Stock motors that can handle a lot of boost.

ColdFusion

it s so easy to cite engines that were turboed from the factory though

i m more impressed with gas engines that were never factory turbo...BMW's M10 engine though was a special case....it never saw a factrory turbo but when BMW used 60,000mile-old street car blocks for turbo...they were making in excess of 1000whp with that 1.5L engine in Formula1 in the 1980s..but the head was welded to the block and boosted to well over 70psi

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there a point to this topic or is it just a generic answer... people can say all day long what engine they think is better for boost but unless there is a means to the question then all it is, is a bunch of people saying there opinions.

but personal i would got with a a ej25 ( subarus wrx/sti engine )

Question is irrelevant. you need to specify how big or small of turbo. Boost number will only get u psi not how much boost they can handle, My stock motor VW could boost 28psi on a stock turbo, 32 on a 35r and the power number are waaaay dif.

Please ask logically next time.

Question is irrelevant. you need to specify how big or small of turbo. Boost number will only get u psi not how much boost they can handle, My stock motor VW could boost 28psi on a stock turbo, 32 on a 35r and the power number are waaaay dif.

Please ask logically next time.

Cylinder pressure is a more appropriate term for determining which motor can take more. Or HP per hole is also a good determinant

Well of course anything that came boosted, the 03-04 Cobra motors, the 5.4 out of the GT500, the LC2 out of the old Buicks, the 4.3 out of the old Sy/Tys, about any Ecotec motor, SRT-4s, Evos, Subis, I'm sure lots of euro and jap cars but I'm not up on that. I'd want to play with cars that are easily tunable and GM and Ford have that easy to follow speed recipe that makes the awesome choices, but I'd rather spend time playing then trying to get shit to work.

7m is a piece of shit motor, it was based on a design that when they produced the 7m was around 30 years old.

Jz's are strong motors I hear the bottom end on ford gt's are good for over 1000hp.

Go hump your 1J some more and then get back to me when you learn how to properly care for and build a 7M.

Go hump your 1J some more and then get back to me when you learn how to properly care for and build a 7M.

:lolguy: I knew that was coming. Christian you're my favorite 7m owner.

On a side note, there's 1jz motors in the 700hp range with stock internals that are holding up just fine.

is there a point to this topic or is it just a generic answer... people can say all day long what engine they think is better for boost but unless there is a means to the question then all it is, is a bunch of people saying there opinions.

but personal i would got with a a ej25 ( subarus wrx/sti engine )

Did you really bring up an open deck engine in this topic?

plenty of stock 5.3 truck motors take 12-15lbs all day

I agree

The 4.8,5.3,6.0 truck motors are all good on boost.

There are quite a few making 600+ whp with 20+psi on stock bottom end 4.8L, which always baffles me. They are a dime a dozen, so no one cares if they blow them, but it doesn't happen very often.

HP per hole, stock for stock, YOU WILL NOT COMPETE WITH A 4G63 OR 2JZ-GTE.

Hp vs Displacement Is a better argument honestly. As far as durability goes 1jz is pretty equal to the 2jz in terms of power vs displacement. Hp per hole is an unfair comparison given the fact the 1jz has a much shorter stroke.

Hp vs Displacement Is a better argument honestly. As far as durability goes 1jz is pretty equal to the 2jz in terms of power vs displacement. Hp per hole is an unfair comparison given the fact the 1jz has a much shorter stroke.

Not my fault Toyota built a shitty motor. :dumb:

Cylinder pressure is engine load, which equates to how much flow from the turbo in lbs/min it can handle and HP it can produce. 2jz and 4g win everytime. Even beating out newer v8's. Of course, this is all stock for stock.

Not my fault Toyota built a shitty motor. :dumb:

Cylinder pressure is engine load, which equates to how much flow from the turbo in lbs/min it can handle and HP it can produce. 2jz and 4g win everytime. Even beating out newer v8's. Of course, this is all stock for stock.

Now that we're speaking in terms of cylinder pressure, a fair comparison can be made. stock for stock 1jz can handle the same cylinder pressure the 2jz can without grenading. Given its larger displacement, better cams, etc. the 2jz makes more power at the same cylinder pressure. The only real benefit of the 1jz over the 2jz is the price.

given the thread is titled "Stock motors that can handle a lot of boost." and not "HP per hole", the statements made about the 2jzgte can be applied to the 1jzgte as well, given that both motors in question are non vvti motors. vvti jz motors aren't as durable.

As far as your statements about the 4g63t, they're all correct as far as I'm concerned, as long as the statements are only referring to a 6 bolt.

Yup. He did.

I wonder what the highest amount on one of those is.

Ive read upto 600 on a stock block. But most don't get past 450-500 before they blow up or the rings/ringlands fail.

Another open deck block that takes power is the ecotec. But they have crank and bearing problems over 500. The block has been reported to take 750. But these are very rare circumstances.

Guest Z Fag Jr.

I can build a motor just fine, I choose not to because of its SHITTY OLD DESIGN. I care for my motors extremely well. So go cry and defend your 7m its still a pile of shit to me, and anybody who can afford a 1jz.