Nitrousbird Joe

Sam1647545489

LOL, that's a scam for sure. That's easily a 40k+ boat. I will send an e-mail to see what kind of scam they are trying to pull. :)

I do luckily have a couple leads on real boats. An 01 Supra in New York that I'm waiting for some more pics from the dealer. And I just had a local guy e-mail me about an 01 Malibu Sunsetter VLX. :)

LOL, that's a scam for sure. That's easily a 40k+ boat. I will send an e-mail to see what kind of scam they are trying to pull. :)

I do luckily have a couple leads on real boats. An 01 Supra in New York that I'm waiting for some more pics from the dealer. And I just had a local guy e-mail me about an 01 Malibu Sunsetter VLX. :)

There is this one to but I dunno how you feel about jet style boats.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/boa/2423218298.html

Cool, well icame across them and figured the first one was a scam but maybe it's a pissed off wife from a cheating husband selling all his toys as repayment.:gabe:

I appreciate the links, as I have been looking heavily. Most of the local market wants way too much for true wakeboard boats (a good 25-40% more than the surrounding states for the same shit).

If either of those had an LT or LS motor Joe would be walking around with a tiny tent in his pants all day.

Just buy one!

Very few wakeboard boats have LT1's (fairly rare option, but can be found). A few have LSx based motors, but those are either fairly new models, or ones someone really hit the option list heavily for, as they were very expensive options. 90% have fuel injected SBC's.

Test drove the 01 Malibu this evening. Boat was in good shape in general. Decent cut in one seat that needed repaired and a small slit on one sun pad, but otherwise the interior was mint. Boat needs a thorough detailing, as it looks wiped down and cared for, but not ever detailed. Hull was in great shape, everything functioned nicely.

Was equipped with an LS1, and is way more motor than that boat needs (wakeboard boats are the ultimate tow boats, NOT speed boats). We didn't fill the balast tanks or drop the Wedge, but I could tell I would over-rev the motor with the current prop WOT with the three of us on it and a full tank of fuel - that fucker got up and went hard. Ran great, no issues at all. Fairly loaded - dock lights, interior lighting, heater (awesome option), pop up cleats and nav lighting. Only real missing options were it didn't come with a factory tower (good, solid aftermarket tower that looks factory, though), and aftermarket balast. Also didn't have the hot/cold shower, and the stereo was factory base model with the changer option. Nothing but a single wakeboard rack on the tower, so that needs upgraded to speakers/lights/bimini to make me happy.

Guy was actually selling it for his boss (who was paying him to do it). He hadn't listed it for sale yet, as he replied to a WTB post I had out. He kept pushing for $22,000, but I won't go higher than 20k. If it had the base 350, I'd only offer 18k-ish, but the LS1 is a great re-sale point and not common. I told him I'd contact him with an offer tonight/tomorrow, but 20k is it. Probably no dice, but we will see.

Did you ever email the guy on the first link. It's posted on cl again.

I emailed him with no response.

I haven't made an offer on the 01 VLX yet, but probably will offer 20k tonight. The wakeboard boat market is very diffferent from the stern drive market - these are not the first boats for most buyers and sellers. They are also pretty pricey new - that VLX was 51k new. They also tend to have a better resale than other boats.

I was the high bidder on an 03 Wakesetter VLX a couple states over this evening - bid 22k but didn't hit reserve. I figured out what dealer was selling it as the auction didn't state it, and contacted them through their website, so I will see if they are willing to play.