Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

I watched the game, in fact I have watched 4 LSU games and 3 Bama games and have been saying all year that Bama is not that good and Richardson is over rated. He is the best back in the country simply because its a terrible year for running backs. Name me 1 other back in the country that is a sure fire first rounder. LSU has the best defense in the country I am not going to disptue that, go back and read my previous post Phil, I give their secondary mad props. In fact I think #7 should be a real contendor for the Heisman. However I don't feel either of those 2 teams have a real great offense.

A rematch should not be allowed, they have never allowed it before in the past, so why make an exception now, because its the SEC? If thats the case then that is total bullshit and a slap in the face of college football by the NCAA and BCS.

Bicranium, what is your real name btw lol. My first sentence was aimed at if Boise had OSU's talent they would continue winning because in my opinion they have great coaching. They do far more with far less then any other school in the country.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

based on your list of games

Va Tech beats GT

Nebraska beats Penn State

Boise beats TCU

Georgia beats Auburn

Stanford beats Oregon

Michigan beats Illinois

i really hope the Big East loses their automatic BCS bid

they do not, and will not have any quality teams to make it worthy

i also hope that Boise joins a big boy conference. i do believe that they have shined soo much in the past 5 years that recruiting would go through the roof for them. and they WOULD STILL BE a perennial power.

J.R.

based on your list of games

Va Tech beats GT

Nebraska beats Penn State

Boise beats TCU

Georgia beats Auburn

Stanford beats Oregon

Michigan beats Illinois

i really hope the Big East loses their automatic BCS bid

they do not, and will not have any quality teams to make it worthy

i also hope that Boise joins a big boy conference. i do believe that they have shined soo much in the past 5 years that recruiting would go through the roof for them. and they WOULD STILL BE a perennial power.

J.R.

I believe they are joining the Big East, I think Boise would be better served going to the Pac12 or Big12 honestly. I too feel the Big Least should lose their automatic birth, but who do you give it to? Or do you just make it a game for 2 teams in the top 12 that didn't make a BCS game? Such as when Wisconsin played TCU, Ohio State played Arkansas in BCS games yet 11-1 MSU played Bama in a non BCS game.

The LSU/Bama game was retarded boring. Fucking snooze fest. If it was a B10 game, everyone would be laughing and saying it's because everyone is slow and boring and retarded and slow. But because it's the SEC it's ZOMG BEST DEFENSES EVER!!1!!ONE

I'm about sick of the SEC fandom. I wonder, is this how people felt about Ohio State in 2006 right before they got demolished? I think everyone was hyping the shit out of them and then loved it when they got destroyed. Am I the only one hoping to see an SEC team get absolutely annhilated in a high profile game?

And what the hell is up with this rematch shit? If the OSU/Michigan game didn't warrant one, then I don't see how Bama gets another shot. Wait, yes I do, it's because Bama plays in the SEC, which is currently the second best division in the NFL. My bad, I forgot.

I watched the game, in fact I have watched 4 LSU games and 3 Bama games and have been saying all year that Bama is not that good and Richardson is over rated. He is the best back in the country simply because its a terrible year for running backs. Name me 1 other back in the country that is a sure fire first rounder. LSU has the best defense in the country I am not going to disptue that, go back and read my previous post Phil, I give their secondary mad props. In fact I think #7 should be a real contendor for the Heisman. However I don't feel either of those 2 teams have a real great offense.

A rematch should not be allowed, they have never allowed it before in the past, so why make an exception now, because its the SEC? If thats the case then that is total bullshit and a slap in the face of college football by the NCAA and BCS.

Bicranium, what is your real name btw lol. My first sentence was aimed at if Boise had OSU's talent they would continue winning because in my opinion they have great coaching. They do far more with far less then any other school in the country.

how can you say richardson isnt the best back? he is on the same pace if not better than ingram when he won the heisman. watching him run is just scary. the sec is by far the best confrence yr in and yr out. defensivly no other confrence is close. the hitting that was going on sat nite, was awesome. they were trying to kill eachother. the closest thing to that is the big ten and that has proven to be a consitent beat down. bama is a simple offense, run, dont turn it over, control clock. lsu is similar, and that wins championships. these high flying high scoring offenses, get crushed when playing sec defenses and thats why if ok state or boise gets one of those sec teams i can see blow outs. stanford may hang, but i still see them losing by 2 tds everyday of the week. esp if lsu gets to the ncg, in new orleans, psh, no one really has a chance except for bama.

The LSU/Bama game was retarded boring. Fucking snooze fest. If it was a B10 game, everyone would be laughing and saying it's because everyone is slow and boring and retarded and slow. But because it's the SEC it's ZOMG BEST DEFENSES EVER!!1!!ONE

I'm about sick of the SEC fandom. I wonder, is this how people felt about Ohio State in 2006 right before they got demolished? I think everyone was hyping the shit out of them and then loved it when they got destroyed. Am I the only one hoping to see an SEC team get absolutely annhilated in a high profile game?

And what the hell is up with this rematch shit? If the OSU/Michigan game didn't warrant one, then I don't see how Bama gets another shot. Wait, yes I do, it's because Bama plays in the SEC, which is currently the second best division in the NFL. My bad, I forgot.

