Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only point it out because again, because Skip bothers me.

Yeah, Skip is a moron.

Of course, I'm convinced that ESPN is starting to go the way of WWE, wherein certain people - like Skip, Mark May, etc. - are told to play certain roles, play the "villian," and that sort of thing. I'm not sure how much of it is real anymore.

5-star RB Brionte Dunn re-confirmed his commitment to OSU tonight during an in-home visit with Meyer and Fickell. Will NOT be visiting Michigan this weekend or in January as Michigan tried to scramble and get him to visit in January when they got wind of Dunn's plans this afternoon. He's done, 100% Buckeye. Meyer - 1, Hoke - 0. :lolguy:

Yeah just read that, so I think that leaves 4 or 5 open spots? That means 4 kids better hurry and decide or get left behind lol. I also read that the DC from North Carolina was hired? If thats the case then I am kinda confused about what Urban said regarding Fickell, he'd be a co-d coordinator, is that much of a change from what he was prior to this year?

Fickell had little/no part in calling the defenses as co-DC with Heacock. I think that will change now. That's why I posted "Fickell will be calling the defense for the first time in his career."

Also, recruiting rankings update on Scout gave a little bump to the class... all the way up to 6th in the country now with a higher star average than Michigan. And there's still 4-5 more 4+ star recruits that will be committing.

Fickell had little/no part in calling the defenses as co-DC with Heacock. I think that will change now. That's why I posted "Fickell will be calling the defense for the first time in his career."

It may not matter

http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/stories/2011/12/16/1216-fickell-reportedly-interviews-at-pitt.html

Whoa, did not see this one coming.

We do have a history of filling the Pitt position with OSU coordinators, however.

Yeah I didn't see it coming either. I thought that maybe Fickell decided he didn't like the stresses of being HC and thought maybe a baller ass Coord $$$ lifetime $$$ was his ticket.

Who knows, maybe he got the call and Meyer told him it was too good of an opportunity to pass up if he ever wants to be a HC

Yeah, all but the Miami loss (aka Bauserbowl) were a TD or less. Will be interesting to see what Fickell does. If he leaves you have to believe he takes Vrabel with him. Maybe that opens the door back up for someone like Mike Stoops.

What did Mike Stoops decide? Is he headed to Oklahoma?

What did Mike Stoops decide? Is he headed to Oklahoma?

Still hasn't decided yet. Right now, with Fickell, Vrabel, Johnson and Withers, there really isn't room for him and it looks like a reunion with his brother at Oklahoma would be likely. I have no idea if this is realistic, was just throwing it out there because I can't see Vrabel sticking around if Fickell goes to Pitt so that's 2 defensive staff positions opened back up and Withers' title/position is still unknown.

How do you say no to 10 million dollars? You cant and don't, you go where the money is. Hopefully he can go to Pitt, get some expierence for 3-4 years and come back here to take over for Urban after his heart pains come back ;)

There are already rumblings on scout that if Fickell goes to Pitt, then Spence would most likely end up there as well lol. I don't think that'd happen and honestly I am not sure Fickell is even going to take the Pitt job, he seems pretty loyal to tOSU.

How do you say no to 10 million dollars? You cant and don't, you go where the money is. Hopefully he can go to Pitt, get some expierence for 3-4 years and come back here to take over for Urban after his heart pains come back ;)

There are already rumblings on scout that if Fickell goes to Pitt, then Spence would most likely end up there as well lol. I don't think that'd happen and honestly I am not sure Fickell is even going to take the Pitt job, he seems pretty loyal to tOSU.

Doubt Spence gives a shit about Fickell/Pitt. The main competition OSU has to worry about is if Larry Johnson Sr. gets the job at PSU (highly unlikely if using common sense but it is Penn State). Spence likes him for some odd reason (Johnson is a giant racist - always called OSU out for having basically old, white slave owners and not giving a shit about their black athletes) and he could end up there if they go with him but PSU has to be thinking 'clean house'. You have to believe the interviews for Johnson and Bradley are just courtesies.

Lots of rumblings going around that Pitt is going to get Chryst. Definitely want to keep Fickell so that would be good news.