Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meyer will be there in some capacity I'd think. Unless the waiver thing OSU has for new staff and old staff prevents that.

Gator fans I've talked to think they'd lose handily.

In the press conference they said he would be there watching. My guess is he is in an admin box

Hey Phil, I saw this article posted in October this year and here it a little snippet:

The highly sought Sanders, who carries a 3.39 GPA, has narrowed his college list to Alabama, Florida State, Stanford and LSU. Sanders says his decision will rest on "mainly just the environment and academics." He is expected to announce his college choice at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Jan. 7, 2012, at the Alamodome in San Antonio.

no Oklahoma State mentioned, Urban please make a call. Please?

http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.aspx#!videoid=c95db14f-aee0-8a53-6596-e24a693542b5

he seems way more mature for his age, he could be just what tOSU needs.

Edited by Benjamin

Hey Phil, I saw this article posted in October this year and here it a little snippet:

no Oklahoma State mentioned, Urban please make a call. Please?

http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.aspx#!videoid=c95db14f-aee0-8a53-6596-e24a693542b5

he seems way more mature for his age, he could be just what OSU needs.

:lol: i can imagine that convo

meyer:ring ring

barry sanders sr: hello

meyer: baaaaaaraaay, hey bud its urb, hey i need to win some ncg so i need your son.

bss: hold on, jr, you wanna win some ncg ?

son: is that hoke?

:fuuuu:

Any real truth to Saban going to Texas? I would LOVE that, and laugh at all these idiot alabama fans down here for calling meyer a quiter and a pussy.

doubt it. wouldnt make sense, you have a top program in the best confrence, to move to a great program that you have to rebuild in a weaker confrence? i wouldnt put any money on it

Saban to Texas is just some insane rumor that's been floating around for a couple weeks now. The thing is, Texas probably is the best job in the country and Saban is widely regarded as the best coach in the country. And Texas has the money to do it. Go to Texas, easier to recruit than at Alabama (not that Saban has trouble but it would still be easier), easier path to the national title game (no conference title game at the moment - weaker competition in a conference that doesn't know what defense is), etc. Would be pretty funny but no real validity to it yet.

I've read conflicting reports, some say its going to happen after the Baylor game on saturday. Others are saying they haven't heard anything about this, I guess we'll wait and see. Zack I read an interesting name for the Texas job, Chris Peterson lol. He is becomming the new Jon Gruden, anytime a job opening in college pops up his name is mentioned as the lead canidate.

Saban bailing on Alabama wouldn't suprise me. If they win a national championship this year, he really has nothing left to prove. It would be a much easier job for him in Texas then Alabama, that state is absolutely loaded with talent that wants nothing more then to be a Longhorn. Not to mention no one in the Big12 plays defense lol. However, their fans are crazier then Ohio States, so he had better win early and often before his head is called for lol

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing