Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand where NFL players come from, but look at most teams that are successful at passing. They either 1. Have Andrew Luck or 2. Have a WR that can burn the DB's. You need a WR that can get seperation down the field, unless you believe a 1970 style offense can win in todays game, then by all means continue recruiting and playing slow WR's. I don't see OSU winning a lot of games next year by trying to rush the ball every single play and only completing 7 passes a game, but then again I have seen crazier things.

I understand where NFL players come from, but look at most teams that are successful at passing. They either 1. Have Andrew Luck or 2. Have a WR that can burn the DB's. You need a WR that can get seperation down the field, unless you believe a 1970 style offense can win in todays game, then by all means continue recruiting and playing slow WR's. I don't see OSU winning a lot of games next year by trying to rush the ball every single play and only completing 7 passes a game, but then again I have seen crazier things.

I'm with you on that. It does make it easier to have a speedster, no doubt. The problem is Ted Ginns are rare in Ohio. We get a lot of 4.4, 4.3 guys, but true burners usually dont come here. As a running team we could pull it off, but it would have to be on the legs of Braxton, not a running back... but even then he would still have to complete about 10-15 passes to keep them honest. Thats whats missinng right now if you ask me. A few more completions and we have a Michael Vick situation in Ohio.

Changing topic for a second...

How about the BCS right now lol. #2 Oklahoma State=Loss, #4 Oregon=Losing by 14 at the half, #5 Oklahoma= Losing 10-3 currently, #7 Clemson=Loss to NC State

Ranking system wrong? Teams more evenly matched than before? Fluke? Players stayed up too late watching Twilight?

Mike Vick has a rocket for an arm and runs what a 4.3, neither of those things does Braxton do lol. I agree that a Ted Ginn type is hard to find, but even then i'd be happy with a Santonio Holmes type guy (he wasn't as fast as Ginn, but he could move). I think the biggest loss from last year is Dane Sanzenbacher, he was always open and was sneaky quick. If OSU could run an offense like Oregons that'd be fantastic. Quick hitting slants over the middle, a mobile qb, running backs that hit a hole and just go and then they hit you deep when you're least expecting it.

Getting back on Urban for a second, I think a lot of my dislike from the guy comes from my fellow OSU fans. I seriously hate how everyone is so quick to think that he will just come in and win National Championships. If he does great, I'll have reason to celebrate, if he doesn't I just wanna be the first to say I told you so.

Mike Vick has a rocket for an arm and runs what a 4.3, neither of those things does Braxton do lol. I agree that a Ted Ginn type is hard to find, but even then i'd be happy with a Santonio Holmes type guy (he wasn't as fast as Ginn, but he could move). I think the biggest loss from last year is Dane Sanzenbacher, he was always open and was sneaky quick. If OSU could run an offense like Oregons that'd be fantastic. Quick hitting slants over the middle, a mobile qb, running backs that hit a hole and just go and then they hit you deep when you're least expecting it.

Getting back on Urban for a second, I think a lot of my dislike from the guy comes from my fellow OSU fans. I seriously hate how everyone is so quick to think that he will just come in and win National Championships. If he does great, I'll have reason to celebrate, if he doesn't I just wanna be the first to say I told you so.

Yup, I know hes no Michael Vick, there is only only one. I meant as shifty as he is with consistent completions he would put fear in other defenses. Right now no body is worried about his arm.

Urban might be able to pull it off. Just needs a little of that 2002 luck :fuckyeah:

Doesn't every coach give a team a shot at NC's? Its the players responsibility to perform on the field. Last time I looked I didn't see any coaches on the field playing today or at any point this season. I think before jumping the gun and hiring Urban a lot of questions need to be answered to make sure he is the right man for the job. He needs to be 100% commited to the job and not just looking to boost his job resume and then leave in a year or 2. Is he healthy enough to handle the stress again, thats a major concern to me. Lastly, is he going to hold players to a higher level of responsibility then he did those at Florida?

Yes!! Holy shit, yes. haha Been saying all season USC's job is simply to ruin everyone else's season. At the same time, my PAC 12 pride is a bit hurt because now there is no strong pac 12 bowl presence. Well, as strong, anyway. But shit yeah, USC!

Lotta big upsets tonight and may still be some more.

#2,4,5,7 all go down in one weekend!! #9 is on the ropes against Cal too, wow its weekends like this why I absolutely love college football lol. RG3 is a monster, I am glad ABC switched over to the last 8 minutes of the Oklahoma/Baylor game.

BTW RG3 looks like Waka Flocka lol

USC is a solid team that you don't really hear about due to their sanctions. Another team that is winning is Georgia, their only loss was to Boise State.

:lolguy: when I was watching that yesterday morning I looked at my g/f and asked did Corso just say Fuck it on live television? she said the same so I had to rewind it and listen again, sure enough then the look on Herbstreit's face was classic

I am looking at this from a real world point of view. How many key drops have there been this year?

Miller is an insane talent and with good coaching he could be one of the best ever. He keeps plays alive and always has his eyes down field. I was impressed with what he did today keeping stuff going, but the recieves just cannot get open.

I was at the game yesterday and Posey was wide open several times there wasn't a Penn St player within 10-15 yards of him and Miller didn't even look his way, after the game was over we were leaving I was walking with some Penn St fans from Jeannette, Pennsylvania and they were telling me that they think B. Miller is a better QB than T. Pryor was, he just needs to grow up along with the young players, they also made the comment "well at least you guys will have Urban Meyer next year then you'll be the team to beat in the B1G again" then they were saying how they like the atmosphere at the Shoe, Ohio State is a great campus to watch a football at and all the Ohio State fans treated us with respect, they thanked me too, for what I don't know but it was good game even though we lost

Its a valid point though v8 beast. Tis team needs a burner I've said that all year. Next year there is no boom herron to rack up 150 yards. Hopefully this year has been a huge lesson for the entire team and maybe well be calling them the super sophs pt2 next year.

Btw usc is up 14 on oregon and barkley is on fire

he have Hyde to look forward too, if he can hold onto the ball

Edited by SinisterSS

#2,4,5,7 all go down in one weekend!! #9 is on the ropes against Cal too, wow its weekends like this why I absolutely love college football lol. RG3 is a monster, I am glad ABC switched over to the last 8 minutes of the Oklahoma/Baylor game.

BTW RG3 looks like Waka Flocka lol

USC is a solid team that you don't really hear about due to their sanctions. Another team that is winning is Georgia, their only loss was to Boise State.

Georgia lost their 1st 2 games but haven't lost since. TRIPPLE!! since no one else is in here

SS you're right they did start 0-2 and Richt was on the "hot seat" amazing what a 9 game winning streak does for a coach lol. I have been pretty unfair to Braxton lol, he's not the worst freshman qb ever at OSU, Art Sclishter (spell check) did throw 20 INTs as a freshman the year before winning a national championship, hopefully Braxton can do the same.

Hyde has looked decent, but man for being the fastest running back on the team he seems to get caught from behind an awful lot. Also his mouth was running wild a few games ago because he didn't get playing time, then yesterday he coughs it up. The running back position once looked to be absolutely loaded, now I am not so sure. You have Hall and Hyde for sure next year. After that you have a whole lot of questions. Will Berry be here? Is Smith going to remain at LB? Is Brionte Dunn gonna end up at Michigan? Is Warren Ball big enough to play in the B10?