Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Phil I do. Its right next to the file of "I secretly love urban meyer" ;) idk how well rg3 will transition to the nfl a lot of it will depend on what team he goes to. I'm not sure what nfl teams will be looking to draft a qb outside of indy and possibly miami. If barkley comes out this year then I think he and luck go before rg3 does.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil I do. Its right next to the file of "I secretly love urban meyer" ;) idk how well rg3 will transition to the nfl a lot of it will depend on what team he goes to. I'm not sure what nfl teams will be looking to draft a qb outside of indy and possibly miami. If barkley comes out this year then I think he and luck go before rg3 does.

oh no doubt about it. honestly if i were indy and peyton is good, id trade down and pick up another qb. i wouldnt take luck if i were indy, id either look at barkley or rg3. there will be a lot of teams looking for qbs, mia, indy, wash, cleveland,seattle, okc,denver.

oh no doubt about it. honestly if i were indy and peyton is good, id trade down and pick up another qb. i wouldnt take luck if i were indy, id either look at barkley or rg3. there will be a lot of teams looking for qbs, mia, indy, wash, cleveland,seattle, okc,denver.

+1

I think there are a few teams that would sell their proverbial soul for Andrew Luck. Sure, he's a great draft prospect, but, if I'm Indy, and I think I can get a few more years out of Manning, then maybe I decide to give up Luck (i.e., the number one pick) to the highest bidder and maybe get something ungodly for him: like a ton of first round picks in the next few drafts.

+1

I think there are a few teams that would sell their proverbial soul for Andrew Luck. Sure, he's a great draft prospect, but, if I'm Indy, and I think I can get a few more years out of Manning, then maybe I decide to give up Luck (i.e., the number one pick) to the highest bidder and maybe get something ungodly for him: like a ton of first round picks in the next few drafts.

I'm of the opposite opinion; you trade a veteran player to get the most value for him. It's a no brainer to trade Manning, and Draft Luck. John Elway will give anything for Manning I bet, it's the only player he can bring in and not get criticized for cutting Tebow. You trade Manning and his 100 Million Dollar contract, Draft luck at the new Rookie maximum of a few Million, save a ton of $$ on the cap and go free agent crazy and crazy in the draft. That is how Indy should be rebuilt. GET VALUE FOR MANNING! Hell he could play next year and get hit once and never play football again. He's an 11 year vet, get value. Roll the dice on Luck and free cap space.

I don't know if you saw the poll on ESPN, but there was a poll for MVP in the NFL, and Tebow (62%) was ahead of Rogers in the poll. :lol:

I'm of the opposite opinion; you trade a veteran player to get the most value for him. It's a no brainer to trade Manning, and Draft Luck. John Elway will give anything for Manning I bet, it's the only player he can bring in and not get criticized for cutting Tebow. You trade Manning and his 100 Million Dollar contract, Draft luck at the new Rookie maximum of a few Million, save a ton of $$ on the cap and go free agent crazy and crazy in the draft. That is how Indy should be rebuilt. GET VALUE FOR MANNING! Hell he could play next year and get hit once and never play football again. He's an 11 year vet, get value. Roll the dice on Luck and free cap space.

I can't argue with that.

I don't know if you saw the poll on ESPN, but there was a poll for MVP in the NFL, and Tebow (62%) was ahead of Rogers in the poll. :lol:

you have a good argument. BUT, here is what makes more sense (to me atleast)

1. trade down and get crazy vaule for the 1st pick. I.E 2 first rnds a second and another possible pick.

2. fill most needed spots with the first two picks.

3. get a young qb with a high upside, but will sit and learn and absorb what manning is teaching.

4. have one of the best qbs of all time lead your team to a possible super bowl much faster than luck would.

5. let manning who made this franchise worth a dime retire with class and pass the tourch in a respectful manner, keep him on as a coach and everyone is happy.

6. have ready qb that doesnt skip a step from the program manning taught.

PROFIT!!!

Do what GB did with Rodgers, draft Luck and let him sit a couple years behind a HOF QB. Then in a couple years win a superbowl and the following year start off 12-0!

