Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Pretty sure that is just a promo picture (PhotoShop) put out by the university to ptomote the "Scarlet Out". Very cool either way, and it would definitely be awesome if it ended up looking like that.

Haha it was pretty damn close, although it prob is photoshopped because there was a group of Penn State fans in the lower left hand corner (flag pole side) all wearing white.

Here are some pics from the actual game:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/OSU%20vs%20Penn%20St/24.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/OSU%20vs%20Penn%20St/27.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/OSU%20vs%20Penn%20St/9.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/OSU%20vs%20Penn%20St/21.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was bounced from a bar during that game. What a terrible, terrible game.

I still hate Tressel for not challenging that opening score by Illinois.

Wasn't the actual score but I know what you're talking about. I remember how easily OSU scored on their first drive and Illinois was already looking down then they bust that big run and fumble it out of the end zone... had it been called correctly that probably would have been the game right there. I remember texting my Florida buddy about it the second it happened and said that the whole game changed on that play. He was just like... "Pfft... it's Ron Zook. You guys got this in the bag." Illinois also ran two illegal pick plays for TD's that game. I remember that was the first year of the BTN and they replayed that game probably 200 times between the end of the game and the next season because they didn't have much else. Would wake up and turn on my TV and go to the BTN and see that game on and just... :fuuuu:

Wasn't the actual score but I know what you're talking about. I remember how easily OSU scored on their first drive and Illinois was already looking down then they bust that big run and fumble it out of the end zone... had it been called correctly that probably would have been the game right there. I remember texting my Florida buddy about it the second it happened and said that the whole game changed on that play. He was just like... "Pfft... it's Ron Zook. You guys got this in the bag." Illinois also ran two illegal pick plays for TD's that game. I remember that was the first year of the BTN and they replayed that game probably 200 times between the end of the game and the next season because they didn't have much else. Would wake up and turn on my TV and go to the BTN and see that game on and just... :fuuuu:

Shit, sorry, that's right, they didn't score on that play I referenced.

Yeah, and thanks BTN for keeping the wound open and keeping a steady stream of salt pouring in...

Was hilarious that OSU still made it to the national title game that season. Such a bad year of college football.

I remember that, we were ranked around #6 or #7 I think and everyone above us lost the last week of the season. We should have never been in that game, though I'd rather go there and lose than not go at all.

getting ready for this weekend. i can tell you the atmosphere here this week (in wisconsin) is that everyone is pretty bummed out/surprised that they lost the game--almost to the point of despair. who knows what the players are feeling, other than the fact that their NC game hopes are done. i had the opportunity to come to columbus for the game, but decided not too. i've had bad luck at night games---watched the texas game, where we lost it in the end. and watched the wisconsin game last year. that was a tough one---hostile crowd, hostile game, even the people we went to the game with (close friends) were rubbing it in and talking shit.

That is bad ass... A big way to show the difference in football prestige... compared to Nippert: (but hey it's the 4th oldest stadium! (like that's worth anything))

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx127/3reppom/Nippert12.jpg?t=1273007139

35k capacity lawl....

The other difference, i can walk up drunk and just find a seat for free at Nippert when I was a student

WTF, seriously? Geez, great friends, LOL.

yeah, they were cool about it after a while. i will say that the campus area in madison is pretty cool. its a true college town---hundreds and hundreds of homes within 1 mile of the stadium and nearly every one had people outside tailgating for the game. we were having a great time leading up to the game. we even took a rickshaw from our tailgating location to the stadium--it was priceless.

it was a long drive (2 hours) home that night. to make the situation worse, i got to hear it from everyone in the office for the next couple weeks. i made a bet with one of my colleagues and had to wear a wisconsin sweatshirt for a few days in the office (although i got him back during basketball). patients were sending me semi-sarcastic sympathy cards. looking back, i guess its pretty funny. we had our inflatable brutus in our front yard every saturday, and hung a buckeye flag as well. needless to say, our brutus has not made an appearance yet this year, and i made no bets about the game

When Wisconsin scored I was like :fuuuu:

Then Braxton threw a deep ball and I was like :megusta:

Then the kickoff happened and I was like :dumb:

Then they called a penalty with 00 seconds on the clock... :yuno:

Now I have no voice, my blood pressure is up and Im all like :fuckyeah: I knew they would win all along

best game all season so far, I'm being optimistic but I think Wisconsin will come here with a hangover and may slip up, we held MSU to only 10pts

Umm Wisconsin is going to come in here and bitch slap OSU. Michigan State is on a pretty good roll right now I must admit. They have beat tOSU, Michigan and now Wisky in 3 weeks time.

How about Oklahoma getting bitch smacked, Big Game Bob is striking again

I love how all of a sudden every Buckeye fan thinks they are worthy of being in the conference championship game. We're not a good team at all!!!! Bicranium, look at all those things you just listed and think about that for a second, it took all those things to go wrong for MSU to beat Wisconsin. MSU is a much better team then tOSU is, tOSU will not beat Wisconsin next week.

AGAIN! I'm STILL being optimistic about this Buckeye team to make the B1G Ten Championship game! and for you negative Nancy's maybe you'll stop being such buzz kills.......O-H

This is to all the guys that said I was wrong and Ohio State would have a losing record. O' ye of little faith... We will not lose 3 more games this season. Michigan will give us a headache but we are not going out negative. 7-5 on a rebuilding year... I'll take it!