Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Meyer would go after Barry James Sanders, and steal him from Oklahoma State. I'd buy season tickets, and wear a scarlet Sanders Jersey in the stands. Hell I might travel to watch the road games too!

he aint leaving thats where his dad went. but that would be sick lol

I wish Meyer would go after Barry James Sanders, and steal him from Oklahoma State. I'd buy season tickets, and wear a scarlet Sanders Jersey in the stands. Hell I might travel to watch the road games too!

He would probably fit in pretty well with an Irvin Maya offense

Stoops is in a tough situation. Divorced with joint custody of the kids and ex-wife won't leave Arizona. He's not going to get another good job in Arizona so pretty much anywhere he ends up it's a flight to see the kids. $1m/yr buys a lot of flights. He's supposedly making his decision today. If OSU were on the west coast this would be done.

Sounds like his wife is a stupid cunt.

Boise was just fine before Peterson and will most likely be just fine afterwards. He will enjoy having his ass spanked by USC yearly and being a bottom feeder in the Pac12. UCLA is a basketball school and will continue to be one.

BTW that now makes 3 decently named coaches in hired by the pac12 in the last couple years. Lane Kiffin @USC, Chris Peterson@UCLA and Mike Leach@ Washington State

Oh yeah, Boise is my 2nd favorite team ;)

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Boise was just fine before Peterson and will most likely be just fine afterwards. He will enjoy having his ass spanked by USC yearly and being a bottom feeder in the Pac12. UCLA is a basketball school and will continue to be one.

Ehhh... they really weren't "just fine" before Petersen. They sucked when they moved up to the FBS, got Dirk Koetter and did pretty good (2 Humanitarian Bowl W's) then in came Dan Hawkins and his offensive coordinator, Chris Petersen. They started doing really well and Hawkins went to Colorado. Think we all know how that turned out. Hawkins left and Petersen stayed and Boise, IMO, actually got better leading me to believe Petersen had a lot to do with Boise's success even under Hawkins. He leaves and they're probably going to have to promote from within again except there probably isn't another Chris Petersen on that staff and Chris Petersen might want to take any of the good ones with him. Had Petersen's son not been so sick when Hawkins left for Colorado (bed-ridden for months at a time with spinal cancer I believe - diagnosed when he was 1) maybe Petersen leaves with him and Colorado actually becomes respectable and Boise fades into the background then.

And UCLA isn't really a basketball school anymore. It's a nothing school. Basketball and football teams suck. Go in there and take advantage of USC being limited by sanctions over the next few years. Would be interesting if Petersen failed in a big-time conference like Hawkins did though. Would truly prove that non-BCS conference success was all a mirage.

Article written by Bill Greene today at 8:48Pm today:

Urban Meyer day 4.

Attacking his new job with vigor and passion is not something that should be a surprise to anyone that has followed Urban Meyer at all, but the new Ohio State head coach is sending shockwaves throughout the college football world.

With National Signing Day still two months out, college coaches in America, and especially the Midwest, have to be fearing the thought of Meyer calling their committed recruits. In only three days, Meyer has turned the heads of several of the top prospects in the country, including some currently committed.

As a coach at one of Ohio's top high schools anonymously stated today: "In talking to coaches around the state, all I can say is this. Urban Meyer is playing a different game than all of the other schools in the Midwest and Big Ten. His recruiting is so much more intense and thorough than anything any of us have ever seen before, even from Ohio State."

What is the latest buzz on Meyer and potential recruits?

Stark County Duo: Rumors are circulating that Michigan State commit Se'Von Pittman is doing far more than just considering a visit to Ohio State, and in fact he has made the decision to take an official to Columbus. It also appears current Buckeye commit Brionte Dunn will be on campus the same weekend as Pittman, a plus in the recruitment of both players. Dunn was starting to look like a certain de-commit, and was on the way to being a Wolverine for Brady Hoke, but Meyer placed one phone call to him and might have stemmed the Michigan tide. This duo visiting together is something to watch going forward.

East Coast Magic? Now assistant coach Luke Fickell spent Thursday on the East Coast, and it looks the Buckeyes have targeted three offfensive playmakers in that area of the country. Stefon Diggs, Joel Caleb and Cyrus Jones are all in play for the Buckeyes, with Caleb taking an official this week to Ohio State. Diggs is a new name on the radar, and he expressed interest in Ohio State early in his junior year, but his recruitment never took off with the Buckeyes. Landing one of these three playmakers would be considered a boon to Ohio State's 2012 recruiting class.

Four Sunshine State Stars: Assistant coach Stan Drayton was in Florida Thursday and he has spoken with four high-profile players in the South Florida area. Keith Brown, Duke Johnson, Deon Bush and A.J. Leggett were all contacted by Ohio State, and of the four, Brown and Leggett could be the two most in play. The key here, as always, is the official visit. Putting a recruit with Meyer for 48 hours seems like a sure-fire recipe for a commitment, so any official visit would be huge.

