What to do with Crushed Pop Cans?

KillJoy

Several Months ago we purchased a Pop Can Crusher. Since then, all beverage cans in the house have been crushed. We now have a Tall Kitchen Bag full of crushed cans.

Is it worth taking these some place to recycle them to get $$$, or it it not worth the effort?

I am just checking before we toss them in the Recycling Dumpsters around town.

KillJoy

probably better off just saving the tabs (no not for scrap, thats a myth)

We have been doing that at work because every now and then some of the guys kids collect them for some school BS...

Last week this lady walks in and was talking about who-knows-what with another guy here and sees the large container of tabs. She inquires about them and we're just like "no idea... kind of a habit to throw them in there."

She goes on to say that she knows this little girl in the hospital (with Cancer or something like that) who can get A DOLLAR towards medical expenses for EACH one of them. Needless to say we gave them all to her.

My girlfriend had several large bags of cans that had accumulated over several parties and about 2 years. Took those bags in and some scrap alum from work and walked out with $110. Buckeye was paying $.70/pound for aluminum.

We started saving cans because why the fuck not? We go thru a decent amount and what's the difference whether you throw them in a bag meant for trash or one meant for recycling? Once I have about 5 trash bags, I take them over to the recycle center not far from the house (yes, its very convenient, so that helps) and pick up $15 for 10min of my time.