Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

I think you need to realize that as a running back you have to rely on your team. This guy will have over 1000 yards and you talk like hes trash. 4.1 is not a bad average, and as a running back you get less carries if your team is losing. You act like he goes in and calls the plays and blocks for himself. If you dont get yards as a back there are a lot of people to blame.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think Indy gets atleast 1 win this season honestly. Houston is pretty banged up, but they jus need to win 1 more game in my opinion to win the division. They win this week and Tennesee loses and the division is clinched. Tennesee needs Cincy to lose a couple games and Oakland and NY Jets to not win anymore games in order to clinch the wildcard. I don't see them doing it, but crazier things happen.

He has 206 carries, thats more then some of the guys in the top 10 have, he has more carries then McGahee, Beanie, Fred Jackson, Matt Forte (#3 in league)

2 less then Ray Rice

So its not like he isn't getting carries, he just simply isn't producing up to the level that he did 2 years ago when he had 2k yards.

Haha poor lions, their best rusher is 41st in the league. On paper that team is a super bowl winning team, for whatever reason they cannot get it done. Calvin Johnson would be served best to leave once his deal is up, that dudes a fucking monster

Chris Johnson has rushed for more than a 1000 yards every year of his career. 1200 1st year, 2009 yards his second, and 1300 yards last year. He sits at 852 now and will break 1000 this year. My lions would kill for a 1000 yard rusher.

Thats what Im saying. The guy is not just another running back. When you have a 2k yard season people come in with game plans just to stop you. Having 1k yards with the line loaded and a target on your head is not an easy thing to do.

Gore is a beast. Im a Peterson and Mcgahee fan myself. I love watching those guys.

62.5 yards a game is a hard thing for a starting NFL running back to do? Thats what you have to average in order to have 1000 yards in a seaon....I understand that a line has to be atleast decent in order for a back to get yards, but isn't his team 7-5? I would venture to say they havea decent line if they are 7-5.

I am a Peterson fan as well. Gore is highly under rated and over looked. I think the whole San Fran team is this year honestly. They are a very quiet 10-2 team

62.5 yards a game is a hard thing for a starting NFL running back to do? Thats what you have to average in order to have 1000 yards in a seaon....I understand that a line has to be atleast decent in order for a back to get yards, but isn't his team 7-5? I would venture to say they havea decent line if they are 7-5.

If it was easy every back would have 1000 yards.

Every NFL back should be able to have a 1000 yards!! Thats my point, they are being paid MILLIONS, yet they can't gain 3000ft?

If you're one of the top paid running backs, you had better live up to the expectations, plain and simple. That is unless you play for a team that is absolutely terrible lol

Every NFL back should be able to have a 1000 yards!! Thats my point, they are being paid MILLIONS, yet they can't gain 3000ft?

If you're one of the top paid running backs, you had better live up to the expectations, plain and simple

True.. but..Strong defenses like the steelers, broncos, and ravens void your argument. They get paid millions to stop the million dollar rb. Look at his stats.. and most other backs against them. If everything doenst click you dont run against them successfully. He should count his blessings that he only played them once lol.

I get what you are saying, but blocking a gnata, lewis, suggz, etc makes it hard for a rb to earn their paycheck.

Ok so we'll take away the Ravens and Baltimore

24 yards against Jax

21 vs Denver

18 vs Houston

34 vs Indy

64 vs Cincy

13 vs ATL

Least amount of yards allowed.. top 6

Steelers

Texans

Ravens

49ers

Jacksonville

Cincinatti

Fewest rushing yards allowed

49ers

Ravens

Falcons

Texans

Miami

Cincinatti

Everyone on that list but Indy and Denver have been giving people fits all year statistically.

Ok, but didn't you yourself say "he isn't just some running back", meaning he is supposedly elite...

Lmao I love sports, without them i would have very little to argue/debate about

Being elite means nothing when the defensive coaches on the other team make your o coordinator look like he needs to be fired :lol: Elite running backs are only as good as the line in front of them and the play calling. Against the ravens it looked like they were in the titans huddle.

To me elite means able to produce in big ways year after year and help the team. He's doing that... better late then never this year. I remember watching Barry Sanders lose yards on 18 runs just to run for 80 on his next. Hes one of the only guys Ive seen do his job with little line support.

Being elite means nothing when the defensive coaches on the other team make your o coordinator look like he needs to be fired :lol: Elite running backs are only as good as the line in front of them and the play calling. Against the ravens it looked like they were in the titans huddle.

I took the Ravens out of the eqution, like I said his team is 7-5, chances are they have a pretty decent line and a pretty solid offensive coordinator.

I do agree that the league is a pass happy one, but why wouldn't it be? You're not allowed to tackle a QB and not allowed to hit a WR, bombs away boys, bombs away!

I took the Ravens out of the eqution, like I said his team is 7-5, chances are they have a pretty decent line and a pretty solid offensive coordinator.

Nope, they suck. The run pass balance was horrible, and the plays were predictable. My friends a titans fan and complained about it at work weekly. I only posted because his name came up and I hear about him so much. I hate the Titans. If you need me Ill be on Revis Island... oh yeah :lol: