which gym to go to?

evan9381

i recently let my YMCA membership expire. i liked it there for the last few years, but due to my age, my membership would have almost doubled. i paid for it in full last year the month before i turned 25 to get the lower rate for the year...turning 26 this month, i couldnt avoid it again, and going from $325/yr to $525/yr pisses me off.

but i need to get back into a gym. i'd like to find a decent sized gym with ample equipment...thought about urban active since there is one ~2 miles from my work, and another 3 miles from my house, but can't find any membership rates on their website. thought about lifetime, but IIRC, its stupid expensive...what other ones should i look at around the easton (home) or polaris (work) area?

something thats open a little later would be good, as i dont get off work until 8pm during the week. a gym with a few locations would be nice. something on the cheaper side would be good too...im on a bit more of a budget now that i kicked my ex out, and in turn ended up taking on all the bills she used to cover. :lolguy:

Metro Fitness is where I go.

i can get a free membership from my work through there, but i swore the closest one they said was in worthington...is there one near eason/polaris i may have not heard about?

We have a membership at Urban Active. I walked in and said "I want to pay $14.99/mo with childcare included". They said no, so I said ok and got up. They said "well if you pay up front we will do it".

If you remember it is your money, they will bend to whatever you need.

My wife and myself have had nothing but bad things come from Urban Active and their staff including extremely rude employees and threatening letters.

We have only ever had one problem, we had a contract for 18 months and at 12 months they told my wife her contract was up. She said that it will be up in November, they let her in and the manager greeter her as she was leaving to explain the mistake and that she had fixed the glitch.

We have only ever had one problem, we had a contract for 18 months and at 12 months they told my wife her contract was up. She said that it will be up in November, they let her in and the manager greeter her as she was leaving to explain the mistake and that she had fixed the glitch.

Yea our manager experience almost led me to be arrested. In all fairness, he started it :dumb:

ok...

Heres the scoop.

Metro Fitness is in hot water right now so i would stay as far away as possible.

Urban Active is not a bad company if you know who you are dealing with. I Ran the personal training dept at the grove city location for a long time. It all depends on who you deal with and at what club.

New Albany is one of the better clubs, talk to Steve or ask for christine. Tell them i refered you.

Power shack is the best gym in the columbus market, phil ( owner) is customer service driven and they deliver a very good product. ( if you can get over the selection of music.) Go to westerville ask for vernon and tell them i referred you. He works m-thurs 12-5, vernon is the district manager.He will give you my referral price, which is low as hell.

Fitness 19, i havent done anything with this company but its hard to beat $12 a month.

Overall for what the power shack offers you at the price i can get you in there for. The customer service and atmosphere, there is no better gym out there.

ok...

Heres the scoop.

Metro Fitness is in hot water right now so i would stay as far away as possible.

Urban Active is not a bad company if you know who you are dealing with. I Ran the personal training dept at the grove city location for a long time. It all depends on who you deal with and at what club.

New Albany is one of the better clubs, talk to Steve or ask for christine. Tell them i refered you.

Power shack is the best gym in the columbus market, phil ( owner) is customer service driven and they deliver a very good product. ( if you can get over the selection of music.) Go to westerville ask for vernon and tell them i referred you. He works m-thurs 12-5, vernon is the district manager.He will give you my referral price, which is low as hell.

Fitness 19, i havent done anything with this company but its hard to beat $12 a month.

Overall for what the power shack offers you at the price i can get you in there for. The customer service and atmosphere, there is no better gym out there.

NA is one of the better clubs??????

NA is the worst one in Ohio and is the main reason for all the lawsuites and Steve is behind it. He is a dick. My membership has been cancelled for 4 months and I still get a weekly call from them trying to collect money that we do not owe. Urban Active is garbage as hell.

NA is one of the better clubs??????

NA is the worst one in Ohio and is the main reason for all the lawsuites and Steve is behind it. He is a dick. My membership has been cancelled for 4 months and I still get a weekly call from them trying to collect money that we do not owe. Urban Active is garbage as hell.

Sorry you had a bad incident, actually the main person behind that clubs issues is no longer with the company.Urban actives issues do no lie so much with membership, most issues are with the personal training dept.

lol, then you havent been to hilliard or polaris.

i can get you 32.50/month, Month to month at urban active.

Guy above said he got a family for half that paying up front...lol..ill see what they wanna pitch me...if nothing better, ill get with you...i just need cheap and somewhat late access to plenty of equipment. Nothing else. lol