'11 Mustang GT a tthe Track...

LeonbergerG

My 2001 GT went 13.3 with a intake... So I dont see 13.1 out of a Mach 1 being so hard. or even a 13 flat out of the 2001 Cobras, which made more power than the Mach 1.

But then again I have Heard of 800hp Cobras only going 12.6o's :gabe:

you're seriously going to claim a 13.1 et with just a (cold air) intake and nothing else?? you DO realize just how miserably slow every single other 2001GT is, even with boltons???

you must have had a factory freak or somethin then. Back when i started racing a trails, there were a couple guys that had that style stang, some stock and some with bolt ons. The fastest one i remember had intake, full exaust, tune and drag radials running 13.5. Only one of them still runs out there and he has a cai, intake mani, exaust, 4.10 gears, drag radials, and tune in a 5 speed car running not much faster than me..

We used to say it was a Factory Freak at 13.3, but when I went Intake, Header, O/R xpipe, dumps, Tune, full suspension, 4:10 with a Eaton LSD 31 Spline Axles on a decent Radial I only went a 13.0

When I sprayed it, I went 12.88 so I am not saying they are fast, just not a 14 second car. But I only have Driven 1 so thats all I am basing my experience off of.

you're seriously going to claim a 13.1 et with just a (cold air) intake and nothing else?? you DO realize just how miserably slow every single other 2001GT is, even with boltons???

I am Claiming a 13.3 with a intake...

Edited by Rhett

My 2001 GT went 13.3 with a intake... So I dont see 13.1 out of a Mach 1 being so hard. or even a 13 flat out of the 2001 Cobras, which made more power than the Mach 1.

But then again I have Heard of 800hp Cobras only going 12.6o's :gabe:

I'd bet you broke some kind of record with that time. Is there any video of the 13.3 run with just an intake?

I know someone with an 01 GT with intake, full exhaust, and drag radials and this motherfucker bangs through some gears and the best he could get out of it was a 13.6.

Some non-driving ass people....

I don't think many stock fbody's can run that.

and didn't ford already do this back in 2003 with the mach1??

Yes they did...

No, I've never seen a bone stock Mach 1 run 13.0x's ;). That's not on tires either. It takes a hell of a driver, but I know of a few locally that have gone 13.1x's with zero mods.

I've seen a few Mach-1's go 12's stock....

+1, they are 14 second cars even with minor mods.

BS....I've personally run a friends stock 03 GT to 13.9 on a shitty day at Kil-Kare....and know several on better tracks/weather that have gone 13.6's...

Why is it so hard to believe that a 99+ GT can do 13's stock?

My car~

1998 Gt vert, 5spd... PI swapped engine, intake, o/r h pipe, 4.10's on 17'' M.T. drag radials. I have a glove box full of 13.30-13.50 time slips, with 1.9-2.0 60's. Plus, I have slips from both D42 and Norwalk to prove if anyone really wants to call me on it.

Hell, the car's suspension is finally worked out, and was cutting 1.60's in the 60' when it have the blower. I'm hoping this year with it's NA setup it'll go 12.90's. No cams, no long tubes, stock cast heads. :no:

Edited by Dammit Charlie

• 2 weeks later...