Ryan Dunn = Dead

LJ

6 drinks over 4 hours. 1 drink metabolized per hour, leaves 2 drinks in his system.

Tell me you all call the cab after 2 beers. Get the fuck real.

It's not that black and white. The absorpsion of alcohol isnt' instant. Take in one drink and your BAC won't peak for 45 minutes minimum. Your body also doesn't metabolize just one drink per hour. That metabolism rate peaks based on the capacity of the liver and once you max it out, that rate slows drastically.

Thus if you drink one cocktail at 6pm, your body will reach peak absorption at 6:45 and won't completely metabolize it for about 1hr later. If you add in 6 drinks in 4 hrs., you'll max out the metabolism rate of your body and process will slow.

He was likely behind the wheel withthe effects of 2-3 drinks still in his system. Also factor in your body doesn't recover from the impact of the intoxication as if you had nothing to drink at all and I have zero doubt dude was buzzed and tired come 3am.

Argue all you want, buzzed driving is getting behind the wheel while impaired and not a bright move. If you don't consider that a big deal, then go consume 6 drinks in 4hrs ending at 3am, drive home at a high rate of speed on a dark road and see where it gets you. Just insure you're on a road and in the car by yourself. You most certainly won't feel the same as if you went out and simply consumed 2 beers at dinner.

I guarantee your depth perception, peripheral vision and glare recovery will be impaired. If you wear glasses, that will be compounded. Add in reduced reaction time and judgement impairment, high speed and being tired....good luck with all that.

All in all sad but proof once again to all those that think "buzzed driving" or having between .04-.08 is "okay" to drive in your system with, that buzzed driving kills just the same as drunk driving. Call it whatever makes you feel better. His BAC can come back at .04 it won't change the fact that he was impaired and died as a result of it.

Edited by TTQ B4U

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 drinks over 4 hours. 1 drink metabolized per hour, leaves 2 drinks in his system.

Tell me you all call the cab after 2 beers. Get the fuck real.

so by your theory, you should be able to drink 24 beers in 24 hours, and be completely sober with absolutely no effects of alcohol in your system??

as stated at the top of this page, its not that simple

either way, he was very entertaining

rip

I have 2 theories behind the crash.

1) He was driving very fast and possibly then swerved out of the way from something (deer, debris, etc..) veered right, noticed guardrail at last sec. locked brakes up. (can't do much at 110mph)wrecked.

or

2) The wreck was one big joke put on by jackass for a new movie that could be comming out.

If you don't consider that a big deal, then go consume 6 drinks in 4hrs ending at 3am, drive home at a high rate of speed on a dark road and see where it gets you. Just insure you're on a road and in the car by yourself. You most certainly won't feel the same as if you went out and simply consumed 2 beers at dinner.

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt336/mchammama/misc_challenge_accepted_drunk.png

• Downvote 1

lmao at people who take things way to seriously. If you are going to insult me atleast leave your name.

Ryan Dunn = Dead 21st June 2011 02:55 PM You're a retard

^^ my #1 complaint about rep points. :dumb:

wouldnt happen to of been you tim?

:masturboy:

No way man. I feel I know you well enough here through posts and PM's to call you out if it was necessary. Not likely ever needed from what we've exchanged. Two, it's just a thread on CR nothing more. Lastly, I leave my name either as Tim or MS3'er or pdqgp, etc....:yuno: Have a mod check for you. They can see who did what. ;) Likely a lurker that doesn't post much.

• Upvote 1

No way man. I feel I know you well enough here through posts and PM's to call you out if it was necessary. Not likely ever needed from what we've exchanged. Two, it's just a thread on CR nothing more. Lastly, I leave my name either as Tim or MS3'er or pdqgp, etc....:yuno: Have a mod check for you. They can see who did what. ;) Likely a lurker that doesn't post much.

Haha, i know it wasnt you. Just figured i would poke a little fun. Feel free to call me out whenever. I agree we have exchanged quite a few conversations via pm and phone. I look foreward to seeing 1 of the 3 in my rep system my friend.

lmao at people who take things way to seriously. If you are going to insult me atleast leave your name.

Ryan Dunn = Dead 21st June 2011 02:55 PM You're a retard

I got this one:

Ryan Dunn = Dead 21st June 2011 01:28 PM porsh

:lolguy:

8am-11am. We've had a heck of a turnout over the past few weeks. 50/50% of folks on CR vs just finding the meet from other boards and what not. Here are some pics I've taken. Get read to envy some of the rides. http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/columbus_cars__coffee

Alot of nice cars & Pictures:thumbup:

I will for sure make it out this saturday, ill see whome all i can round up. We are pretty much done with HD and it would be nice to have something else to attend.

so by your theory, you should be able to drink 24 beers in 24 hours, and be completely sober with absolutely no effects of alcohol in your system??

If you spread it out to 1 beer an hour, each hour, you probably wouldn't feel much of anything (other than tired for being up 24 hours straight).