Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read that .pdf and its pretty terrible.

that being said, i feel bad for JoePa. he did what he probably thought was correct, reporting this sort of shit up the chain. its a shame his career will be smeared now over this. he deserves none of this.

He doesn't?

Reading something from a lawyer, JoePa did everything correctly initially. But not following up on it and continuing to allow Sandusky to use the Penn State program for his behavior for 8 YEARS is where it went very, very wrong and makes him deserve every bit of the criticism he receives for this.

Just read JoePa's retirement statement... "At this moment the Board of Trustees should not spend a single minute discussing my status." That dude has RUN that university for decades. He knew it wasn't handled properly after he reported it and did nothing about it hoping it would just go away. Now he's trying to preempt the BoT firing his ass and prevent an investigative committee from bringing any more crap regarding this that he probably just ignored to light. It's disgusting.

i read that .pdf and its pretty terrible.

that being said, i feel bad for JoePa. he did what he probably thought was correct, reporting this sort of shit up the chain. its a shame his career will be smeared now over this. he deserves none of this.

thank you, if you read the pdf it explains a shit ton more

I think the issue here is what people are morally or ethically supposed to do, not what they are legally or contractually obligated to do.

Legally and contractually, JoePa did what he was supposed to do. So, in this sense, by (my understanding of) the letter of the law, Phil's argument is correct: JoePa is not legally culpable. He acted in accordance with the law and his contractual obligations to his employer.

However, a much different conclusion of culpability can be reached if consideration is turned to the ethics of the matter. Was JoePa, or the graduate assistant, morally or ethically obligated to do more? Do we - as humans and a society that universally abhors pedophilia and sexual predation of children - have a moral obligation to do more in a situation like that beyond simply following the letter of the law? I'd say that a fair number of people would answer that in the affirmative, which thus makes JoePa and the graduate assistant (and all the others involved) culpable.

Its about time that Joe Pa goes. It was either he retire or die on the sideline (before this shit came out), now its either retire or be forced out and have your legacy destroyed even more. Isn't it funny how some top college coaches go out and their legacy's kinda destroyed in the process

Woody Hayes: Punches Clemson player and forced to resign

Jim Tressell: Lies to his bosses and is forced out

Joe Paterno: Knows about this shit and doesn't really do much to follow up on it, forced to retire

I laugh at those that think PSU will get hit by the NCAA, this is not a lack of institutional control issue or anything of the sorts. This will not affect PSU in terms of losing schollies, bowl bans ect

The fucked up part is, Jo Pa knew he was a molester and still using the penn st facilities 8 years later. Wouldn't you go to your boss a month or two later after reporting and say "bro did you not hear what I said?" Jo Pa just washed his hands of it. These are children he's a "coach" he failed at his position. Edited by Benjamin

Its about time that Joe Pa goes. It was either he retire or die on the sideline (before this shit came out), now its either retire or be forced out and have your legacy destroyed even more. Isn't it funny how some top college coaches go out and their legacy's kinda destroyed in the process

Woody Hayes: Punches Clemson player and forced to resign

Jim Tressell: Lies to his bosses and is forced out

Joe Paterno: Knows about this shit and doesn't really do much to follow up on it, forced to retire

I laugh at those that think PSU will get hit by the NCAA, this is not a lack of institutional control issue or anything of the sorts. This will not affect PSU in terms of losing schollies, bowl bans ect

qoute of the year

"sandusky cant buy a player a meal, becuase thats against ncaa rules, but he can fondle little boys and the ncaa will say, as long as he didnt give anything to a player no harm done"

I think the issue here is what people are morally or ethically supposed to do, not what they are legally or contractually obligated to do.

Legally and contractually, JoePa did what he was supposed to do. So, in this sense, by (my understanding of) the letter of the law, Phil's argument is correct: JoePa is not legally culpable. He acted in accordance with the law and his contractual obligations to his employer.

However, a much different conclusion of culpability can be reached if consideration is turned to the ethics of the matter. Was JoePa, or the graduate assistant, morally or ethically obligated to do more? Do we - as humans and a society that universally abhors pedophilia and sexual predation of children - have a moral obligation to do more in a situation like that beyond simply following the letter of the law? I'd say that a fair number of people would answer that in the affirmative, which thus makes JoePa and the graduate assistant (and all the others involved) culpable.

my only question is, why has sandusky not been killed yet by any of the parents. 1 of those 8 kids had to have told their parents wtf happened.

Yeah, I don't think I've seen anyone with a brain say anything about that but I'm sure there are some out there talking about it cluelessly. Regardless, this scandal will likely stick to PSU for years and cost them millions.

