Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

:wtf: you are becoming dumber by the day. lets look at his track record, bowling green ( winner) left for a better job, utah( winner) left for a better job. spend 7 years at fla and he stepped down because he had a fucking heart attack. idk how many people are going to continue to work at that kind of production level after having a heart attack from stressing out so much. osu is a much easier gig then fla was. the b10 isnt nearly as tough as the sec. he will be here for a while, hes never quit anywhere prior to his contract being up minus fla. and that was due to health reasons. buckeye fans are never satisfied, you have a rookie hc, and people say he sucks, you get a proven winner and you dont want him cause he beat the dog shit out of you in a ncg. wtf do you people want?

It's easy, we want guarantee SEVEN national championship if he's such hot stuff.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Josh, but he says crazy shit when it comes to Meyer.

And, like I said before, if we concede that Meyer is a "quitter" (which he isn't, for the record), then I'll take 2 NC's and 4 BCS bowl wins in 5 years and him "quitting" over 10 years, 1 NC, and my coach leaving in a disgrace because of a scandal any day.

Phil you're calling me dumb, you just said the Florida job was easier then the Ohio State job? You're a moron if you actually believe that. 1. Florida is a hotbed for recruiting, not hard to get the best talent to go to the home state school, Miami sucking and Florida State not being the same school frmo the 90s. 2. Ohio State fans are insane when it comes to football and will rip him to shreads the first time he goes 7-5. 3. Your math skills are fucking horrible, 2005-2010, thats 6 years , not 7 and hell the last year shouldn't even count since he wasn't really coaching. 4. He bailed on BG after 2 years, Utah after 2 and once Tebow was gone and Florida was back to mediocracy he couldn't handle that and bailed ship yet again. Mark it down, 3 years he'll be gone and we'll be looking for a new coach.

BTW he never had a heart attack, man your calling someone dumb is quite funny, but then again I don't expect a whole lot coming from a Michigan fan. I have never said Fickell sucks, in fact I have been one of the few that feel he should be kept on because in my opinion he's done well with what he's been given. Also I don't have sour grapes about Urban becasue Florida beat OSU, I have sour grapes towards him because he's a liar plain and simple. Ask any Florida fan how they feel about him now, he left because his health, then came back because he was healthy enough to do it. Then told a recruit that god told him they should be together in a dream, only to bail on that kid along with all other recruits, players and fans a year later because of health and wanting to spend time with his family. He then takes a job with ESPN, taking him away from his family. Now 1 year later he wants to coach Ohio State, so much for that family time, he still has a kid in middle school. His only health concern was the fact that Florida might be below average and he can't handle that!

He won't be setting himself up for any job, he'll just call it quits for good and go back to the booth!

BTW LJ it was in bright red under the press conference lol, then they followed it up by saying "the dispatch is reporting that Urban Meyer has signed a deal to become the next Ohio State head coach"

Some people didn't like John Coopers, most hated the way Tress coached, why is it so wrong that I am not an Urban Meyer fan?

It's easy, we want guarantee SEVEN national championship if he's such hot stuff.

:lol: idk about 7 lebron but look at what the sec has done to the b10 in the past 10 years. its not hard to see, the b10 is not as hard as the sec.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/11/report-urban-meyer-taking-ohio-state-job/1

this is 2 hrs ago. nothing is done you morons. it makes the reporters who are spouting off look like dumbasses as well. everyone wants to be the 1st one to report somthing but no one wants to wait until the correct info comes out

lol...ok.

Phil you're calling me dumb, you just said the Florida job was easier then the Ohio State job? You're a moron if you actually believe that. 1. Florida is a hotbed for recruiting, not hard to get the best talent to go to the home state school. 2. Ohio State fans are insane when it comes to football and will rip him to shreads the first time he goes 7-5. 3. Your math skills are fucking horrible, 2005-2010, thats 6 years , not 7 and hell the last year shouldn't even count since he wasn't really coaching. 4. He bailed on BG after 2 years, Utah after 2 and once Tebow was gone and Florida was back to mediocracy he couldn't handle that and bailed ship yet again. Mark it down, 3 years he'll be gone and we'll be looking for a new coach.

BTW he never had a heart attack, man your calling someone dumb is quite funny, but then again I don't expect a whole lot coming from a Michigan fan. I have never said Fickell sucks, in fact I have been one of the few that feel he should be kept on because in my opinion he's done well with what he's been given. Also I don't have sour grapes about Urban becasue Florida beat OSU, I have sour grapes towards him because he's a liar plain and simple. Ask any Florida fan how they feel about him now, he left because his health, then came back because he was healthy enough to do it. Then told a recruit that god told him they should be together in a dream, only to bail on that kid along with all other recruits, players and fans a year later because of health and wanting to spend time with his family. He then takes a job with ESPN, taking him away from his family. Now 1 year later he wants to coach Ohio State, so much for that family time, he still has a kid in middle school. His only health concern was the fact that Florida might be below average and he can't handle that!

