Would you????

phil

Here the situation I have put myself in. I have the goat and just picked up a gangster ride and now I don't know which direction to go in. The gto is getting the motor pulled this winter since te rings are shot and the original plan was to go balls deep and just Max the car out. We est. The bill for the entire build would be somewhere between 4-9k depending on if the trans was going to get built as well. Well now that we have the full Monte, we are going to make that the bpa killer car. Our goal is to have one of the fastest cars on Cr and a dedecated grudge car. So the question now falls, with a "race car" being built, would you still go nuts on the "street car" or pull the motor have it sleeved ringed and machined , ect and put it back to it's current state. The car is stock with a tune right now and makes fun power, or should I toss a cam in it while I have it apart? I wouldn't mind a 400-430 hp reliable weekend warrior either. Or, would you still build it with the intentions for the future??? What would you do?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dedicated race cars get very little action after the first few nights out, They really aren't as much fun as a fairly fast car that you drive. Example Mark or rays car would get very few races if they were to go to a local grudge event(the big boy races is differant but that take continued bank roll) were as say Scott's car car get way more runs thus making the slower car more fun.

If I were Phil, having great facial hair, a height problem, and maybe an STD this is what I would do...

-GTO would be put back to close to stock and safe.

-All other funds would go to race car

+1

one car for the track, one for the street, and one for the ladies

If I were Phil, having great facial hair, a height problem, and maybe an STD this is what I would do...

-GTO would be put back to close to stock and safe.

-All other funds would go to race car

I don't have an STD , and if I did it would be your fault

But thanks for the advice

I don't have an STD , and if I did it would be your fault

But thanks for the advice

You were not such a barebackin motherfucker we would not be in this situation.

If you really want to win at the track, that is where you need to put your money.

You were not such a barebackin motherfucker we would not be in this situation.

If you really want to win at the track, that is where you need to put your money.

heres a good question for you since scott brought it up, do we build a big dick swinging car? or. build a low 10/ hi 9 second car and jsut hustle hard? we can do both but what will be more fun?

heres a good question for you since scott brought it up, do we build a big dick swinging car? or. build a low 10/ hi 9 second car and jsut hustle hard? we can do both but what will be more fun?

I would do a low 10 high 9's car. Why? Because that is pretty much the cut off point IMO when you really have to put lots of money into upkeep in a motor. How often do you want to check the valve train for isses? How many passes between teardowns? There is more than you think that goes into going fast and keeping it together on a regular basis.

Ask guys who have stupid fast cars and they will tell you that the upkeep is very expensive.

If it were me and you want to have "fun" keep it simple.

I would do a low 10 high 9's car. Why? Because that is pretty much the cut off point IMO when you really have to put lots of money into upkeep in a motor. How often do you want to check the valve train for isses? How many passes between teardowns? There is more than you think that goes into going fast and keeping it together on a regular basis.

Ask guys who have stupid fast cars and they will tell you that the upkeep is very expensive.

If it were me and you want to have "fun" keep it simple.

this in no way shape or form disrespecting mark or ips:

but what is it about marks car that makes it so awesome and ips so great? is it the fact that its just a dumb fast car? is it the fact that its a turbo c6? is it the world records ? or is it the fact that the car is marketed so well?

the reason i ask this is cause we want to put bpa on the map, but we cant even sniff the amount of $ invested in that car, we are putting together 2 different cars that will be bad as hell, but its nothing thats inovative like marks car. its been done before, so is the same wow factor there?

Assuming you picked up the Cutlass ?

Do a basic rebuild on the GTO, get it square, then invest every nickle into the grudge machine.

no just had ?s on his motor and some other things, we have a monte carlo

To get any attn in a monte you are gonna need 800+ hp think like twin turbo bb just to start. Most everything has been done on a monte

thats why i wanted to know what makes marks car so bad ass. i know the monte has been done 10 billion times and seeing another one wouldnt be as cool, but does a fast car just attract attention or does it have to be something new and neat

this in no way shape or form disrespecting mark or ips:

but what is it about marks car that makes it so awesome and ips so great? is it the fact that its just a dumb fast car? is it the fact that its a turbo c6? is it the world records ? or is it the fact that the car is marketed so well?

the reason i ask this is cause we want to put bpa on the map, but we cant even sniff the amount of $ invested in that car, we are putting together 2 different cars that will be bad as hell, but its nothing thats inovative like marks car. its been done before, so is the same wow factor there?

Records grab attention. Mark's car is the fastest IRS vette and might end up being the fastest IRS car in the world. That is not easy, or cheap to do right. Marketing might have some to do with it, but the fact remains it is the fastest until someone knocks him and IPS off the top of that mountain.

You want to put BPA on the map? Win, that is what puts LMR, Livernois, Vengance, Proline and every other major shop on the radar of the masses. To be honest if you want to get on that level you have to spend the big bucks, or take down the big boys by not spending the big bucks.