Need well help (dead pump?)

JaSSon

First off, house is only 6 years old.

My girlfriend's house has NO water at all right now. Pressure was very low earlier, now it's zero. Last night the well breaker blew. It's a dual 20A breaker. She reset and it popped instantly. At this moment the breaker is on and staying on. I have 220vac into and out of the controller box. I have 220vac at the well head. The pressure gauge near the controller reads dead zero. The pressure tank echoes and seems empty. So, dead pump? I can't hear anything at all from the well head. (would I? The pump is under water) This was just all out of the blue. There were no previous water issues, no power outage before she lost pressure, nothing.

Does anyone here do wells? Need help with this asap!

Yes, the pump is dead. One thing to test is the pressure switch at the pressure tank but I am guessing the pump is dead if you are getting 220 at the well head. Time for a new pump, good luck. They aren't that hard to install, you basically pull the old one up (figure it is on the end of like 100' of pipe) and put the new one on.

Was the wiring. The wiring was replaced about 2 years ago. Sounds like they just spliced in a new section of wire, so I'm pretty pissed about that. I'd have put in 110' of 8ga wire and loom. The hell with this. Do it once, do it right.