Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strength of schedule always seems to come up on here, I just found a cool link over on scout that I thought I would post. Boise has the 73rd hardest schedule, now that seems low, but consider this Wisconsin is 67th, Va Tech 90th!

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/current_congrove_rankings.html

Strength of schedule always seems to come up on here, I just found a cool link over on scout that I thought I would post. Boise has the 73rd hardest schedule, now that seems low, but consider this Wisconsin is 67th, Va Tech 90th!

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/current_congrove_rankings.html

My only problem with that particular one.. at first glance it passes the sniff test... BUT, when you sort by SOS ranking, almost all of the Big 12 schools have the first 9 spots (all of the Big12 minus TexTec, at 16)... which leads me to believe that either the Big 12 is the toughest conference, or that the calculator used to determine the ranking, is Big12 biased.... I dunno, just throwing it out there.

Just purchased tickets for the Wisconsin game.

Dear Football Jesus,

Please don't let my Buckeyes get smoked. I don't care so much if we get beat - I kind of even expect it - but just make it so we don't get annhilated. I've been to night games at Ohio Stadium before, Football Jesus, and didn't ask any favors then, so I'd respectfully request one now.

Sincerely,

Johnny Utah

Dear Football Jesus,

Please don't let my Buckeyes get smoked. I don't care so much if we get beat - I kind of even expect it - but just make it so we don't get annhilated. I've been to night games at Ohio Stadium before, Football Jesus, and didn't ask any favors then, so I'd respectfully request one now.

Sincerely,

Johnny Utah

You've picked a few not so great games to go to iirc, like the 06' national title and such! Nothing wrong with it, especially as your going to root on your team at a game that on paper will not be fun for OSU fans, I pray I'm wrong.

I've been very lucky with the games I've actually been to, 02' vs. UM, 03' vs. NC State, 04'(i think it was ) vs. Notre Dame, 05' vs. Wisc comeback win, 06' epic win vs. UM, 02' vs. Marshall. May have the year wrong on one or two of those, but close enough. I almost went to the 05' vs. Texas game but had an offer on my tickets I couldn't refuse. Some great games I've been lucky to see in person. Never seen a losing game in person yet.

You've picked a few not so great games to go to iirc, like the 06' national title and such! Nothing wrong with it, especially as your going to root on your team at a game that on paper will not be fun for OSU fans, I pray I'm wrong.

I've been very lucky with the games I've actually been to, 02' vs. UM, 03' vs. NC State, 04'(i think it was ) vs. Notre Dame, 05' vs. Wisc comeback win, 06' epic win vs. UM, 02' vs. Marshall. May have the year wrong on one or two of those, but close enough. I almost went to the 05' vs. Texas game but had an offer on my tickets I couldn't refuse. Some great games I've been lucky to see in person. Never seen a losing game in person yet.

Yup, good memory - you're exactly right, I did have the misfortune of being at the '06 NCG. I was also at the 2008 Penn State game and the 2009 USC game. Night games + me = not a great combination.

I was at the '03 game versus NC State too. What an awesome game - like 67 overtimes. I was also at the '04 (I think?) game against Michigan - that's when Troy Smith went absolutely bonkers and had like 6000 yards of total offense.

Maybe I should take you to the Wisconsin game, considering your good luck. I didn't see Ohio State lose in person until the '06 NCG.

I was bounced from a bar during that game. What a terrible, terrible game.

I still hate Tressel for not challenging that opening score by Illinois.

I got insanely drunk at Riverwatch after that game and punched some random dude while chasing my friend down Lane Ave on the way to the car :gabe:

You really do like the 'woulda-coulda-shoulda's'... you sure it's me visiting imaginary land? :lol:

"woulda,coulda,shoulda" implies past. In other words, no, I don't like them, because I am not implying that if things had been different in the past then x would've happened (see)

Dear Football Jesus,

Sincerely,

Johnny Utah

I don't think we will get beat that bad, I say we keep it withing 2 TDs the whole game.

Dear Football Jesus,

Sincerely,

Johnny Utah

What section are you in, I am in 7A. I have only been to 1 game where they lossed and that was 08 Penn State, not bad considering the ammount of games I have been to

7A Row 17, this is my buddies first actual game. He has been to several spring games but no actualy season games. I had an extra ticket to the Purdue game a couple years back, called him numerous times to see if he wanted to go, never answered. Was sitting at the game around halftime and he calls pissed cause he didnt feel his phone vibrating lol.

We're gonna make it an all day expierence, gonna go to Ohio Deli for lunch, walk over to mirror lake because he has never seen it, then to the Skull session before the game, over through Buckeye Grove and then to the game.

7A Row 17, this is my buddies first actual game. He has been to several spring games but no actualy season games. I had an extra ticket to the Purdue game a couple years back, called him numerous times to see if he wanted to go, never answered. Was sitting at the game around halftime and he calls pissed cause he didnt feel his phone vibrating lol.

We're gonna make it an all day expierence, gonna go to Ohio Deli for lunch, walk over to mirror lake because he has never seen it, then to the Skull session before the game, over through Buckeye Grove and then to the game.

Nice - he should definitely enjoy that. And it'll be even better because it's a night game - just something awesome about it. It's kind of surreal, if you ask me. Hopefully, the weather holds out.

I think I'm going to pregame by destroying a few beers at BW3's in Grandview and then just walk over.

We're walking over to the stadium as well, my buddy lives on Kenny so we just park the car there. I totally agree that night games are way different feeling then day games. The weather is supposed to be partly cloudy, high of 49...yikes lol. Gonna be a cold one. BTW this is another "red out" so make sure your wearing some red. I found a badass picture from the 08 Penn State game, it made me a little giddy thinking about saturday

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/osuredout.jpg

We're walking over to the stadium as well, my buddy lives on Kenny so we just park the car there. I totally agree that night games are way different feeling then day games. The weather is supposed to be partly cloudy, high of 49...yikes lol. Gonna be a cold one. BTW this is another "red out" so make sure your wearing some red. I found a badass picture from the 08 Penn State game, it made me a little giddy thinking about saturday

Wow, that photo is fucking sick. It definitely gets me a little jacked. I had shitty ass seats for that game - we were stuck up under C deck with a very obstructed view (had one of those big, cement columns in our way).

Ah that sucks. I am actually going to have that picture blown up and do a commemrative picture thingy with it. Put my ticket under the picture and put the score up or something. hard to explain but easy to see in my head lol. Hopefully I can snap a couple sweet pictures saturday night. I am wanting to do a man cave once we buy a house and have it done up in Ohio State stuff.

That is bad ass... A big way to show the difference in football prestige... compared to Nippert: (but hey it's the 4th oldest stadium! (like that's worth anything))

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx127/3reppom/Nippert12.jpg?t=1273007139

35k capacity lawl....

Pretty sure that is just a promo picture (PhotoShop) put out by the university to ptomote the "Scarlet Out". Very cool either way, and it would definitely be awesome if it ended up looking like that.