Ohio Tackle Interested? It's no secret Meyer is not pleased with the offensive line situation at Ohio State, specifically the tackle position, and he has made that a priority for the 2012 class. The latest to be contacted? Current Notre Dame commit Taylor Decker, who until Thursday had not returned calls or spoken to any other staff. He has spoken to Meyer, and once again the key is the official visit. In a daring strategic move, Meyer told Decker there is no scholarship offer unless he visits. Stay tuned on the Vandalia-Butler big man.

This weekend will feature the six state championship football games in Ohio, held in both Canton and Massillon. While the presence of the Ohio State staff always causes a stir, Meyer's rock-star status in the state will create an unbelievable buzz if he shows up in person.

Nevada said on the 28th that he would be shocked if Mike Stoops didn't take the job.

Saw this on Scout.com enjoy buckeye fans. :)

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/IMAGES/Punter43.gif

Posted that gif before the game was even over. :gabe: It's so good though.

And did you just get on Scout premium or something? Seems like you just started posting all of their stuff. Another guy who seems pretty tapped in to the Stoops stuff is Marc Givler on Rivals (only guy worth anything on Rivals) and he had this to say tonight...

Like we reported yesterday, Stoops was definitely on campus Wednesday morning and meeting with Meyer and as Kevin put it, he wasn't in Columbus to eat a Thurman Burger.

Thought a deal could be 100% finalized by now but it seems very close, if not inevitable at this point.

Here is what I am hearing about the details of the contract, take these with a grain of salt because as we saw with Meyer's contract, details can change very very quickly during negotiations.

Hearing the package is centered around a four-year deal with an out-clause halfway through the deal, basically a mutual option after two-years.

Salary will be in the ballpark of 975,000-1,250,000 and with retention bonuses (much like the ones built into Meyer's deal) and other milestone bonuses could be worth up to 6 million dollars if he fulfills the entire life of the contract.

Like I told you guys all along in this process, they are going to pay BIG BUCKS to assistants. They do not want to lose these guys to the MAC. If Mike Stoops leaves, they want him to be leaving for a major coaching job, not picking up the pieces at Buffalo or Akron.

Will bring more info to board as I can get it, but this is what I have right now.

I refuse to pay for "inside" info that will be leaked a day later for free lol. I do appriciate you guys spilling the beans though, keep up the good job haha. BTW the more recruits I see being offered the more I have a feeling that Urban is gonna pull a bitch move and take offers away from commits. This is like 15 players he has spoken to in the 2012 class that have not commited to OSU...

Heres some of the more recent names I have seen that have already gotten an offer, are trying to be persuaded whatever.

Stefon Diggs

Joel Caleb

Cyrus Jones

Noah Spence

Nelson Agholor

Sevon Pittman

Nick Davidson

Alex Kozan

Bam Bradley

Jodan Diamond

Keith Brown

Kyle Decker

Ifeadi Odenigbo

^^ That is almost an entire class by its self!

Either a ton of kids are going to leave via transfers/medical reasons, whatever or he's gonna pull schollies

I hope they can Stefon Diggs and few good WR. tOSU needs some talented receivers to help out braxton miller. And if Noah spence commits to osu, him and Adolphus Washington will be a pretty nasty addition to the D-line. If all these rumors come true, I think tOSU could be looking at a No.1 Recruiting class for 2012.

I hope they can Stefon Diggs and few good WR. tOSU needs some talented receivers to help out braxton miller. And if Noah spence commits to osu, him and Adolphus Washington will be a pretty nasty addition to the D-line. If all these rumors come true, I think tOSU could be looking at a No.1 Recruiting class for 2012.

While I would love to see them add a playmaker or 2, I don't want it to be a situation where they are chosen over a kid that has already verbally agreed to come here. Just interesting that we now have room for all these kids, maybe we're going SEC and over signing lol

Kids responding well and be more interested in OSU after talking to Meyer doesn't mean they're going to commit to OSU.

Looking at that list... OSU would do well to get maybe 5 of them. Some people think this class ends up in the 22-23 range which would mean 6-7 more. 5-6 is probably more realistic though. Pittman seems very likely (was trending towards OSU even before the Meyer hiring thanks to his girlfriend committing to OSU for basketball). I think Davidson was just kinda sitting back and will follow in the footsteps of his father and grandfather and play at OSU. Other than that it's a crapshoot.

It would be an incredible feat for Urban to get this class to around 7th or 8th in the country before signing day. Maybe I'm underestimating the guy because I'm so used to the way Tressel and his staff handled recruiting (very laid back approach vs. Meyer's uber-aggressive approach) but I don't see the final 5-6 kids all being 5-star guys and I don't see him giving kids who stayed committed to OSU through some very tough times the boot.

And as far as Texas is concerned... just glad we got Urban inked before those rumors started popping up. There's an insane rumor out there that Saban might take the Texas job...lol. I think it's the #1 job in the country. They have their pick of about 50 high-level D1 kids every year in their state and they have the ability to go national if those 50 4- and 5-star recruits can't fill their specific needs. Brown has underachieved in epic fashion at Texas.

I refuse to pay for "inside" info that will be leaked a day later for free lol. I do appriciate you guys spilling the beans though, keep up the good job haha.

Meh, I like to read about sports, it's not that much. I see it as nothing different than paying for a newspaper, and truthfully nevada seems a more reliable source than any big media outlet. :)