I don't see Cleveland taking a QB in this draft, they have biggers issues/needs then a QB. For starters a RB/WR and some defensive players. I am not a huge Colt McCoy fan by any means, but I do think he can be successful given more talent around him. They have no true #1 WR, Cribbs is a return man that is trying to be a WR and failling. Hilils is gonna be gone after this year. If I am Clevelands GM, I am taking a guy like Trent Richardson (I don't think he is Heisman worthy, but he's the best back in the draft most likely), he's a bigger/powerful type back, and thats what you need in the AFC North. Cleveland has 2 1st round picks this year (Atlantas pick), so maybe they pick up Trent Richardson and then follow that up with a guy like Michael Floyd from ND (big playmaking WR)

BTW here's some early mock drafts if anyone cares

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php (haha they agree with me on Richardson to the Browns). I don't know about 4 QB's in the top 10 though

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock-Drafts/2012-nfl-mock-draft.html

I'd laugh if Barkley went to Seattle and was back with Petey boy

BTW what if Barkley and RG3 mind fuck everyone and stay for their senior years lol. Same with Trent and I believe Landry Jones is a jr

Oh 1 more edit cause I can, how about this:

"The Big East is set to add Boise State, San Diego State, SMU, UCF and Houston as it begins to rebuild its league, with an announcement expected as early as Wednesday, sources confirmed to ESPN.com."

Boise will be a BCS team yearly now as they will dominate the Big Least lmfao

Pretty sweet highlight video of Braxton from this year...

alittlelessordinary may want to refrain from clicking. :lolguy:

Dude is going to be a monster under Urban.

Yeah that was a great running back highlight film! Oh wait that was a quarterbacks highlight tape?

I counted 3 good looking balls in that video (2 vs Michigan and 1 vs Wisconsin). I will say this, the Purdue game and the Wisconsin games final throws in regulation were pretty impressive for a freshman (poise wise).

Do what GB did with Rodgers, draft Luck and let him sit a couple years behind a HOF QB. Then in a couple years win a superbowl and the following year start off 12-0!

I don't see Cleveland taking a QB in this draft, they have biggers issues/needs then a QB. For starters a RB/WR and some defensive players. I am not a huge Colt McCoy fan by any means, but I do think he can be successful given more talent around him. They have no true #1 WR, Cribbs is a return man that is trying to be a WR and failling. Hilils is gonna be gone after this year. If I am Clevelands GM, I am taking a guy like Trent Richardson (I don't think he is Heisman worthy, but he's the best back in the draft most likely), he's a bigger/powerful type back, and thats what you need in the AFC North. Cleveland has 2 1st round picks this year (Atlantas pick), so maybe they pick up Trent Richardson and then follow that up with a guy like Michael Floyd from ND (big playmaking WR)

BTW here's some early mock drafts if anyone cares

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php (haha they agree with me on Richardson to the Browns). I don't know about 4 QB's in the top 10 though

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock-Drafts/2012-nfl-mock-draft.html

I'd laugh if Barkley went to Seattle and was back with Petey boy

BTW what if Barkley and RG3 mind fuck everyone and stay for their senior years lol. Same with Trent and I believe Landry Jones is a jr

Oh 1 more edit cause I can, how about this:

"The Big East is set to add Boise State, San Diego State, SMU, UCF and Houston as it begins to rebuild its league, with an announcement expected as early as Wednesday, sources confirmed to ESPN.com."

Boise will be a BCS team yearly now as they will dominate the Big Least lmfao

I don't think Indy can afford under the cap, both QBs.

OR Cleveland can take their 2 first round picks this year and trade them to Indy for Manning. Get him and a WR or two, Cleveland is an instant Playoff team. They already have a great line and their D is good enough as Manning can put up more points than the D will allow the oposing Offenses to score. Just giving browns fans something to think about assuming he passes a physical. Look at Ronnie Brown, a trade physical saved his life. They are not an average "physical". So if he passes he should be the same Manning.

As for Boise, it will be Epic if the BCS takes the auto bid away from the big east.

Yeah that was a great running back highlight film! Oh wait that was a quarterbacks highlight tape?

I counted 3 good looking balls in that video (2 vs Michigan and 1 vs Wisconsin). I will say this, the Purdue game and the Wisconsin games final throws in regulation were pretty impressive for a freshman (poise wise).

ROFL at a screen pass on a QB highlight film.

^^ Finally someone else see's what I have all year. When one of your highlights is a screen pass, then odds are you weren't a very good throwing qb. Look at the wobbly ass passes in his "highlight" film!!! The kids a runner, I have said that all year long, a good throwing qb he is not and needs a ton of work to become one. Hopefully the bowl practices and spring ball will help him grow into what many feel he can become.