+1 on everything stated here.

these high flying high scoring offenses, get crushed when playing sec defenses...

True story, as much as I hate to admit it.

However, I think you could even take it one step further and say any high octane offense usually gets smoked when playing a really good defense. What comes to mind is Oregon's OMFG ITS UNSTOPPABLE FASTEST OFFENSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD versus Ohio State in the Rose Bowl.

:lol: this...

the only thing i can say is, mich and osu both got bashed in their bcs games. you cant really say there are 2 better teams in the country. yes it was boring from an offense stand point, but what did u expect when the 1st and 2nd rated defenses were going against ball control offenses?

:lol: this...

the only thing i can say is, mich and osu both got bashed in their bcs games. you cant really say there are 2 better teams in the country. yes it was boring from an offense stand point, but what did u expect when the 1st and 2nd rated defenses were going against ball control offenses?

I honestly expected there to be a bunch of scoring since it always seems - at least to me - that when SEC teams play each other their defenses have a tendency to not get off the bus. As good as LSU's defenses usually are year in and year out, Arkansas manages to hang like 4000 points on them every year.

how can you say richardson isnt the best back? he is on the same pace if not better than ingram when he won the heisman. watching him run is just scary. the sec is by far the best confrence yr in and yr out. defensivly no other confrence is close. the hitting that was going on sat nite, was awesome. they were trying to kill eachother. the closest thing to that is the big ten and that has proven to be a consitent beat down. bama is a simple offense, run, dont turn it over, control clock. lsu is similar, and that wins championships. these high flying high scoring offenses, get crushed when playing sec defenses and thats why if ok state or boise gets one of those sec teams i can see blow outs. stanford may hang, but i still see them losing by 2 tds everyday of the week. esp if lsu gets to the ncg, in new orleans, psh, no one really has a chance except for bama.

Umm I call Richardson over rated because he is...Idc what his stats are. Let me throw some stats at you

13 for 37 yards Kent State

17 for 77yards Tennesee

23 for 89 yards LSU

In my opinion the best back in the country and heisman hopeful should be able to put up bigger numbers against those teams. Sure he has games of 180 yards, against North Texas! The kid gets all sorts of hype simply because he plays in the SEC and they are the mightiest conference in all the land. I am just not a fan of the kid as I wasn't a fan of Ingram (btw hows he doing in the NFL against real defenses). He's not even in the top 5 leading rushers in terms of yardage either lmfao

Phil can you name me another running back in the country that will go in the first round or early 2nd?

I am more excited about the LSU/Arkansas game then I was "the game of the century" lmfao. Arkansas will hang points on LSU and then the media will spin it as either Arkansas having an amazing offense, LSU having a bad day or Bama was just off when they played LSU.

Umm I call Richardson over rated because he is...Idc what his stats are. Let me throw some stats at you

13 for 37 yards Kent State

17 for 77yards Tennesee

23 for 89 yards LSU

In my opinion the best back in the country and heisman hopeful should be able to put up bigger numbers against those teams. Sure he has games of 180 yards, against North Texas! The kid gets all sorts of hype simply because he plays in the SEC and they are the mightiest conference in all the land. I am just not a fan of the kid as I wasn't a fan of Ingram (btw hows he doing in the NFL against real defenses). He's not even in the top 5 leading rushers in terms of yardage either lmfao

Phil can you name me another running back in the country that will go in the first round or early 2nd?

I am more excited about the LSU/Arkansas game then I was "the game of the century" lmfao. Arkansas will hang points on LSU and then the media will spin it as either Arkansas having an amazing offense, LSU having a bad day or Bama was just off when they played LSU.

arkansas hung points on them with an nfl ready qb. you cant say that he wasnt one of the best qbs in the country last yr. i dont see that happeneing again, and even if it does, lsu still will win because their offense isnt that bad. bama defense was that good. and when richardson is avg. 6.3 yac its hard to call him overrated. there are a few good backs, but this draft has been cock locked with andrew luck. its like he is the only player in all of cfb. they did the same thing to keller last yr. i can see your hate for the sec is bias, i dont really care who does what, but looking at the games, that was the fastest game ive seen all yr. that game showed that sec speed everyone talks about. you cant say that it wasnt cool to watch how well they reacted to every single play every single down for 60 min.

DATE OPP RESULT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD

9/3 Kent State W 48-7 13 37 2.8 10 3 1 16 16.0 16 0

9/10 @Penn State W 27-11 26 111 4.3 22 2 4 19 4.8 7 0

9/17 North Texas W 41-0 11 167 15.2 71 3 1 1 1.0 1 0

9/24 Arkansas W 38-14 17 126 7.4 31 0 3 85 28.3 61 1

10/1 @Florida W 38-10 29 181 6.2 36 2 2 27 13.5 22 0

10/8 Vanderbilt W 34-0 19 107 5.6 24 1 2 1 0.5 2 0

10/15 @Ole Miss W 52-7 17 183 10.8 76 4 2 30 15.0 15 0

10/22 Tennessee W 37-6 17 77 4.5 16 2 3 33 11.0 22 0

11/5 LSU L 9-6 (OT) 23 89 3.9 24 0

lets not leave out the whole story of stats chief. thats the real deal

I dont have a bias against the SEC, I have a bias against the nutswingers. I have given LSU's defense tons of praise in previous post. I don't think Bama's defense is on par with LSU's. I know the stats say they are, but have you looked at Bamas schedule? If we're going by stats then you're saying Temple is on par with LSU and Bama, I mean Temple has the 3rd best defense by the stats in the NCAA lol.

