Stock motors that can handle a lot of boost.

ColdFusion

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every-I mean every-motor I have build uses OEM head bolts, and a composite head gasket. From 400-800+whp build. That, and I have trapped as high as 139mph on a 100% stock longblock, full weight DSM's (3480lbs according to Norwalks scales). Punch that into your Calculator and tell me what est. HP that cunt was making at the crank.

Dont believe everything your read on the internet brosef.

You still havent answered my question on the cams.

Didnt read anything, first hand experience the HG on a 1g didnt like 28psi through a t3 60-1. So we opted for arp studs/MLS head gasket and never had any issues from there on.

Fellas, reread the title of the thread slowly "Stock motors(plural) that can handle alot of boost". There are so many motors that fall into this category beyond the jz motors and 4g63!, the sr20 definitely being one of them. There is no argument here. Now if the title of this thread was "Strongest Stock motor(singular) that can handle the most boost" then one can argue that the sr20 is not in this "league". As a matter of fact, the jz or 4g63 motors wouldn't be neither. I'm pretty sure in stock form the Bugatti veyron motor can make more power than "almost" any engine lol

This is one of the best points here as I got caught up in arguing about silly shit, too. :)

for the non-ricers, wtf is a 7m??

http://oldschool.supracentral.com/engine/7m-gte.jpg

The 7M-GTE was an ultra high-performance engine used by Toyota in the late 1980's and early 1990's. It is part of the series of Toyota M engines. In the US, only one Toyota ever featured this engine: the Toyota Supra. This engine was incredibly advanced for its time. The 7M-GTE was simply a turbo version of the 7M-GE and was offered only in the Supra.

.The engine had a 3.0L 24-Valve DOHC Twin Cam setup which provided plenty of power for the Supra. The 7M-GTE is an Inline-6, or "straight 6" engine. Due to incorrect torque specifications from the factory, the head gaskets on both the 7M-GE and 7M-GTE engines are prone to failure. However, with proper replacement of the head gasket using a higher torque setting, these engines have been known to be extremely reliable.

The 7M-GE and 7M-GTE were both discontinued sometime after 1992 with the demise of the Cressida in North America.

Ban mjrsplat .... His car is ugly, he lowball offers every car for sale on CR, OD, and CL. And he can't stick to one side of an argument.

You are a complete fucking idiot. In the future when you want to try trolling, don't. Yes, you're really that bad at it. :fa:

Guest Z Fag Jr.
for the non-ricers, wtf is a 7m??

I guess domestic owners are confused by Google?

This thread did get way off track, I will say part of that is my fault as Ron White has told us, "you cant fix stupid". That's what I attempted to do, my bad.

Moving on:

What about Porsche turbo engine's? The new GT2 RS model's 3.6 flat 6 is producing over 600 hp in stock trim.

You still havent answered my question on the cams.

Didnt read anything, first hand experience the HG on a 1g didnt like 28psi through a t3 60-1. So we opted for arp studs/MLS head gasket and never had any issues from there on.

Didn't see any question about cams?

If you speaking of the car I mentioned-it was on a bone stock longblock-as in stock everything. even balance shafts.

What turbo were you running with this stock 4g63? How many lbs/min?

Had to be north of 40psi on a 42r and given the fact that the cams power range falls off pretty quickly im going to call BS once again.

Also i find it interesting that you have built several other 4g cars and none of them have broken 500whp. If you could build 700whp on a stock motor once, why havent you done it again?

Edited by 2pointslow

You are a complete fucking idiot. In the future when you want to try trolling, don't. Yes, you're really that bad at it. :fa:

Shut your fucking piehole. You dumb fucking cunt. You are mad because I am right. Your car is beat, so are your cheese wheels. Shut the fuck up because everyone here just tolerates you. Face facts bitch.

Nice fucking "racing seats" by the way...

Had to be north of 40psi on a 42r and given the fact that the cams power range falls off pretty quickly im going to call BS once again.

ColtBoosting in far from BS. And you sound like you have no clue about the 4g63 so don't talk about it Mr SVT. Go to the shootout on Aug 20th for dyno day ( I'll prob put down 360awhp all stock with a 16g) then get your lil buddy in his BAD ASS SVT to come play with the big boys on the 21st. N/a vs N/a with a turbo kit 420a over the SVT 2.0L ZETEC

ColtBoosting in far from BS. And you sound like you have no clue about the 4g63 so don't talk about it Mr SVT. Go to the shootout on Aug 20th for dyno day ( I'll prob put down 360awhp all stock with a 16g) then get your lil buddy in his BAD ASS SVT to come play with the big boys on the 21st. N/a vs N/a with a turbo kit 420a over the SVT 2.0L ZETEC

:dumb:

Insert another nut swinging friend.

Shut your fucking piehole. You dumb fucking cunt. You are mad because I am right. Your car is beat, so are your cheese wheels. Shut the fuck up because everyone here just tolerates you. Face facts bitch.

Nice fucking "racing seats" by the way...

why are you so offended by my corbeau's or my z wheels? It's not your car. :gabe:

Because he disagreed with you... That makes him a nutswinger?

Change your tampon. :dumb:

why are you so offended by my corbeau's or my z wheels? It's not your car. :gabe:

:dumb:

Not offended. Let me make myself clear, I hate people who modify cars like you do. You have a big mouth, render your opinions about everyone elses shit.... but have nothing to match wits with.

Because he disagreed with you... That makes him a nutswinger?

No its because of the people who have come in and VOUCHED for jp have not proven anything.

Stock 4g cams power range is 6400rpms? How do i know, i have helped build a few. Both of these cars were on t3 60-1.