Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

What in the hell is up with this guy and end of games? Its like he goes into a phone booth in the 4th quarter and comes out Steve Young. Its a good thing his kicker was on point today.

As good as he was on that drive, if I was the Broncos I would be worried. How long can you play the cardiac kids role before it bites you in the butt? You wont have a running back run out of bounds, and fumble to give the game away every week. I dont know who wanted the Broncos to win more.. Tebow, or Barber :lol:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair he hasn't played anyone good except The Lions and Jets. My lions put up 45 pts on that defense, and allowed the only touchdown in "garbage time". They won 45-10, (were leading 45-3) and it was ugly for Tebow. And well the Jets, they are tired of their coaches shit I think. Everyone else has been a scrub team, including Chicago yesterday. They have lost the key components to their team. I'm pretty sure Bill Belichick and Brady will not have his team within 1 score in the fourth quarter. Even though NE's D can't stop a nose bleed. The Charger's loss should have cost Turner his HC job IMO. That whole organization is shit, how do you let Sproles go to NO?

I'd like to take this time and thank Mr. Tebow for defeating the Bears and giving the Lions the lead for the wild card, our fans are much appreciative, no hard feelings about the beat down you took five or six weeks ago.

What happens if he does this shit again against the Patriots. The NFL is loving this right now, its drawing ratings. Hell I am not a huge NFL fan, but even I have been glued to the TV during Bronco's games, just to wait and see what he does in the 4th quarter haha. Chicago's defense is still solid, regardless if Cutler is out or not. I bet the fans of Denver absolutely love Marion Barber haha. Wether you like him or not you gotta admit, it sure is fun watching what he is doing late in ball games.

Pat Dooley (Gainesville Sun writer who was very close to Urban at UF) says he wouldn't be surprised to see Everett Withers named Urban's DC within the week. Currently the interim HC at UNC, their DC for the last few years. Has NFL experience with the Titans in the early 00's. His defense at UNC in 2009 was very, very good (6th in the country in total defense) and would have been in contention for the best defense in the country in 2010 had it not been for their scandal.

Yeah, nevada has the ===='s out on Schutt, Dodson and Pittman from this weekend. Posted that last page. :gabe:

And it looks really, really good for the #1 DE in the country, Noah Spence. Urban. Fickell and Vrabel doing an in-home on Friday and will watch him in his playoff game. Then Spence comes to Columbus for his official over the weekend and won't visit anywhere else before announcing his decision at the Under Armor All-American game.

No ==== on Spence or Diamond yet. Feel better about Spence than Diamond personally. Bill Greene on Scout didn't even put Diamond on his final list because he just thinks there's something off about his whole recruitment. OSU was just his first OV and he'll be taking all 5. OSU will still have in-home visits and they definitely need tackles but we'll see.

Here's Bill Greene's final 8 (counting Dunn as uncommitted right now since he's visiting Michigan this weekend)...

1- Tommy Schutt. There are unconfirmed reports that Schutt has de-committed from Penn State, and has pledged to the Buckeyes. Do I believe this? Yes.

2- Kyle Dodson. This past weekend's visit was not a pleasure trip for Dodson, as all reports prior had him coming to Columbus with serious intentions. The odds are high that Dodson heard what he was looking to hear regarding sanctions, and the depth chart, so it's reasonable to assume he will be a part of this class on National Signing Day, even though he is currently committed to Wisconsin.

3- Se'Von Pittman. Like Dodson, Pittman, who came to Columbus with his mother, was there for business, not pleasure. He is currently not speaking to the media, so it's tough to judge his thoughts, but his actions show a player looking to flip from Michigan State to Ohio State. If all went well with his mother, look for Pittman to be at Ohio State next year.

4- Noah Spence. Meyer is definitely looking to add speed off the edge defensively, and the nation's top-rated defensive end certainly fills that bill. Spence will visit next week, and Ohio State will make every attempt to convince him he should be a Buckeye going forward. This one could go well for Ohio State.

5- Camren Williams. The four-star linebacker is at Ohio State currently, and his father is with him on this trip. This could be a tough pull for the Buckeyes and Meyer, for Williams is not only currently committed to Penn State, but a leader in the recruiting class. The linebacker position is a position of need for Ohio State, and the depth chart is appealing.

6- Joel Caleb. The Virginia playmaker visited Ohio State two weekends ago, and the visit was a huge hit with the four-star wide receiver. Ohio State would love to add another wideout, and Maryland star Cyrus Jones is scheduled to visit this upcoming weekend, so Caleb might not be a high priority until they see how things go with Jones. With a strong push, Ohio State could be able to land Joel Caleb.

7- Jamal Marcus. The North Carolina linebacker has been getting the full court press from Ohio State lately, and he was not only visited in person by assistant coach Luke Fickell, but he has also agreed to visit officially. Like Williams, Marcus fills an important position need and he will find the depth chart appealing. Ohio State sees Marcus as a linebacker, not a defensive end.

