2007 vw rabbit 2.5 wont start help

sprayin77

I have a 07 vw rabbit 2.5 that just died while driving one day last week. i replaced the fuel pump and still no start. then started searching deeper since i dont have a scanner to pull the code. i pulled all 5 plugs then checked for spark absolutely none. so then i replaced the crank positioning sensor and cam positioning sensor and still nothing. Is there something else im missing the car only has 70k on it and there should be no timing chain issues. any help at all would be appreciated. i wouldnt think 5 coils would go bad at the same time. or maybe the ecu?

I have a 07 vw rabbit 2.5 that just died while driving one day last week. i replaced the fuel pump and still no start. then started searching deeper since i dont have a scanner to pull the code. i pulled all 5 plugs then checked for spark absolutely none. so then i replaced the crank positioning sensor and cam positioning sensor and still nothing. Is there something else im missing the car only has 70k on it and there should be no timing chain issues. any help at all would be appreciated. i wouldnt think 5 coils would go bad at the same time. or maybe the ecu?

Have the Chains been swapped out yet?

Just to be safe pull the Oil cap, and have somebody crank the motor. VW is big on V/C baffling but see if you can see the cam spinning. If it is, it may be a good time to line everything up and see if it s out of place. I would get a hold of somebody with VAG-com and see what codes are stored.

i know i need to get it scanned but would have to tow it somewhere to do that. i will be ordering a scanner tomorrow unless someone on here has one they could swing by the shop and scan it real quick. are scanner we have is out dated and wont work.

scanned it today and pulled the codes -Check-Engine-Code-P0351-P0352-P0353-P0354-P0355. this is a problem with all 5 coils. any ideas on what will need done to fix this? i highly doubt all 5 coils went bad at the same time.

scanned it today and pulled the codes -Check-Engine-Code-P0351-P0352-P0353-P0354-P0355. this is a problem with all 5 coils. any ideas on what will need done to fix this? i highly doubt all 5 coils went bad at the same time.

Oddly it could be. VW has a recall for the coils on 2005-2007 Golfs, Jettas, and Rabbits.

Looks like u need to get a coil and see if there is more than one bad. Replace each coil with new one and see if it fixes it. If not more coils might me needed.

I'm not a VW guy but that would be my first step. If you're getting all those codes, chances are really good the coils are bad. How? I don't know.

Break out a Bentley manual (or something better than Haynes and Chiltons) if you have one and check the Ohms readings off the primary and secondary side of one just to make sure it's within spec. Have you checked the harness for breaks or chaffing?

not really it is very highly unlikely all 5 went bad at the same time. coils dont go out like that they go in pairs or just 1 but 5?? plus the car didnt run rough it just quit running and wouldnt start back up at all.

You must not have been a tech, things like this have happened many times. Is it common, no, but it happens. Start by diaging the coils, then move on from there if they are good.

You must not have been a tech, things like this have happened many times. Is it common, no, but it happens. Start by diaging the coils, then move on from there if they are good.

agreed. I have read countless times on VW/Audi cars where the majority of the coils will go at once.

Ok update.. I changed all 5 coils today and the car still throws the same codes??? It does atleast start up and run now but very badly. I checked all the wires from the ecm harness all the way to the coils looking and continuity, grounds also. everything tested out fine. Any other suggestions???