The fucked up part is, Jo Pa knew he was a molester and still using the penn st facilities 8 years later. Would to go to your boss a month or two later after reporting and say "bro did you not hear what I said?" Jo Pa just washed his hands of it. These are children he's a "coach" he failed at his position.

Exactly. He did everything right initially then failed on the follow up... FOR 8 YEARS.

if i found out my nephew was involved with this, oh at that point, being rational is out the window. slow death tactics would be on deck for that person.

Scaphism.

[quote name=

Scaphism.[/quote]

i just looked that up, and , ummm :barf: i would like to think, they are going to throw sandusky in a jail cell with an aids infected 290lb plus monster of a man and tell him hes not coming out until his anus is in his throat. and if the one cell mate got tired, then they would have someone else come in and help out.

I just read that (thanks Phil for emailing me the PDF) and wow!! Having a son myself I know what I would do if he came home and told me some dude did that to him. I'd be sitting right next to him the entire time we was in prison together. I wouldn't kill him, but boy i'd make him wish he were dead. Slowly cutting off his genitals seems like fair punishment on top of a prison term.

I don't think Joe Pa did anything wrong honestly, that report states he went the very next day and told his higher ups about it and they are the ones that pushed it to the side. Maybe Joe Pa felt they looked into it and didn't find anything worth while. Idk I am not Joe Paterno, but that could be the case here. Its the schools fault for allowing "Bircranium" (haha just kidding) this pedo to remain in the school with full access.

In terms of football program this doesn't fall on them, in terms of school admins being pieces of shit, its all on them.

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

I just read that (thanks Phil for emailing me the PDF) and wow!! Having a son myself I know what I would do if he came home and told me some dude did that to him. I'd be sitting right next to him the entire time we was in prison together. I wouldn't kill him, but boy i'd make him wish he were dead. Slowly cutting off his genitals seems like fair punishment on top of a prison term.

I don't think Joe Pa did anything wrong honestly, that report states he went the very next day and told his higher ups about it and they are the ones that pushed it to the side. Maybe Joe Pa felt they looked into it and didn't find anything worth while. Idk I am not Joe Paterno, but that could be the case here. Its the schools fault for allowing the fag and yes I use the word fag because thats what he is, to remain in the school with full access.

In terms of football program this doesn't fall on them, in terms of school admins being pieces of shit, its all on them.

DING DING DING, once reading the report it clears up a lot of issues. espn is pushing for paterno to be out right now and that plays on alot of people becuase most people have not read the report. i feel like paterno should be done after the season, but thats just because its a good season and if they go to a bcs game its a good way to finish. this publicity is insane blaming paterno for what that fuck did. paterno had a million things going on and he did his part in informing his superiors. the GA should have done somthing at the time, but heinsight is 20/20 i guess.

Phil PSU will not be going to a BCS game lets get that out in the open now. They will most likely be finishing 8-4 and heading to sometihng like the outback bowl. They play @ Nebraska, @Ohio State and then against Wisconsin.

I do agree that now is the time for him to leave, it honestly should've been in 05 when they went to the Orange Bowl and beat Bobby Bowden's FSU team though.

Should just use pedo. Calling him a homosexual slur is an insult to homosexuals no matter how you look at that lifestyle.

I guess my word choice could've been better but to me the word Fag doesn't apply to all gays...just like Bitch doesn't apply to all woman. I don't wanna turn this thread into another one of those type threads so i'll go back and edit it if that makes you happy

Phil PSU will not be going to a BCS game lets get that out in the open now. They will most likely be finishing 8-4 and heading to sometihng like the outback bowl. They play @ Nebraska, @Ohio State and then against Wisconsin.I do agree that now is the time for him to leave, it honestly should've been in 05 when they went to the Orange Bowl and beat Bobby Bowden's FSU team though.

correction nebraksa @ penn st

@osu

@msu

@wisky

in no particular order.

this is funny and wrong but i found this qoute on ohio riders

"Older women that chase younger boys are called cougars.....

Older men that chase younger boys are Nittany Lions."

I don't get why he wants to stay, they will lose their last 3 games anyway....

we cant say that they will lose those games, psu may win 2/4. i think they will be in every game and have a good chance of beating all 4. dont sell the short, the only team they lost to was bama, and well, thats no slouch

Correction Phil, they don't play Michigan State. You are right about Nebraska being at Penn State though, regardless those are 3 losses on the horizon for Penn State. Their biggest win of the year has been a 10-7 victory over Illinois, they have played these teams

Indiana State

Temple

Eastern Michigan

They did face Alabama and get the shit kicked out of them though as well lol.