What happened to ???

Twistedrx7

Yeah, he's still local, but much of his work has him out of town, going to clients' locations. He's also working with another high end auto business in Ohio, although I don't remember the name of the other company.

Here's Todd's info: http://www.esotericdetail.com/

Other than him saying our demographic (CR) can't afford his services, he's a swell guy.

It's not that CR can't afford him, he can't afford to give up the clientele he services for anything less. Todd's a great guy a fellow photog and someone who has carved out a niche for himself.

It's not that CR can't afford him, he can't afford to give up the clientele he services for anything less. Todd's a great guy a fellow photog and someone who has carved out a niche for himself.

If you take a photo, post it in a CR thread, and it has no markings (like your name, copyright, etc)... can I legally copy it and use it?

If you posted a pic like mentioned above, then I quoted your post, can you legally demand I delete the picture? Can you demand I delete all threads featuring pictures you snapped and posted yourself in public?

If you take a photo, post it in a CR thread, and it has no markings (like your name, copyright, etc)... can I legally copy it and use it?

If you posted a pic like mentioned above, then I quoted your post, can you legally demand I delete the picture? Can you demand I delete all threads featuring pictures you snapped and posted yourself in public?

No, you can not legally use an image you didn't take. Photographs are protected by copyright law the moment they are taken. No watermarks or protective markings needed. If the owner proves you are using the image without providing permission, he's in the right and you are not. There's more to it, but that covers the basic question.

In terms of using my photos that I willingly post here on CR, again, the intent was not to transfer fair use nor does posting them do so. You are still not allowed to use them as your own. Bottom line is the images are still property of the person who took them.

It would be a long shot to enforce a Copyright on a private message board where the use of said image isn't to drive revenue. Worst case, the owner could send a cease and desist letter to the person using said image(s) but there's no financial gain to recoup a loss from so it would be a case of spending good money to yield no return.

Case in point, you don't own your avatar image, but I highly doubt anyone associated with that image or the person is going to come after you.

You have PM.