are head phones illegal in ohio?

drey4211

I guess it just depends on your point of view, I listen to one headphone on my bike at a reasonable level. Most cars are more soundproof now, and individuals listen to their music way louder then I listen to mine on the bike. The level I listen at allows me to still hear every thing over it.

Same here. I can still hear what is going on around me and honestly I think it helps me concentrate more. I dont' do it all the time, usually when I know I'm going to be on a long ride. If a cop wants to give me a ticket for it..then fine! I do know that when i'm in my car and listening to my music..it is way louder than any listening I would do on my bike.

Damn lot of people BLAST music in their cars here.

I hate hearing other peoples music while I'm driving in my car. I instantly think attention whores. Just my $.02 youngins, take it easy.:D

I don't blast it so loud that others can hear it. Usually my windows are all closed and i'm enjoying it myself. It is just WAY louder than anything I've ever listed to while riding my bike, and wouldn't hear anything around me unless it was about to happen in my car either. That's why I just pay attention to my surroundings. Especially when i'm riding!

i was riding on woodruff the other week and i had earplugs in and the guy behind me was blasting music in his pickup truck.

i heard sirens coming and pulled over, guy behind the truck honked at me for stopping and tried to go around me while the firetruck blasted his horn at the guy.

obviously the person who wrote that law doesn't ride.

Lol. Obviously people who write laws don't know anything about anything they right laws about. lol. Congress is taking over the banks, but the extent of their economic knowledge is that they have a lot of money in those banks. These people are less qualified to be making banking decisions than your average front line teller, but god damn it, they were elected and now they have the power! :)

i figured it's less illegal for me to ride longer distances with head phones on than fall asleep and make myself a chunky non-moving (yet, yielding) barrier for a car moving at high speed.

• 3 weeks later...

another freedom infrindged on with a NEW law. Cagers clame all to often they didn't see the bike they caused to wreck. Your safety is your responsability. Your attention to traffic, your experience in emergency situations, may be the only thing between you and road rash or oblivioun.

on a side note, you can put ONE ear phone in and its totally legal., its when both ears have headphones in them that its not legal anymore. at least thats what a cop told me.

this is true I did not read the whole thread but my wife is a cop and she said there is nothing in ORC about having 1 in