Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michigan still needs help to get to the BCS. I think they're ranked 16th in the BCS but must be at least 14th (or higher) to be eligible for an at-large BCS bid.

Despite my rekindled hatred for Michigan, I hope they get an BCS at-large bid. More money and prestige for the B10.

Yeah, looking at the BCS rankings it would suck for Michigan to get in over Wisconsin or Michigan State. Obviously those teams fight for an automatic bid on Saturday but the loser shouldn't be punished for having the extra game against a better team. The loser should stay ahead of Michigan IMO but that probably won't happen. One of the downsides to having a conference title game.

I just find it so fucking funny that 2-3 years ago, every OSU fan hated Urban Meyer simply because he beat Ohio State. Now since he is coming to Ohio State he is some sort of fucking god?! It'd be like Cavs fans hating on LBJ but then welcoming him back with arms wide open.

Don't paint me with that wide brush. I hated Florida for beating us and I hated Florida fans for their annoying fucking "Gator chomp" cheer, but I never hated Meyer.

Yeah, looking at the BCS rankings it would suck for Michigan to get in over Wisconsin or Michigan State. Obviously those teams fight for an automatic bid on Saturday but the loser shouldn't be punished for having the extra game against a better team. The loser should stay ahead of Michigan IMO but that probably won't happen. One of the downsides to having a conference title game.

BUT

no matter what happens in the sec title game the ncg is pretty much set. bcs is trolling the world

So if Braxton is Urbans man then why is there rumors swirling that Jeff Driskel the freshman qb possibly looking into transferring to Ohio State

http://blog.blockonation.com/

BlockONation...lol. That guy is such a faggy douchebag. He's currently banned on Scout because all he does is steal info and not credit the source. I haven't seen Driskel as a transfer possibility from anyone credible yet. nevadabuck did say there is at least 1 Florida player who would look to transfer but didn't name that player or anyone else.

Another rumor from over a week ago was that if Meyer was named the HC that he may go after Gunner Kiel at QB (#1 QB in the country from Indiana). This isn't going to be like OSU under Tressel where they put all their eggs in one QB's basket (Pryor "scared" QB recruits off for 3 years and now Miller is here with no one in between). Remember at one time Cam Newton and Tim Tebow (2 future Heisman winners) were at Urban's disposal.

BUT

no matter what happens in the sec title game the ncg is pretty much set. bcs is trolling the world

Going to be yet another national title game that I barely watch. College football will be a lot more interesting in 2 years or so when OSU and potentially Michigan are running at full strength as well as USC.

BUT

+ a bunch

YAY FOR A SOLID MONTH OF ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL TALKING ABOUT HOW GREAT THE SEC IS AND HOW AMAZING IT IS THAT THE SEC HAS WON 765414240987766555 BCS NATIONAL TITLES IN A ROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I had to do the Gator Chomp while walking down high street (fucking bets). I actually thought Florida was the better team that night and that Urban out coached Tressell. I don't mind a coach with an ego and refusal to be mediocre as long as he is willing to stay and fix the issues, not bail and go into an announcing booth for a year!

Phil you're still mad that I wouldn't send you pics of my butthole on FB, don't lie!

Going to be yet another national title game that I barely watch. College football will be a lot more interesting in 2 years or so when OSU and potentially Michigan are running at full strength as well as USC.

who woulda thought lane kiffen would do well? i thought he was a mindless fucking twat, but the more you notice the situation over there the more you have to give him props. usc sanctions shit on osu, yet i still think they would rape osu in a game.

I had to do the Gator Chomp while walking down high street (fucking bets). I actually thought Florida was the better team that night and that Urban out coached Tressell. I don't mind a coach with an ego and refusal to be mediocre as long as he is willing to stay and fix the issues, not bail and go into an announcing booth for a year!

Phil you're still mad that I wouldn't send you pics of my butthole on FB, don't lie!

HAHAHAHA still waiting with dick in hand, lotion on stand by

OSU still has Cardale Jones coming in, and many feel he is going to be really good. He could redshirt next year, thus giving him 2 years seperation between he and Braxton. I didn't expect Gunner Keil to last at Indiana honeslty, it would've made for a great story but he is too talented to let them ruin his skills lol.

I won't be watching the NCG either if its LSU/Bama part deux. The first "game of the century" was lame as fuck and its bullshit that they are allowing this rematch. You know that brings up another point, who was one of the main people bitching about OSU/Michigan possibly having a rematch in 06....why that would be Urban Meyer :)

P.S. I hope Alabama beats LSU in the rematch, and I hope it's a really close game, so then everyone will freak out at how Alabama is national champion but yet lost to LSU at home.

oh the irony, if bama wins, i bet myles tries to fight saban after the game instead of a hands shake.

who woulda thought lane kiffen would do well? i thought he was a mindless fucking twat, but the more you notice the situation over there the more you have to give him props. usc sanctions shit on osu, yet i still think they would rape osu in a game.