I agree that Mallett was an NFL ready qb, but there have been years past when Arkansas didn't have the NFL talent yet still hung points up on LSU. Its unexplainable but it happens. Like I said I don't see LSU losing so a lot of this arguing is for nothing lol. I don't think Bama should get a rematch, they had their chance and lost. What happens if they were to get to the NCG against LSU and win, are they still the best team? I mean LSU has 1 victory and Bama has 1 victory, do they play a 3rd for the tie breaker?

I dont have a bias against the SEC, I have a bias against the nutswingers. I have given LSU's defense tons of praise in previous post. I don't think Bama's defense is on par with LSU's. I know the stats say they are, but have you looked at Bamas schedule? If we're going by stats then you're saying Temple is on par with LSU and Bama, I mean Temple has the 3rd best defense by the stats in the NCAA lol.

I agree that Mallett was an NFL ready qb, but there have been years past when Arkansas didn't have the NFL talent yet still hung points up on LSU. Its unexplainable but it happens. Like I said I don't see LSU losing so a lot of this arguing is for nothing lol. I don't think Bama should get a rematch, they had their chance and lost. What happens if they were to get to the NCG against LSU and win, are they still the best team? I mean LSU has 1 victory and Bama has 1 victory, do they play a 3rd for the tie breaker?

saban and myles fight to the death :lol: if ok state and stanford goes undefeated then id say no they shouldnt rematch. but i see ok state losing to oklahoma, and stanford is prolly gonna lose to oregon. at no point does boise deserve to play for the ncg unless everyone else bombs out.

Agreed completely on why Bama doesn't get another shot - you couldn't even beat LSU at home. And, yeah, what happens if Bama wins? Okay, LSU 1, Bama 1, national champion is ??

Yeah, I think Oklahoma is going to beat Ok State, and I wouldn't be surprised if Oregon handles Stanford.

And LOL @ Phil's comment about Luck having the draft cock-locked. True fucking story right there. Is there even going to be a draft this year? I'm pretty sure everyone is showing up to watch Luck walk out on the stage and then immediately leaving.

Lmfao i'd put my money on Miles in that situation. He is the madhatter and would pull some ridiculous manuever out of his ass to win that fight. I can see Oklahoma State and Stanford both losing, hell I have Stanford losing to Oregon this weekend. It'll be a cluster fuck at the end of the year. Most experts seem to think Oklahoma is in position to leap frog everyone if they win out and Stanford loses based on strength of schedule.

Lmfao i'd put my money on Miles in that situation. He is the madhatter and would pull some ridiculous manuever out of his ass to win that fight. I can see Oklahoma State and Stanford both losing, hell I have Stanford losing to Oregon this weekend. It'll be a cluster fuck at the end of the year. Most experts seem to think Oklahoma is in position to leap frog everyone if they win out and Stanford loses based on strength of schedule.

oklahoma :lol: they will get blown out because stoops always finds a way to lose the big game. and yes i agree, miles would prolly bite sabans dick off for his nc.

Peyton Manning for MVP should the Colts get the #1 pick. Lets just hope he turns into Peyton v.2 not Ryan Leaf v.2

i would love to see luck go to the colts and learn from manning for 3 years, and turn out like a rodgers. people that say the colts should trade manning are so dumb. sit luck for 3 years while payton lives out his last days and teaches luck and they cant keep operating at the same pace.

Whoever says the colts should trade Peyton are fucking morons. He is the 2nd best qb in the NFl and could be argued for 1st if only he'd win another superbowl or 2. He is the head coach for fucks sake lol.

BTW a hot rumor is Tressell is supposedly going to replace Caldwell in Indy next year.

Whoever says the colts should trade Peyton are fucking morons. He is the 2nd best qb in the NFl and could be argued for 1st if only he'd win another superbowl or 2. He is the head coach for fucks sake lol.

BTW a hot rumor is Tressell is supposedly going to replace Caldwell in Indy next year.

tressell isnt replacing caldwell, he will be given another chance when mannning gets back. and id say manning is the best qb of all time. brady went out and they won 11 games. manning goes out they aint won dick. manning has more control of that offense, and is responsible for the defense as well. he may be the smartest player of all time, and if they trade him then that gm should be shot with a .22 18x. brady is a product of the system, a great product, but manning, well he is the whole system.

but manning, well he is the whole system.

Manning is an offensive coordinator on the actual field of play. The offense he runs is so complex that other NFL QB's can't even implement it.

Manning is one of my favorite players, ever. Super smart, very classy, and an excellent player.