Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Indy has had many more injuries than just Manning too, I think having Freeney out hurt a ton too. I don't think many teams could do much if their 1st string RB, QB and Best DE were out.

hey, they had kerry collins.....

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning is an offensive coordinator on the actual field of play. The offense he runs is so complex that other NFL QB's can't even implement it. Manning is one of my favorite players, ever. Super smart, very classy, and an excellent player.

so true, how many qbs, have 7-9 different options per down? have you heard his huddle play calling? its like 45 min long.

Last I read he has 3 options and he picks at the line.

on hbo last year they showed their huddle with the voice close ups, and they were talking about him having like 9 pays, and listening to him in the huddle i would have been so lost

on hbo last year they showed their huddle with the voice close ups, and they were talking about him having like 9 pays, and listening to him in the huddle i would have been so lost

9 calls to me would be 3 plays, each play has 3 calls I thought? 1 for the offensive line 2nd for receivers, and 3rd for RBs.

9 calls to me would be 3 plays, each play has 3 calls I thought? 1 for the offensive line 2nd for receivers, and 3rd for RBs.

could be, idk just listening to them in the huddle it sounded like a bio chemist lecture

The call you hear in the huddle is telling the line what blocking scheme they are supposed to do, what route each reciever is supposed to run and to the back it tells who he is supposed to block if its a passing play or what play to run if its a running play. We used the same terminology in highschool, it sounds confusing but once you learn the language and understand the playbook it just falls into place. Hell we had the same type of calls on defense. Where it gets real tricky is when an audible is called

Phil its been a hot rumor for the last couple weeks, I agree that Caldwell should get a chance but its a what have you done for me lately type league. They don't care if Manning is out, they are supposed to win regardless, its a business not a great place for job security lol.

Manning is my favorite QB of all time as well, right behind him is Brett Favre and probablly Mike Vick. I was never a fan of guys like Elway or Marino for whatever reason.

Lmfao @ Big game Bob, what a fucking joke. Yeah he's real clutch, for the other team!

It does sound crazy. I love when Gruden asks young QBs to just say the plays, some have a hard time just saying the play call, let alone understanding it and executing the play.

Did you see the one with Pryor? Dude was way more knowledgable about play calling than I would have though, and the reads Tressel and Bollman required were more than I thought too.

Probably one of the reasons that QB's weren't just "turned loose" right away under them.

QB is a hard ass position to play. Aside from having to make all the right calls and reads, your required to do that with several 250+lb men running full steam wanting to take your head off. I played qb for 1 series in practice in like 7th grade. It was at that point I realized I liked hitting more then I liked being hit. It didn't help I was like 5'2 120lbs in 7th grade lol. Pryor was a good quarterback, he is just hated for his off the field stuff and the selfish image that has been cast upon him by the media and fans. People were bitching that Braxton wasn't being played early on and I argued that he most likely wasn't ready in terms of the psychological stuff that goes along with the qb position. Same thing is being said right now about Ryan Shazier (linebacker for osu that everyone is demanding play), he looks good on special teams where his only job is run full speed and knock someones head off. No one but the coaches know how well the kid is in coverage or reading his keys. Fans only see the big shit on tv (highlight hits, interceptions, td's), but few have any idea about the small stuff that goes into making the big things possible.

So my Bearcats are now ranked in the BCS @ 23... another come from behind win... I am going to have a heart attack if this keeps up.

Regarding the BE losing their AQ.... I do have a lot of concern with this, with the leaving of WVU and Pitt, but saying the BE is/has been horrible is not fair IMO... The BE has had a winning (overall) bowl game record the last 4 years, with a record of 17-6 dating back to 2006 and they have won their BCS bowl games 6 of the last 10 years. (granted half of those were Miami, who defected). My bearcats probably put the worst credibility to the league with the disaster that was the 09 season Sugar Bowl, which i have discussed already.

However, if you include and look at season games I would argue the BE has shown it is competitive. ND lost to a struggling USF team, and though UC lost to Tenn, it was a very competitive game (and they beat ACC NCS who was looking good at the time). Loisville beat bottom SEC dwellers of UK, and held close with UNC. Rutgers also lost a very close game to UNC. Even bad UConn lost very very close games against the SEC and B12. In fact the BE team that did the worst out of conference is Pitt, who is leaving.

Their overall out of conference record this season is a poor 5-10 (5 of those losses to the teams leaving the conference):

against ACC: 3-2

against SEC: 1-3

against ND: 1-1

against P12: 0-2

against B12: 0-2

Looking at overall bodies of work since 2000 against:

ACC: 38-48 (15-16 all time in bowl games)

B1G: 11-19 (2-1 all time in bowl games)

Big 12: 14-9 (8-7) all time in bowl games)

SEC: 19-13 (8-7 all time in bowl games)

P12: 7-11 (2-5 all time in bowl games)

So, are they a dominate force in football? Not even close, but I would still say they are competitive. but that's just my opinion, and hoping and dreaming we dont lose our AQ...

The call you hear in the huddle is telling the line what blocking scheme they are supposed to do, what route each reciever is supposed to run and to the back it tells who he is supposed to block if its a passing play or what play to run if its a running play. We used the same terminology in highschool, it sounds confusing but once you learn the language and understand the playbook it just falls into place. Hell we had the same type of calls on defense. Where it gets real tricky is when an audible is called

Phil its been a hot rumor for the last couple weeks, I agree that Caldwell should get a chance but its a what have you done for me lately type league. They don't care if Manning is out, they are supposed to win regardless, its a business not a great place for job security lol.

Manning is my favorite QB of all time as well, right behind him is Brett Favre and probablly Mike Vick. I was never a fan of guys like Elway or Marino for whatever reason.

Lmfao @ Big game Bob, what a fucking joke. Yeah he's real clutch, for the other team!

i played at dayton and we ran a spread o and it wasnt nearly the same language manning was giving lol. i should try and find the bite, it wasnt like 1 play, he rattled off 3-5 plays, went to the line, called a play, changed out of that and went to 2 differnet plays until the d was confused. it was crazy

Did you see the BCS show last night when his kids kept poking their heads into the sight of the camera. It was funny as shit because he had no clue and it took Chris Fowler (believe it was fowler) to tell him that his kids were being shown. He laughed it off as he turned 20 shades of red.

Yeah, it's really not that bad unless you've heard him talking about it like I did earlier on 97.1. The whole time Fowler is talking to him Herbie is just listening to his on-site producer telling him what just happened and that it's going to be OK...lol. His eyes go wide with the actual quake then he's just biting his lip non-stop wanting to get the heck out of there. Then he calms back down and talks football.

So I mentioned earlier that I am getting Mike Doss's autograph for my kid this weekend. Well Troy Smith is going to be signing up in Warren/Youngstown at their mall, they want $35 for small items and $45 for bigger ones, can you imagine people giving you $45 to sign something. I am in the wrong damn business, he signs 100 things thats atleast $3500, I imagine he could do 100 autographs in an hour or a little more then an hour lmfao.