His dad is the one that should be getting the credit over there. It never hurts to walk into a situation where you're loaded with talent and a highly ranked recruiting class already in place from the previous guy. I do think USC is on the right path and are a team to look out for next year (no sanctions in place as far as bowl games go). If Barkley stays, then look out they could be really good. That freshman wr they have (woods) is a monster.

OSU still has Cardale Jones coming in, and many feel he is going to be really good. He could redshirt next year, thus giving him 2 years seperation between he and Braxton. I didn't expect Gunner Keil to last at Indiana honeslty, it would've made for a great story but he is too talented to let them ruin his skills lol.

I won't be watching the NCG either if its LSU/Bama part deux. The first "game of the century" was lame as fuck and its bullshit that they are allowing this rematch. You know that brings up another point, who was one of the main people bitching about OSU/Michigan possibly having a rematch in 06....why that would be Urban Meyer :)

Will be interesting to see if Urban pulls any offers like Cardale. That would probably be a bad way to start off the Urban-Glenville relationship then again Glenville has been pretty shitty for players the last several years. And Kiel de-commited from Indiana a few weeks ago I think. Most think it's down to LSU and ND BUT his big relationship at LSU is with... Greg Studrawa. Potential OC for Urban here at OSU.

And of course Meyer didn't want an OSU-Michigan rematch. He wanted his team in the game...lol.

oh the irony, if bama wins, i bet myles tries to fight saban after the game instead of a hands shake.

Fight til the death man, we talked about this a couple weeks ago. Also talked about how can they be the real champion when they tied 1-1 for the year. Maybe this will end up being a good thing and get what many of fans are wanting, a playoff. Or this could be a really bad thing and just opening pandoras box for repeats of this shit every year for the SEC...

You know that brings up another point, who was one of the main people bitching about OSU/Michigan possibly having a rematch in 06....why that would be Urban Meyer :)

Yeah, but what point are you trying to make? Urban should have been lobbying exactly how he did - as it resulted in his team getting to play for (and ultimately winning) a NC.

BECAUSE HIS TEAM WAS SITTING ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN!!!! you make no sense, i want a coach that fites for his team. i want a cocky smug coach. Look at the top 5 coaches in the ncaa

meyer_osu

oregon

texas

oklahoma

bama

they are all pretty much dicks and cocky. and guess waht they are winning. id rather have a winning asshole at coach, than the wv coach who was nice as possible and sucked it up.

He definitely came off as an arrogant ass without much to back it up but he's really shown what he and USC are capable of these last few weeks.

Will be interesting to see if Urban pulls any offers like Cardale. That would probably be a bad way to start off the Urban-Glenville relationship then again Glenville has been pretty shitty for players the last several years. And Kiel de-commited from Indiana a few weeks ago I think. Most think it's down to LSU and ND BUT his big relationship at LSU is with... Greg Studrawa. Potential OC for Urban here at OSU.

And of course Meyer didn't want an OSU-Michigan rematch. He wanted his team in the game...lol.

Yeah I know Keil had decommited and re-opened his recruiting. Many feel it will be ND that lands him. I have no clue why these top ranked qb recruits go to ND, they haven't produced a good NFL qb since who, Joe Montana?

I don't think Urban should pull any offers, that'd be quite the bitch move. These kids were willing to commit to Ohio State when no one else would, not to mention Cardale was activley recruiting kids while at Fork Union (see Michael Thomas).

My point is if you aren't going to let one conference have a rematch in the NCG, then you can't let any!! I was just tossing out a tidbit of info that I found ironic about Urban bitching back in 06. I want a coach like Tressell damnit!!

It could be worse, we could have Brian Kelly coming in, you'd really see me shit a brick then lol

Fight til the death man, we talked about this a couple weeks ago. Also talked about how can they be the real champion when they tied 1-1 for the year. Maybe this will end up being a good thing and get what many of fans are wanting, a playoff. Or this could be a really bad thing and just opening pandoras box for repeats of this shit every year for the SEC...

miles would totally bite sabans nipples if he had the chance. i put nothing past him. i just laugh at how creepy and awesome he is.

My point is if you aren't going to let one conference have a rematch in the NCG, then you can't let any!! I was just tossing out a tidbit of info that I found ironic about Urban bitching back in 06. I want a coach like Tressell damnit!!

It could be worse, we could have Brian Kelly coming in, you'd really see me shit a brick then lol

TRESSLE AINT COMING BACK. MOVE FORWARD OR GET LEFT BEHIND.

im getting you an i <3 meyer shirt for christmas

Thats why they call him the mad hatter. Just imagine if Michigan would've hired him, it'd be The Big SEC lol. Remember Kirk Herbstreits announcement that Michigan had hired Miles, man I was wishing he would say the same about Urban and OSU lol, cause he was dead wrong and looked like a fool on that one.