I need a 94 lt1 data logged!!

99ta

Anyone help me out with this. It has a hesitation and miss to it. and yes he has replaced the opti. he just donsen't want to put more money into it when the data log may tell us something.

Eric

Good luck with data logging that, you might find someone with an older scan tool so you can see live data. Will it miss just idling, or with it sitting still in gear? You may be able to unplug injectors or plug wires one at a time and narrow it down to a cylinder, or figure out if its a whole engine type problem and get started in the right direction.

new plugs, wires, the whole opti system, new inj. and it is missing almost all the time. and no he didn't buy the msd, he bought an oem replacement from jegs....

My first post is still relevent, you could still narrow it down, or run compression. Just cause all that shit is new doesn't mean you shoudln't start back at square one.

Nope. The coil is mounted on a bracket along with the control module on the front of the driver's side of the engine block. The LT1 coil is known for failure and causing the symptoms you'd described. My LT1 went through three of them.

coil isn't part of the opti. if he didn't replace it check around the base of the plug wire. you can also check the connector for the coil, sometimes the wire breaks inside the coating and can cause a mis.

I have a laptop and ALDL cable too. Freescan works okay to watch the sensor outputs from the motor. If you want to bring it to my place in Hilliard we can scan it, otherwise we'd have to figure out when I could get down there.

Coil is an easy swap and not very expensive. The aftermarket Optis don't have a very good reputation, Jegs or others.

I have a laptop and ALDL cable too. Freescan works okay to watch the sensor outputs from the motor. If you want to bring it to my place in Hilliard we can scan it, otherwise we'd have to figure out when I could get down there.

Coil is an easy swap and not very expensive. The aftermarket Optis don't have a very good reputation, Jegs or others.

sent you a pm.

he has replaced the coil.

thanks for the help rick.

so it threw 4 codes. code 41, 42, 64, and 51. all theses codes came up after it died. he said if it sits while running it will eventually die. will not die while driving it tho.....