Lettuce tawk RX-8s...

zeitgeist57

I am reminded of older N/A RX-7s where the engine runs forever...

125k+, sees 8000+ everytime I take it out. Always starts and I have seen 26mpg.

Cooling system is Meh, Mazda added an extended warranty for 100k miles for motor. Avoid automatics like the plague.

Let me drive it, for 1 hour, the way I drive my 106K mile old 4 banger. :dumb:

It wont' be rotoring no more.

:dumb::dumb::dumb::dumb::dumb:

I have put some hurting on that car. Someday when i do bring it out.

But yeah. Really really slow.

I guess I should put this into context...

It would be a replacement for my 115k+mi V6 Passat...which now spends more than 75% of it's life above 75mph going to/from every city within a 3hr radius of C'bus.

The Cobra is still in the plans to satisfy my fast.

I'll sell you my MS3. 28mpg+ on the highway and will eat the RX8 alive to the point that unless the road is tail of the dragon, it's handling benefits won't matter.

I've driven the RX8 and while I too am a fan of a distinctive look, it's performance is less than desirable. You'll be better off with a Civic Si if you are looking for reliability and performance to a lesser than awesome degree.

Drive my MS3 and then the RX8 and you'll wish you could motor swap. Mazda should have really. Off to flog the Speed on my way home. Later.

Just read an article on Winding Road comparing the RX8 the MS3 and MX5 (Freaking numbers I know). They awarded the MX5 (Miata) the win, but one of the judges loved the RX8. Most of the NA Rotaries are rock solid and have had many of them (4 NA and 4 Turbo). My favorite is still my Third Gen, but damn they are expensive to keep alive..

* As stated above the RX8 has one of the best suspensions on the market (Without going to crazy)

Enjoy the read

http://www.windingroad.com/articles/...urce=email-133

Edited by Second Gen
Dumb ass (Can't spell)