Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Urban has brought his speed/conditioning coach from Florida up here and Lichter will be gone. I dont think OSU has had any real burners since Butch Reynolds left the program, hopefully they can get some faster guys at the skill positions as I hav said all year long there was no home run threat on this team and on the roster currently for that matter

Looks like Urban has brought his speed/conditioning coach from Florida up here and Lichter will be gone. I dont think OSU has had any real burners since Butch Reynolds left the program, hopefully they can get some faster guys at the skill positions as I hav said all year long there was no home run threat on this team and on the roster currently for that matter

real burners?

what about ginn and brandon saine? two of the best sprinters this state has ever seen.

real burners?

what about ginn and brandon saine? two of the best sprinters this state has ever seen.

Umm maybe you aren't aware of when Ginn played here and when Butch Reynolds left...

Ginn left in 07, Reynolds left in 08, since then what burners has Ohio State had? The linebackers are terribly slow this year minus Ryan Shazier, the safety position here has been slow and unathletic looking in recent years, Boom is a solid back but he's not super fast by any means, neither was Beanie.

BTW Saine was slow as fuck while at Ohio State, show me 1 play where you saw him and said "oh damn that boy fast", you won't find one because he simply never showed the 10.3 100m burst that everyone talked about. He ran a 4.4 at the combine, but on the field he is not a 4.4 type player. Ginn was world class fast and is the last real burner OSU has had at the WR position, who since have we had? Robiske 4.6-4.7 40, Sanzenbacher 4.57, Hartline 4.5, cmon i'll be waiting for your reply. Look at the current WR's there is no burner. Everyone claims Philly Brown to be this super fast guy, yet only 1 time this year did he really get any sort of seperation and honestly that was the first time in the 2 years he has played here that he has done so.

Ohio State needs guys like Ginn, Gonzalez and Holmes at the WR position if they want to compete with the big boys and finally get over the hump and regularly compete against the SEC type teams.

Phil you're a Michigan fan, your opinion is instantly null and void :lolguy:

Official Heisman invite list has been released: Montee Ball, Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck, Tyrann Mathieu, Trent Richardson. Who wins?

My order would be:

RG3

Tyrann Mathieu

Monte Ball

Andrew Luck

Trent Richardson

I still think Barkley should've been invited

Official Heisman invite list has been released: Montee Ball, Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck, Tyrann Mathieu, Trent Richardson. Who wins?

My order would be:

RG3

Tyrann Mathieu

Monte Ball

Andrew Luck

Trent Richardson

Why would you ever put ball behind mathieu?

My order would be:

RG3

Tyrann Mathieu

Monte Ball

Andrew Luck

Trent Richardson

Mathieu should win because he is the best player in te country. But he wont because he is a defensive player.

Edited by FILL

Umm yeah Tyrann Mathieu is a fucking beast. Have you watched that kid play? The scary thing is he is only a sophmore. Honestly I think he is having a far better season then Woodson did when he won the award.

71 tackles, 2 INT's, 5 Forced Fumbles, 1.5 sacks, 16.1 yard average on punt returns, 2 TD's on returns. I can't find how many he has recovered but I know its atleast 3.

Woodson for comparison

44 Tackles, 8 INT's, 1 sack, 8.7 yard average 1TD. He played offense which helped his claim, but overall i'd say Mathieu had a much better season.

Fair or not, no DB will win a Heisman with only 2 picks, no matter how good they are. The 6 forced and 5 recovered is really impressive though, especially for a cornerback. I think they said he has 12 forced fumbles in 25 career games? Unreal

Yeah man, heres his freshman year stats

"Ranked first in the SEC and fifth nationally with five forced fumbles and tied for first in the conference in fumble recoveries with three ... Led the team with seven pass breakups ... Fourth on the team in tackles with 57 ... Was an absolute playmaker on the season with 8.5 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, seven pass breakups, five forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries and two interceptions ... Earned Cotton Bowl Defensive Most Outstanding Player award after the best game of his young career in which he recorded seven tackles, one tackle for loss, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, one interception, one sack and one pass breakup ... "

Umm yeah Tyrann Mathieu is a fucking beast. Have you watched that kid play? The scary thing is he is only a sophmore. Honestly I think he is having a far better season then Woodson did when he won the award.

71 tackles, 2 INT's, 5 Forced Fumbles, 1.5 sacks, 16.1 yard average on punt returns, 2 TD's on returns. I can't find how many he has recovered but I know its atleast 3.

Woodson for comparison

44 Tackles, 8 INT's, 1 sack, 8.7 yard average 1TD. He played offense which helped his claim, but overall i'd say Mathieu had a much better season.

do you just google stats all day long so you sound cool on a msg board, or do u actually know these numbers and keep them locked in a safe in your basement so when its comes up you have data to support your argument on a msg board? either way, you are a total and complete nerd. im just saying. moving along here ;)

False.

If you take rg3 away from baylor, they are probably a 1 or 2 win team.

If you take matheiu away from LSU, they are probably still in the NCG.

im not saying rg3 isnt one the the best players. i think its a hard argument between the two. honestly ive seen way more of matheiu than rg3. and what i see is another troy palamalu/ ed reed type player. ball hawker, dymanic, game changer. both sides of the ball he can change the game. rg3 is just on the offensive side. and i agree w/o him, that team is useless. overall i think you can do more with mathieu and the risk reward isnt as great.

Phil, you're still mad cause I wouldn't let you see my asshole. Its ok, we all know you're a closet case but you really should just get over it already man. It takes 20seconds to find facts to support claims that I already know in my head. I just don't know the actual stats so before posting up random numbers, I like to find the proof to back them. I watch a fuck ton of football and for some reason I absorb random shit, if only I could do that with my math and chemistry classes lol. If I were to simply post up that Mathieu was having a better year then Woodson's Heisman year, I would've gotten "you're a fucking idiot" or "you just speak to speak" lmfao.

BTW if RG3 wins it, I think it'd be the first time since Tebow that a guy won it and his team wasn't in the NCG.

Phil, you're still mad cause I wouldn't let you see my asshole. Its ok, we all know you're a closet case but you really should just get over it already man. It takes 20seconds to find facts to support claims that I already know in my head. I just don't know the actual stats so before posting up random numbers, I like to find the proof to back them. I watch a fuck ton of football and for some reason I absorb random shit, if only I could do that with my math and chemistry classes lol. If I were to simply post up that Mathieu was having a better year then Woodson's Heisman year, I would've gotten "you're a fucking idiot" or "you just speak to speak" lmfao.

BTW if RG3 wins it, I think it'd be the first time since Tebow that a guy won it and his team wasn't in the NCG.

so you have a file listed " college stats for the msg boards" its cool. you are a nerd. i think woodson was more important to the team but yes mathieu is the shit. rg3 is the best offensive player in the country no doubt, and i hope that he can translate that in the nfl.