2007 vw rabbit 2.5 wont start help

sprayin77

My next step would be a reset, I've had it work on a few euro cars that nothing else worked on. Ground the negative battery cable for ~15-30 minutes then try starting the car again.

My next step would be a reset, I've had it work on a few euro cars that nothing else worked on. Ground the negative battery cable for ~15-30 minutes then try starting the car again.

U sir r correct.. i reset like u said and then took it for a test drive and only 2 coil codes popped up, coil e and c, went back to the shop and erased the codes and then took it for another spin. came back scanned it and no codes at all. i still have no idea if it is fixed or not due to how weird it acted. all i can think of is it needed ran for a bit since it was cranked on so much when it wouldnt start and had to burn out some excess fuel.. very strange i will post up if the codes come back for more help. i was able to drive it home today.

Sorry for the ignorance, but what (trim/learning) will that clear that an erase by a code scanner (or simply disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15seconds) won't?

U sir r correct.. i reset like u said and then took it for a test drive and only 2 coil codes popped up, coil e and c, went back to the shop and erased the codes and then took it for another spin. came back scanned it and no codes at all. i still have no idea if it is fixed or not due to how weird it acted. all i can think of is it needed ran for a bit since it was cranked on so much when it wouldnt start and had to burn out some excess fuel.. very strange i will post up if the codes come back for more help. i was able to drive it home today.

Glad to hear it helped. Let us know what else goes on.

Sorry for the ignorance, but what (trim/learning) will that clear that an erase by a code scanner (or simply disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15seconds) won't?

I'm not sure why it is so effective on the euro cars. Basically it drains the capacitors and resets pretty much everything, erasing learned habits that a lot of newer cars have.

I've heard of disconnecting the positive and grounding it, but not this. What would grounding a cable whose other end is already grounded do?

I've heard of disconnecting the positive and grounding it, but not this. What would grounding a cable whose other end is already grounded do?

Don't know actually. I've used both methods, but an older BMW tech introduced me to the negative cable grounding on my 330i when it was having some weird issues.

Ok finally fixed.. I had a mobile mechanic come out and diagnose it friday. He checked everything i did already also put it on some computer stuff and everything checked out fine but wouldnt run. he was about to walk away but tried one last thing. He took a gator clip with a wire attached and grounded it to the motor and then hooked it to the coil ground on the harness and it fired up everytime. so all his fancy computers and testers still showed the grounds good and coils pulsing. also showed a good ground but in fact it wasnt good enough to run the car. weird. so all that needed done was the coils needed regrounded.