Stock motors that can handle a lot of boost.

ColdFusion

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can build a motor just fine, I choose not to because of its SHITTY OLD DESIGN. I care for my motors extremely well. So go cry and defend your 7m its still a pile of shit to me, and anybody who can afford a 1jz.

Nobody asked your opinion on the motor's design. Please reread the original post. You'll see the 7m qualifies. Your statements are shit and full of assumption. Ride that 1J bandwagon some more. Oh, and I don't deny the 1J isn't a decent motor I just don't need to be jdmtyte, yo.

Now that we're speaking in terms of cylinder pressure, a fair comparison can be made. stock for stock 1jz can handle the same cylinder pressure the 2jz can without grenading. Given its larger displacement, better cams, etc. the 2jz makes more power at the same cylinder pressure. The only real benefit of the 1jz over the 2jz is the price.

given the thread is titled "Stock motors that can handle a lot of boost." and not "HP per hole", the statements made about the 2jzgte can be applied to the 1jzgte as well, given that both motors in question are non vvti motors. vvti jz motors aren't as durable.

As far as your statements about the 4g63t, they're all correct as far as I'm concerned, as long as the statements are only referring to a 6 bolt.

7 bolt will do it too. The janky thrust bearing problems has more to do with lousy main oiling. Otherwise it's a better motor overall than the six bolt.

Guest Z Fag Jr.
Nobody asked your opinion on the motor's design. Please reread the original post. You'll see the 7m qualifies. Your statements are shit and full of assumption. Ride that 1J bandwagon some more. Oh, and I don't deny the 1J isn't a decent motor I just don't need to be jdmtyte, yo.

Hey retard it said strong good compression ect!!! I am not assuming anything I KNOW THE FACTS. I don't need to be JDM tyte I need a reliable motor with a good powerband not some archaic piece of shit.

Hg Issues aside, the 7m can hold good power. This has been proven time and time again. Half the 7m builds that blow up are due to people building the motors and either cutting corners or poor tuning. I'll agree the jz motors are idiot proof, and the 7m motors aren't but they can both put down good numbers on a stock bottom end.

Any further 7m vs 1jz bullshit should be taken to the MkIII section of supraforums.

Guest Z Fag Jr.
SupraMania is much better aside from that we are talking about best stock motor here, and in stock form a 7m will blow its head gasket and spin rod bearings.

SupraMania is much better aside from that we are talking about best stock motor here, and in stock form a 7m will blow its head gasket and spin rod bearings.

Haha yeah they will.

Went through 2 HG's and spun a rod bearing before i gave up on my supra. Both times i had the head machined flat, block checked, and a MHG was used. After the 1st MHG went oil/coolant mixed and ruined the bottom end. Found that out after i got it back together...

Guest Z Fag Jr.

Haha I spun my rods on my 2nd drift even shocked it even made it to that. At one point I had 4 7m motors 2 in the cars and 2 out of them. I got rid of them all. The one in hers had spun bearings when we got it and after pulling the head off we found not only a blown headgasket to go with it's oval'd cylinders.

The 1jz motors were swapped in for reliability and their improved powerband. /threadjack

In stock form the 7M is def NOT reliable! But how hard is it to torque the head down more? 7m's can be a potent motor when you are speaking cash vs performance. You can find them cheap all day long, and it takes next to nothing to raise the HP substantially.

Many people have built fast reliable 7m's. I have had mine for 2 years now (I do have HKS metal HG, and ARP studs) , drive it to the track, all around town, other states, many states away to import alliance all at 15 psi on the stock CT26. Never had a problem.

The other thing about owning a 7M, check the oil constantly! Hell even over fill it a little bit. Fully rebuilt 7M's still chew through the oil!

Now is a 7M better than a JZ series motor..... NO, but it is still a valid option and deserves notation.

You have to ship a RB to you and parts are overpriced . The KA engines are no way able to handle high boost unless you can tune your ass off. They are iffy at even 8-10 psi. They have cast cranks and rods. The SR20 engines are the only 4 cylinder option from Nissan. I personally wouldn't touch a focus engine when you can slap on a Volvo head onto the old 2.3 and make shit tons of hp with a solid aftermarket.

If you want cheap hp, a 2j, 5.3 gm truck motor is the way to go. For 4 cylinders its a SR20, dodge 2.2/2.4 dohc, 4g63, honda K-series, chevy's ecotec, etc. There are so many ways to skin a cat.

I have 40psi running into a 100% stock longblock 4G right now. Seeing how hard I walk'd an 08 GSXr 750-I'd say it will trap low-mid 130's when I take it to the track-full weight. IT would probably make 620-640 (dynojet) AWHP

After building so many cars-my butt dyno is pretty accurate. :)