I wouldn't trade a ton of picks for Manning, he's what, 34-35 years old now? How many years does he have left in the tank? You are right about the cap issue, but I think Manning is a team player and might take a pay cut in order to help out a team that has stood by him all these years. Then again he could be like every other pro athlete and be a Me First type guy. It will be interesting to see how the draft and the days leading up to it unfold.

It was 90 million /5 year, 10 million is a 10% cut. He could have got 100 million, but left money on the table.

Look what playing without being paid might get Matt Forte, he is the posterboy for holding out, I don't think it's selfish, it's the business. If your knees are your product, get paid or hold out, don't wait for an organization to take advantage of you because they will, then cut you in a heartbeat. Teammates do not control that. Holding out has nothing to do about being a team player. It shows ignorance when fans talk about it.

No, ignorance is the owners ever beginning to pay players multi millions....

BTW Mannings contract was 98.2 million with a 34million dollar signing bonus, so like I said 100 million. He gets 16 million this year alone, so basically he banked 50 million in 1 year to sit out the entire season cause of a neck injury. While its smart on the players behalf to get paid, its still dumb as fuck for the owners to agree to pay so much. Look at Chris Johnson for instance, dude sits out like a baby back bitch, demanding more money, so they give it to him and he's trash! Smart move on his part, bad move on the part of the Titans

Dude Chris Johnson isn't trash, he's gonna lead his team to the playoffs. There was a lock out this year, it took some players back to football shape. He has been the Chris Johnson of last year for a couple of weeks. He is another posterboy for making sure you get paid, he isn't a "bitch" at all, it's his business and he is smart. If he didn't hold out and got hurt, it could have ended his career, and not had the millions to fall back on. These guys are relevant for five years or so, they have to get their money when the getting is good. The owners have to pay millions because it's in the CBA. They have to pay 80% of the cap. They take in more than they pay out. If you are trying to say college is a more pure sport, save it. OSU proves it is far from pure. These kids don't play college ball because they find it fun.

Nighthawk you are right, the 98m contract was his last one, he did take a 90 million one this time around, my bad! Now onto the next argument lol

Chris Johnson isn't trash?

Here let my nerdy stats show you

^^ Those aren't attemps, those are yards rushed for in games this season!! 4TDs and a 4.1 average....again he is trash this year!

He has had a couple really good games where he's went for 190 and 153, 130 and 101, thats the only thing saving him. He had 1 really good year when he ran for over 2k yards, but after that he is just another NFL running back in my opinion.

His over 100 yard games this year have been against, Cleveland, Carolina, Buffalo and Tampa Bay. Using a holdout as an excuse for a pro athlete to be out of shape? Really? I mean, seriously? They get paid multi millions to play a game, yet they can't stay in shape because of a lockout?

My point is just because a player "holds out" doesn't make him a bitch. It makes him a smart business professional. That's the game, hate the game not the player. Dude if Chris Johnson was cut 4 weeks ago, all 32 teams put in a waiver order for him. You can point out a few crappy games after a lock out but the GMs and owners know talent, not sure what you are not seeing.

BTW how is he leading his team to the playoffs? They are 7-5, 2nd in their division by 2 games and I believe 3rd or 4th in the wild card race

Tennesee has a harder schedule to end with then Houston does (they play each other in week 16)

Because they play Houston again and there are 4 games left, it's possible and Chris is on fire right now, Houston is down to their 3rd string QB and Andre Johnson has a hamstring injury. It's possible.

A few crappy games? Dude he's been shitty 2/3 of the year thus far. He's only had 4 good games. Just like Peyton Hillis (I'm a Browns fan too lol), dude bitches about wanting to be paid more, yet he isn't doing jack shit on the field to show he's earned it. Idc what he did last year, this is a "what have you done for me lately" league and we both know that. If it wasn't then these guys would be playing more then 5 years on average. Johnson is 14th in the league in rushing, and thats only because of the last couple weeks. He is not having a good year at all, idc how you try to slice it.

Houston is still 2 games ahead, with Carolina and Indy on the schedule. Tennesee plays the Saints this week, theres a loss!

Houston is in a world of hurt, I forget their top Defensive player that went down weeks ago also. If Indy can get a lead, they can beat Houston. Indy can win 2 games and still win the Andrew luck sweepstakes. I feel for Dan and Ernie, I really hope they don't experience another 0-16 season. I watched every game in 08, shit would suck to live it twice.