8- Brionte Dunn. Although a committed recruit to Ohio State, the Buckeyes are fighting tooth and nail to hold off Brady Hoke and Michigan for Dunn. The Wolverines have an official visit left on tap for Dunn, which could give them a slight advantage in landing him. Ohio State wants the five-star tailback badly, and will fight this battle to the finish.

I don't know what the open numbers look like exactly right now but Graham transferring opens a spot then the potential medical waivers of Melvin Fellows, Scott McVey and Chad Hagan are there too. Greene also keeps mentioning that there are 2 kids currently committed with academic questions. 1 in pretty serious doubt, the other looking like he'll make it. Hasn't said who they are or given any hints (never in good taste to talk specifics about that stuff).

So does that mean we're out for Kozan and Diamond? I sure hope not, from what I have read Diamond was blown away, but then again he might say that about the next 4 places he visits lol. I would like to see OSU land atleast 2 more linemen in this class as thats going to be the weakest link for the foreseable future, right behind that is LB and WR in my opinion. I just wish someone would commit already!! I think Dunn is gonna end up at Michigan honestly and I am ok with that. Green in the 2013 class is a stud so its whatever really.

I wonder who's in academic troubles...

BTW this made me lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMK9FKMG3Nc&feature=youtu.be

What happens if he does this shit again against the Patriots. The NFL is loving this right now, its drawing ratings. Hell I am not a huge NFL fan, but even I have been glued to the TV during Bronco's games, just to wait and see what he does in the 4th quarter haha. Chicago's defense is still solid, regardless if Cutler is out or not. I bet the fans of Denver absolutely love Marion Barber haha. Wether you like him or not you gotta admit, it sure is fun watching what he is doing late in ball games.

If he beats the Pats it will prove that he sold his soul to the devil or is a the real life equivalent to Bruce Almighty.

Zack, Schutt made the switch officially. For those wondering who he is, he's a 5 star (per scout) DT that committed to Penn State, but after their scandal, he flipped to Ohio State.

Heres his Jr year highlight film:

The d-line class this year could be scary good

DE- 5* Adolpheus Washington

DT- 5* Tommy Schutt

DE- 5* Noah Spence

So does that mean we're out for Kozan and Diamond? I sure hope not, from what I have read Diamond was blown away, but then again he might say that about the next 4 places he visits lol. I would like to see OSU land atleast 2 more linemen in this class as thats going to be the weakest link for the foreseable future, right behind that is LB and WR in my opinion. I just wish someone would commit already!! I think Dunn is gonna end up at Michigan honestly and I am ok with that. Green in the 2013 class is a stud so its whatever really.

I wonder who's in academic troubles...

BTW this made me lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMK9FKMG3Nc&feature=youtu.be

Not out of it for Diamond, others still pretty confident with him. Bill just didn't put him on his list because he has a funny feeling about the whole recruitment. Don't think Meyer wants Kozan. He's more of a guard and we've got basically nothing but guards outside of Norwell and Fragel. Heard that Kozan hasn't even heard from anyone at OSU since Meyer was hired. Dodson and Diamond are the best bets. Davidson is still lurking too as an OSU legacy.

Michigan/MSU and PSU fans have got to be shitting bricks. Not only have we stole their top recruits, but will be adding more 5 stars in the next couple weeks lmfao. ESPN is gonna hate talking about this class on national signing day because no one thought this would be a top 25 class with all the bullshit the program has been through

Tweet from ESPN's Big 10 bloggers earlier tonight...

Urban Meyer sending message to the Big Ten today: if you think your recruits are committed, better check again.

The rest of the Big 10 is so mad that Urban is allowed to be recruiting right now. Saying it's an unfair advantage that OSU gets to essentially have one staff coaching for the bowl game and one recruiting. Michigan's HC and AD have both complained about it publicly even though they just did the same thing when Rich Rodriguez was hired (Terrelle Pryor essentially broke the news that RR was hired since RR called him first to let him know he was going to Michigan) a few years ago. Granted it was a different HC and AD, it was still Michigan doing it. Plus, the fans for these other schools are acting like OSU has 15-20 guys out there recruiting and coaching. OSU has 9 guys coaching for the bowl game (Paul Haynes is now gone to Arkansas as their DC) and basically 5 guys recruiting (with 4 of them overlapping - Vrabel, Fickell, Drayton and Johnson). People just read bits and pieces of information then fill in the holes with their imagination. It's pretty incredible. Reading the MSU, UM and PSU boards over the last several hours has been hilarious.

Sounds like Fickell might actually get to call the defense for the first time in his career. Meyer said he'd be calling the defense today on 97.1. Sounds like he'll either be DC or co-DC with him being in charge instead of how it was with Heacock being in charge and Fickell really just getting the co-DC title.