for $250.

:gabe:

• Downvote 1

I have had burgers from all the supposed "top" burger joints in the country In'n'Out, Thurman, Five Guys, Culvers ect., and I have to say that hands down the best burger I have ever had came from this place.

http://heavytable.com/sugar-shack-in-deadwood-south-dakota/

If you EVER find yourself out that way to see Mt. Rushmore, Sturgis, Black Hills, or are even just passing through on your way to Yellowstone this place is worth the stop you will not be disappointed. Just my .02

Jones is so awesome he makes great threads by accident!

P.S. once a year I go to Red Robin. Its not the best burger but I add egg, bacon, onion rings, fries, fried mozzeralla, lettuce, tomato, and bbq sauce. I can only handle it once a year because I feel like a big fatty for a week after eating it.