Stock motors that can handle a lot of boost.

ColdFusion

If some of the older guys remember my old white coupe, it was 100% oem nissan parts , stock stroke,bore, head , cams , motor was never "opened" stock hg. The car made a lot more power then ur so called timebomb limit.

The statement has me curious because I always read that the SR's were fairly stout motors. 400+whp was a no brainer with them. Sounds like somebody is :gabe:ing.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was on race gas, for tuning just the old standard s1 aem ems .

Only mods fuel mods/turbo/ems

I am guessing 460-520whp depending on how the tune was. As i beleive race gas produces amazing numbers, pump gas numbers are far more impressive to me.

I am guessing 460-520whp depending on how the tune was. As i beleive race gas produces amazing numbers, pump gas numbers are far more impressive to me.

Yeah ur def right, even with the e85 becoming so common cars are really getting powerful.

600whp on a 100% stock engine. How STOCK are we talking here? The last time i checked opening up the valve cover isnt stock. 272's are needed north of 450-500whp pending the turbo set up.Now if you are telling me people have made 600whp on e85/race gas with a STOCK bottom end. Then yes, i will beleive that.

But given the fact that arp head studs, MLS gasket and cams are needed above 500whp you might want to change your wording around. Stock is to easily thrown around here on cr.

Every-I mean every-motor I have build uses OEM head bolts, and a composite head gasket. From 400-800+whp build. That, and I have trapped as high as 139mph on a 100% stock longblock, full weight DSM's (3480lbs according to Norwalks scales). Punch that into your Calculator and tell me what est. HP that cunt was making at the crank.

Dont believe everything your read on the internet brosef.

2.slow before dave burshur or john shep , or brent rau broke records in 4g powered cars they chased times from sr powered cars. In the uk,aus,nz,jpn and now the usa.

Seeing as Buschur has been in Business since 1991, I don't know how much "chasing" they were doing.

the stock sr can make enough power to grenade without increasing displacement to increase power. that's all i was stating.

Who the fuck would pull a running motor out and increase the displacement on a 2 liter? And if you say 20 or 40 over to do a rebuild is increasing displacement, go kill yourself. :dumb:

You throw a bigger turbo on, or increase the boost, or get a bigger exhaust, etc.

Who the fuck would pull a running motor out and increase the displacement on a 2 liter? And if you say 20 or 40 over to do a rebuild is increasing displacement, go kill yourself. :dumb:

You throw a bigger turbo on, or increase the boost, or get a bigger exhaust, etc.

Read back thru the thread and kill yourself, your post is irrelevant.

I'm not the one that brought up displacement, I merely stated it wasn't necessary. :dumb:

the stock sr can make enough power to grenade without increasing displacement to increase power. that's all i was stating.

What? That's not what you said. Go back and re-read it. Do you have any idea what you're talking about? We're not talking Civil Rights.

Lemme put this in here for you so you won't have to search.

:dumb: no worries, a stock sr20 is a time bomb way before you hit any power limits due to displacement.

What does him talking about cams have any fucking thing to do with more displacement? Last time i fucking checked, only the crank, rods and pistons have anything to do with displacement.

Eat a displaced dick.

What? That's not what you said. Go back and re-read it. Do you have any idea what you're talking about? We're not talking Civil Rights.

Lemme put this in here for you so you won't have to search.

What does him talking about cams have any fucking thing to do with more displacement? Last time i fucking checked, only the crank, rods and pistons have anything to do with displacement.

Eat a displaced dick.

2pointslow brought up displacement. Has nothing to do with cams, the statement I made about cams was that stock cams doesn't equal stock motor. In other words the guy could have a built head, or a fully built motor with stock cams.

You guys need to stop misinterpreting what I say and worry about your cars James broke.:dumb:

yad yada yada yada yada James yad yada yada.:dumb:

Not misinterpreting anything. When the post was made, at no point did I tell myself "Gee I wonder if the motor was built or stock". Given this is loosely a discussion about what a stock motor will handle that the context it was taken in. The comment "the stock sr can make enough power to grenade without increasing displacement to increase power." is nonsensical.

Not misinterpreting anything. When the post was made, at no point did I tell myself "Gee I wonder if the motor was built or stock". Given this is loosely a discussion about what a stock motor will handle that the context it was taken in. The comment "the stock sr can make enough power to grenade without increasing displacement to increase power." is nonsensical.

What's nonsensical about it? Are you stating that only sr motors with increased displacement are susceptible to damage?

Premise 1:

The sr20 is a time bomb in stock form over 400hp.

Premise 2:

My old sr made more then that on stock cams

Premise 3:

Stock cams or unopened motor.. There IS a difference.

Conclusion:

He stated stock cams, he could have a built head with stock cams.

If you were to use the first 3 quotes as premises for a logical argument, your last quote doesnt hold true. Dont try to go around a ringer with me. Youll lose any logical, scientific, or mathematical battle. Go ahead and try to talk more shit about me. You can compete. Squash it while you can bitch.

Edited by Spam

If you were to use the first 3 quotes as premises for a logical argument, your last quote doesnt hold true. Dont try to go around a ringer with me. Youll lose any logical, scientific, or mathematical battle. Go ahead and try to talk more shit about me. You can compete. Squash it while you can bitch.

How does it not hold true? Are you that stupid? The guy said he made blah blah power on stock cams blah blah lucky blah.

Therefore my last statement does hold true. The guy said the CAMS were stock, he never specified about the rest, therefore he COULD be running with a built head with stock cams dropped in it. If that doesn't make sense to you, put your life jacket and helmet back on, and go back to your bowl of lucky charms.

Fuck dude. I cant even argue with you because you are too fucking slow to keep up. Jesus christ i feel fucking bad. I wont make fun of you anymore. I didnt know your learning disability was that severe. Do you have aspergers or something?

Fuck dude. I cant even argue with you because you are too fucking slow to keep up. Jesus christ i feel fucking bad. I wont make fun of you anymore. I didnt know your learning disability was that severe. Do you have aspergers or something?

You can't grasp simple statements I've made? Trying to reuse insults I just threw at you? Yes clearly IM the dumb one. As I said before, put your protective gear on and go back to your bowl of lucky charms. :dumb: