My new intake setup...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who made the call to ditch the big plenum? This is going against big turbo set up wisdoms...

Interested to see how well it works!

Also interested in this. Unless the hat style intake distributes the air that much more evenly amongst the runners, I'm confused.

Who made the call to ditch the big plenum? This is going against big turbo set up wisdoms...

Interested to see how well it works!

Also interested in this. Unless the hat style intake distributes the air that much more evenly amongst the runners, I'm confused.

It had a FAST LSX 102mm on it last week? :confused:

Anyways, Looks amazing as always!

What big plenum intake are you talking about... all I had was a fast 102mm. The new intake won't crack on the two step, and will allow me to flow more air than the fast did.

I am just used to seeing intakes as such-

http://www.hogansracingmanifolds.com/images/portfolio/15626.JPG

On big boy turbo cars going over 200mph in the 1/4.

I thought it had something along those lines. Any idea what this will yield time wise over the previous setup? I'm sure at this point it's splitting hairs.

What would you know about a big boy turbo car? I'm pretty sure you haven't ever been 9.anything much less 8.anything and you couldn't even dream about 7.anything.

My "non big boy" Turbo car went 7.75@183.71 with a Fast LSXr intake, which btw, made MORE power and a BETTER curve than the sheet metal intake that was on it 2 years ago. That is why we went away from it.

The new intake is along the same lines that all the Fast cars in the series run. Ask Mark Kohler and Mike Brown from the Ohio boys how they have gone so fast on the same intake I have now, or ask Steve Turley how with the motor I am getting and the same intake setup he went 7.XX@200.

You might also ask LMR how they went 7.29@209 with this style intake.

Maybe you should stick to your 10 second Colts... those pieces of shit might run better with some kind of Plenum, but the "real Big boy" cars use 4500 style cast intakes, an eblow, and big ass Trottle body.

True Story.

What would you know about a big boy turbo car? I'm pretty sure you haven't ever been 9.anything much less 8.anything and you couldn't even dream about 7.anything.

My "non big boy" Turbo car went 7.75@183.71 with a Fast LSXr intake, which btw, made MORE power and a BETTER curve than the sheet metal intake that was on it 2 years ago. That is why we went away from it.

The new intake is along the same lines that all the Fast cars in the series run. Ask Mark Kohler and Mike Brown from the Ohio boys how they have gone so fast on the same intake I have now, or ask Steve Turley how with the motor I am getting and the same intake setup he went 7.XX@200.

Maybe you should stick to your 10 second Colts... those pieces of shit might run better with some kind of Plenum, but the "real Big boy" cars use 4500 style cast intakes, an eblow, and big ass Trottle body.

True Story.

But remember man he was on "stock" cams with his 700whp colt.

:dumb:

True Story.

LOL @ Mark explaining things!!!!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

PS - 7's are easy. Why not try for 6's!!! :gabe:

True Story.

Funny question-what do YOU know about it besides handing hundreds of thousands of dollars to a shop to build your car for you? Any monkey with a wallet could do that chief, but congrats on your skeeze ball company making your penis enlargement go fast! True Story-

But Man, someone has there panties in a bunch. Is it because all World of Warcraft players are a bunch of balless wonders? Jesus!

Good luck with the car brosef. ;)

PS: for clarification-Real big boy turbo cars run 6's on a 10.5. :fuckyeah:

• Upvote 1

Funny question-what do YOU know about it besides handing hundreds of thousands of dollars to a shop to build your car for you? Any monkey with a wallet could do that chief, but congrats on your skeeze ball company making your penis enlargement go fast! True Story-

But Man, someone has there panties in a bunch. Is it because all World of Warcraft players are a bunch of balless wonders? Jesus!

I hear those dude's balls are so big, they put them in the trunk for traction. The vette is badass regardless of setup. When it comes down to it dude is going fast as fuck and that's all that matter. World records aren't east to set, this dude did it. I trust the right decisions were made on the car. Keep on with it!

BOOM ROASTED