sold

zeitgeist57

Cleetus. Selling it for sure this time!

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=8&pictureid=2438

1982 Chevrolet C20 (3/4 Ton) - 8ft bed

CA/FL truck until 2008. Less than 55k orig miles on odo. Bought/shipped from LA through eBay 2/14/07 for $3800. Numerous bucks in upgrades, maintenance.

6.2L Diesel

2WD

TH400 in great shape, new TC, flexplate (after starter motor chewed many of the teeth)

Ton of maintenance items (lifetime alternator, Water pump, starter motor)

Professional R-134 A/C conversion blows cold

Power Windows/Locks

No radio

20" Weld forged aluminum wheels - Goodyear Wrangler Load E tires.

Almost NO RUST. :)

Starts up every time, DD last year (when Passat/Corvette were out of commission). Now, I maybe put 50 local miles on it a month. I would sell it to get more of a beater truck with a stick shift...

I'm interested, any pics/description of the rust? Also, I understand these motors get surprisingly good mileage, any estimate of what you generally netted?

EDIT: I'm VERY interested. Is there a time I could come check it out this week?

Edited by spankis

I've had a great response from good CR peeps over the weekend, but no one bought it yet. I have the truck I want in sight and want to sell Cleetus this week.

CR price for this week: $3200. Consider it a 20% discount off of list. Next week is really busy for me and I'll be in and out of town...

If someone finds a buyer at $3500 or higher, I will split everything above that price 50/50 with you. Please feel free to post this on other car forums to find someone that will get you paid!

I'll get some interior shots. It has a block heater but I've never plugged it in. When I had electrical issues back in 2008-2009 it would be a tough start in the winter but since replacing all the major wiring harnesses and starter motor I haven't had any problems.

AC Delco 60g self-limiting glow plugs so I just hold the glow plug button for 20-30seconds and it fires up, maybe another 10 sec of glow after that when it's REALLY cold.

I looked this truck over last night. I know these old trucks very well, and I'll tell CR what I told Clay.

You won't find another 82 in Central Ohio this solid for this price. There are about 3-4 spots that need attention on the body, BUT the frame and undercarriage is EXTREMELY solid. C20, 14 bolt, 4.11 gear, TH400, SOLID bed = good buy.

Buy it.

Edited by nurkvinny

Where is the truck located? Close to Galloway? I'm interested in the truck. Are there wires for a radio to be put in?

I do see a harness, but you'll need to wire in your own speakers. Door is uncut, and dash 3.25" speaker locations were vacated by me when I took out the non-functioning AM radio.

Truck is in Upper Arlington, not far from The Wellington School if you want a rough estimate. PM me for more details. Thanks!