He won't be setting himself up for any job, he'll just call it quits for good and go back to the booth!

BTW LJ it was in bright red under the press conference lol, then they followed it up by saying "the dispatch is reporting that Urban Meyer has signed a deal to become the next Ohio State head coach"

The Florida job is easier than the Ohio State job. :confused:

And Florida fans are fucking stupid for ripping on Meyer. Just completely fucking dumb. The guy had Florida owning the SEC, brought in two national championships, and was the sole reason why pundits consider Florida to have been one of the few teams to be in consideration for "Team of the Decade" (along with USC, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Texas).

Some people didn't like John Coopers, most hated the way Tress coached, why is it so wrong that I am not an Urban Meyer fan?

We hated on Cooper because he choked in big games and we hated on Tressel because his game-planning was boring.

You're hating on Meyer for personal reasons for secondary to conjecture.

The Florida job is easier than the Ohio State job. :confused:

And Florida fans are fucking stupid for ripping on Meyer. Just completely fucking dumb. The guy had Florida owning the SEC, brought in two national championships, and was the sole reason why pundits consider Florida to have been one of the few teams to be in consideration for "Team of the Decade" (along with USC, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Texas).

A lot of people "blame" Dan Mullens for Urban's success.. he was with him at BG, Utah and Fl, but left for Miss St coaching job

Yeah check out their scout forum its blowing up with more hatred and venom being spewed then I could ever think of spouting off lol. If Urban last longer then 3 years i'll not only be suprised, i'll be eating crow, so be it lol.

If Urban turns Braxton into Tim Tebow(ish, like) then again i'll be suprised and eating crow. If Urban wins a NC i'll be celebrating, but then i'll quickly go back to not liking the guy lol.

I just find it funny that when talking about Urban no one but me remembers his 9-3, 9-4 and 8-5 records. Sure he had 3 others where he went 13-1, but again fans will grill him the first time he has one of his bad seasons. Hell his 9-4 season was when Tebow won the fucking Heisman, how do you lose 4 games while a qb on your teams scores over 60TD's? Oh yeah tahts the year he lost to Michigan as well, 0-1 vs the rival lol. Also I hate how he's given credit for Utah being "good" but those same people would argue that Boise plays nobody...irony.

Except they haven't reported that

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/sports/2011/11/23/meyer-to-coach-ohio-state.html

Basically just says that they are going to sit down and fianlize things aka signing a deal

This just in guys, not only has Urban Meyer signed the contract already, and bought a house in Upper Arlington, a house in Dublin, a house in Powell, and a house by Miller/Kelton, but he surgically replaced his testicles with swollen buckeyes, and pledged an unholy allegiance to the dark lord of football guaranteeing us no less than 2 championships. That's commitment.

Pending some health concerns, or family. Or something.

Phil you're calling me dumb, you just said the Florida job was easier then the Ohio State job? You're a moron if you actually believe that. 1. Florida is a hotbed for recruiting, not hard to get the best talent to go to the home state school. 2. Ohio State fans are insane when it comes to football and will rip him to shreads the first time he goes 7-5. 3. Your math skills are fucking horrible, 2005-2010, thats 6 years , not 7 and hell the last year shouldn't even count since he wasn't really coaching. 4. He bailed on BG after 2 years, Utah after 2 and once Tebow was gone and Florida was back to mediocracy he couldn't handle that and bailed ship yet again. Mark it down, 3 years he'll be gone and we'll be looking for a new coach.

you dont read well. i said osu was easier than florida. how many reasons do you go to the hospital with extreme chest pains and a heart valve defect? its pretty much a heart attack genius. and not many teams go 10 wins every single year, look at texas, usc, oklahoma ect ect. teams will have down years, its going to happen. he didnt bail cause it got to hard he left for health reasons. you do know that you can get better with time off correct? he has been relaxing and taking it easy, but with any competitive person, you will want to get back to what you love to do. compete. but being for that shit hole your from i wouldnt expect much either, cause living there means you pretty much quit on life. maybe he really did have a dream that recruit was playing for himi. he is clearly a very religous person, you cant say weather he did or didnt. you werent there. fickell did what he could with what he had, and like i said, i think they gave 100% of what they had. they came up short, it happens. hopefully fickell stays on as the d cordinator. as a fan you should be excited as hell that one of the top 3 coaches in all of college football will be your teams coach. your short sighted and cant get past your own personal opinion of the situation. if he wins a nc i dont even want to see you post on how awesome meyer is. i want you to keep saying that hes a quiter and a shit box recruiter. i dont ever want to hear you say anything positive no matter how well he does. i will lose all respect for you at that point.

BTW this is all one giant public relations clusterfuck

Yeah, I don't know what to make of it...lol. Some people are saying this is exactly what OSU wanted because it's generating a TON of buzz right now. But there is still The Game this weekend and there is still another staff currently in charge. Once again I'm left saying... who knows? lol

Yeah, I don't know what to make of it...lol. Some people are saying this is exactly what OSU wanted because it's generating a TON of buzz right now. But there is still The Game this weekend and there is still another staff currently in charge. Once again I'm left saying... who knows? lol

NO ONE :doh:

Can't use BG and Utah as an example of quitting. It's called moving up after having success. No one at either school expected him to stay. Did JT quit on YSU? No, he moved up. They all do.

