Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I mentioned earlier that I am getting Mike Doss's autograph for my kid this weekend. Well Troy Smith is going to be signing up in Warren/Youngstown at their mall, they want $35 for small items and $45 for bigger ones, can you imagine people giving you $45 to sign something. I am in the wrong damn business, he signs 100 things thats atleast $3500, I imagine he could do 100 autographs in an hour or a little more then an hour lmfao.

Mike Doss comes in my comm class every so often. He is good friends with my prof.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't pay for anyones autograph though. I think it has more to do with my dads business always dealin with athletes and seeing them around. I'll meet them and have things signed for friends, but I don't personally have interest in it for me.

Im honestly curious, is it something you guys would put in a case on display? Or sell on eBay or what?

I am putting them all in my sons room. We are going to eventually change it over from being a nursery baby setting to a OSU theme. I have a few other players autographs and just think it'd be cool for him to have all these former Buckeye players autographs hanging around or chilling on shelves.

Mike Doss comes in my comm class every so often. He is good friends with my prof.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't pay for anyones autograph though. I think it has more to do with my dads business always dealin with athletes and seeing them around. I'll meet them and have things signed for friends, but I don't personally have interest in it for me.

Im honestly curious, is it something you guys would put in a case on display? Or sell on eBay or what?

after working out with some of the guys and other stuff, i have no use for an autograpgh ever. its just another person to me.

I am putting them all in my sons room. We are going to eventually change it over from being a nursery baby setting to a OSU theme. I have a few other players autographs and just think it'd be cool for him to have all these former Buckeye players autographs hanging around or chilling on shelves.

I can dig that, that's pretty cool.

Ha no shit!! Now the hot rumor is Urban Meyer to PSU if Paterno is fired. This has been a rumor for as long as him to tOSU has been, but now it could very well be a realistic destination for him. They get rid of the entire coaching staff and have nothing hanging over their heads from the NCAA vs OSU having unknown sanctions looming, plus the PSU job is not nearly as stressful as the Ohio State position. It'll be an interesting next couple of months for sure.

I still don't buy the whole shit of Urban being announced at the Duke game, best part of that rumor was the date it was supposedly going to happen was wrong. Anyone with credibility would atleast know the right date for the Ohio State vs Duke game, wouldnt they?

"sometime heros live long enough to become villains."

Joe Paterno should have retired long ago, he hasn't coached for years.

+1, he has been a mascot for the last 10 years or so, yet refuses to retire due to his own ego. The desire to be the winningest coach in cfb history has blinded him to the fact that his program is nowhere near what is used to be. Yes they are 8-1 currently, but thats about to become 8-4 very quickly as they end the season against real talent. They have not been able to land the recruits they once were simply because who wants to go to a school where your head coach could very well die right there on the field. If my son was 17-18 and deciding on what school to play at PSU wouldn't be in the top 25 places I would want him to go. That is before the rape allegations came out btw.

But we all know that raping little boys isnt as bad as selling your own items for tattoos....so they wont even have any repercussions

apples and oranges, raping is not an ncaa violation:gabe:

idk but i personally dont think he should be fired. what is his job??? to win football games, follow ncaa rules, and educate kids. if he let his superiors know the situation, then he did his part. if the university wants to do nothing then thats their problem. everyone is jumping on joe pa cause he is weak and easy to blame. why dont we blame the guy who saw the rape more? or the officer that told sandusky to stop showering with little boys?there is a ton of blame, and espn is going to kill paterno because he is the biggest name and the weakest man. its a sad day for his legacy.

Phil from all reports I have read Paterno helped in covering this whole situation up, thats why ESEC is having a field day with him and everyone is calling for his retirement/firing. His legacy has been gone for a few years now, he is a laughing stock for damn near everyone. Nobody actually believes he still coaches do they? If so then damn you might wanna come out from under that rock you've been hiding beneath. The man shit himself against OSU (litterally) and from there on it was just 1 joke after another. Now I am reading reports of him being asleep in the press box during games, hell when he was on the sidelines he didn't wear a headset, what college football or NFL coach doesn't wear a headset to know what the hell is going on in the game? He had no idea where he was half the time yet he's held in such high regards. He was a great coach 20 years ago..

Not sure how much of the whole Paterno knew about this is true because I have read conflicting reports. Some say he was told about the allegations, others say he was not aware of them. Regardless its not a good look for PSU as a whole

PSU = Pedophilia State University?

Seriously, this doesn't even come close to comparing to Ohio State's and Miami's situations. What we and Miami did isn't criminal; this shit that Sandusky is accused of doing can get you life in prison, literally.

PSU = Pedophilia State University?

Seriously, this doesn't even come close to comparing to Ohio State's and Miami's situations. What we and Miami did isn't criminal; this shit that Sandusky is accused of doing can get you life in prison, literally.

And if he's convicted lets hope that is what happens. He will most likely enjoy being a prison bitch though.

And if he's convicted lets hope that is what happens. He will most likely enjoy being a prison bitch though.

I'm sure you've heard the stories about prison though... even in a place filled with the scum of the earth, if you messed with a kid on the outside... you're gonna get fucked up.

apples and oranges, raping is not an ncaa violation:gabe:

idk but i personally dont think he should be fired. what is his job??? to win football games, follow ncaa rules, and educate kids. if he let his superiors know the situation, then he did his part. if the university wants to do nothing then thats their problem. everyone is jumping on joe pa cause he is weak and easy to blame. why dont we blame the guy who saw the rape more? or the officer that told sandusky to stop showering with little boys?there is a ton of blame, and espn is going to kill paterno because he is the biggest name and the weakest man. its a sad day for his legacy.

It is sad for his legacy but it is all deserved. There were crimes committed after he was told about what Sandusky was doing which could have been prevented had Paterno done what was right. That's the bottom line.