Nah man, he bailed on BGSU. He could have turned them into a national powerhouse. Going from BGSU to Utah to Florida... all lateral moves.

you dont read well. i said osu was easier than florida.

Umm isn't that the same thing I posted, and then me and Tilley countered by asking if you was serious. Maybe it's you that doesn't read very well to go along with your lack of math skills....just saying. You also stated he had a heart attack, yeah that never happened, google it if you want. He had chest pains from stress supposedly, thats definitley not a heart attack, but if it makes you feel better inside we'll call it one.

No one said Urban couldn't recruit, I just said I don't like some of the tactics he used to persuade recruits. I will never say "Urban is the man", so don't worry about that.

Tress was at YSU for 7 years? I am well aware that coaches use small schools to move up, however its just lame that he chose to do it once his star players were gone. That is my #1 gripe with Meyer, not the fact that he left BGSU or Utah, but how he was gone as soon as his best player was gone as well, and then appeared to have followed suit at Florida once Tebow was gone and he realized "oh fuck maybe Jeff Brantley isn't that good".

Now if you'll excuse me I must go back to cutting myself after hearing the news about Urban, I mean after all I am an "emo fan"...

Umm isn't that the same thing I posted, and then me and Tilley countered by asking if you was serious. Maybe it's you that doesn't read very well to go along with your lack of math skills....just saying. You also stated he had a heart attack, yeah that never happened, google it if you want. He had chest pains from stress supposedly, thats definitley not a heart attack, but if it makes you feel better inside we'll call it one.

No one said Urban couldn't recruit, I just said I don't like some of the tactics he used to persuade recruits. I will never say "Urban is the man", so don't worry about that.

Tress was at YSU for 7 years? I am well aware that coaches use small schools to move up, however its just lame that he chose to do it once his star players were gone. That is my #1 gripe with Meyer, not the fact that he left BGSU or Utah, but how he was gone as soon as his best player was gone as well, and then appeared to have followed suit at Florida once Tebow was gone and he realized "oh fuck maybe Jeff Brantley isn't that good".

They came knocking at his door after his success don't ya think?

Again I understand how it works, really its not even the fact of Utah and BGSU, its the Florida thing that made me dislike him the most. You're not healthy, then you are, then your team isn't as good as everyone thought (pre season #4), now you're having health issues again, but in a year you've healed up enough to leave your family (another reason you walked away) and take on an even more stressful job....

:wtf: you are becoming dumber by the day. lets look at his track record, bowling green ( winner) left for a better job, utah( winner) left for a better job. spend 7 years at fla and he stepped down because he had a fucking heart attack. idk how many people are going to continue to work at that kind of production level after having a heart attack from stressing out so much. osu is a much easier gig then fla was. the b10 isnt nearly as tough as the sec. he will be here for a while, hes never quit anywhere prior to his contract being up minus fla. and that was due to health reasons. buckeye fans are never satisfied, you have a rookie hc, and people say he sucks, you get a proven winner and you dont want him cause he beat the dog shit out of you in a ncg. wtf do you people want?

what is hard to understand about that? i bet you have an urban meyer schrine at your house. i wouldnt be suprised if you go on ebay and buy a pair of urban meyer worn underwear. you prolly have a tim tebow jersey.

Again I understand how it works, really its not even the fact of Utah and BGSU, its the Florida thing that made me dislike him the most. You're not healthy, then you are, then your team isn't as good as everyone thought (pre season #4), now you're having health issues again, but in a year you've healed up enough to leave your family (another reason you walked away) and take on an even more stressful job....

osu job is not harder than florida. fact.

bama lsu ga > mich st, wisconsin, michigan, penn state...

and we saw how osu faired against fla.

osu job is not harder than florida. fact.

bama lsu ga > mich st, wisconsin, michigan, penn state...

and we saw how osu faired against fla.

They are both major programs with the same pressure to perform at a high level or you're out. And you can't use the NC as an example. Anyone who watched Fla and tOSU that year knows that Fla played the perfect game and the month and a half off killed the Buckeyes. Fla wasn't that dominant that year all season.

Wait, alittlelessordinary is trying to say OSU is a harder job? Are you jerking my dick off with sandpaper? Florida schools are cyclical. There's a reason OSU is a top 3 job in the country and Florida, FSU and Miami aren't despite Florida having one of the best talent pools in the country. They all have to compete against each other for recruits. OSU owns Ohio and picks who they want for the most part from surrounding states which are also rich in football talent. And OSU is now about to show that they have the financial means to compete with anyone in the country as far as putting a staff together is concerned. Texas is #1 then Alabama and OSU are 2a and 2b for the exact same reasons. All discussed in my previous posts in this thread where we ranked the best jobs in the country.